December Babies!

So for father's day we went out to dinner with my father-in-law, brother-in-law and 2 nephews. My oldest nephew asked what we were going to name the baby. I told him if it was a boy: Steven Lee (both mine and DH fathers are Steve and my DH middle name is Lee), if it was a girl: Kaytlin Marybeth (my mom's middle name is Kay and Marybeth was my DH mom's name). My father in law proceeded to tell me that the middle name should be Ray after him and said what are the alternatives for Kaytlin as he didn't like it. I said there were no alternatives those were my names and he said "well let's just hope it's a boy then"! I almost wanted to cry!

My DH was away from the table getting ice cream for my nephews and he thought his father was just messing with me and joking. Whether is was or not, I feel like I want to keep the names a secret because I don't want negative thoughts.

Just needed to rant.........

aww :hugs: that's so mean! We are revealing the names next month and I know there are going to be a lot of people who dislike our girl name. In fact, my grandmother already hates it. That's okay with me though, as DH and I have loved it for a few years now and know it's perfect. Just feel confident in your names and don't let the meanies get you down!

At what point do you have a GD test? I havent had one and it's not been mentioned and i wonder whether it happens in the uk or not, could it be included in other tests and i've not noticed ...?

Normally in the states they do them from 24-28 weeks, but I had it done early since I am a very, very high risk patient and I've had severe gestational diabetes in the past.

So for father's day we went out to dinner with my father-in-law, brother-in-law and 2 nephews. My oldest nephew asked what we were going to name the baby. I told him if it was a boy: Steven Lee (both mine and DH fathers are Steve and my DH middle name is Lee), if it was a girl: Kaytlin Marybeth (my mom's middle name is Kay and Marybeth was my DH mom's name). My father in law proceeded to tell me that the middle name should be Ray after him and said what are the alternatives for Kaytlin as he didn't like it. I said there were no alternatives those were my names and he said "well let's just hope it's a boy then"! I almost wanted to cry!

My DH was away from the table getting ice cream for my nephews and he thought his father was just messing with me and joking. Whether is was or not, I feel like I want to keep the names a secret because I don't want negative thoughts.

Just needed to rant.........

aww :hugs: that's so mean! We are revealing the names next month and I know there are going to be a lot of people who dislike our girl name. In fact, my grandmother already hates it. That's okay with me though, as DH and I have loved it for a few years now and know it's perfect. Just feel confident in your names and don't let the meanies get you down!

I am dreading the names part. There will always be someone who dislikes whatever you choose. I am liking James for a boy and Harper for a girl. Harper will not go down well. Neither will the fact I am also giving it my surname not the fathers!

Oh dont worry about names as long as you and your partner are happy that's all that matters, thankfully ive sounded the family out with some names and there alright with girls names, boys well we dont really have any everyone that we liked one of us has gone off so we're back to square one ha ha, im trying to not think about it till we know the gender.
We're thinking about taking my surname too, my OH doesn't like his surname as he has issues with his dad but the problem is that he already has a son who has his name and he is happy to have another baby with the same name a his mum and half sisters have a different name, so im trying to convince my OK to hyphen but that's a fight for another day.

The father will get to have his say in first names. He left me so I don't think he deserves baby to have his surname. If he had married me like he was supposed to we would all have had the same name. I really don't want baby having a different name to me so will be giving him my surname. I will think of more names when I know what I am having. It's hard to think of 2 names when you will only need one or the other!

Well i totally agree with that, I dont want to have a different name to my child either, we are engaged to be wed but i worry about what will happen that's why i want to hyphen then when we do get wed we can drop a name, it's all a bit to stressful if your not already married.
I really hope it's a girl as girls names seems to be the only thing we agree on at the moment.

Yeah the problem is though is that he doens't want us to have his name he wants to take my name when we marry but because he already has a son with his name he cant really, that would be like disowning his son, he said 'well we'll change his name too' but i cant see any mother allowing us to change her sons name to that of her ex's new partner.
I think he's stuck with his name but it doesn't mean that me and my child are, we'll have to see.

Ooh complicated! Well if the name is the hardest bit to sort out you are in for an easy ride.xxx

I wish that was all we had to worry about, but trying to get my OH to actually do anything is the hardest part, there are things that he says i cant do like put stuff in the attic and take things to the tip, heavy things that i cant lift but when i ask him to do it it's like ive asked him to kill someone, I told him this morning whatever he doesnt do today i will do at the weekend so if he cares about his child at all he'd better get off his butt. Im so angry with him just now, we both work full time except i have to come home and clean and do the washing and all the housework and im cooking a human being but he's so hard done by!
Sometimes i wish i was a single parent it feels like i already am sometimes!

Went to my weekly OB appointment today. Heart rate was 150!!! :)

Yay! I was suppose to have mine this friday but i changed it to next monday! My mil is coming into town and i know she would love to hear that little heeartbeat too! She's excited!

Today was my 16 week 4 day appointment. Doctor said my vitals look good and baby's heart rate was 150 bpm and she said it sounded great!

Can't wait for my 20 week appointment!

Tomorrow I go in for my weekly OB/doctor visit. FX everything is okay! :)

Has anyone felt baby move yet? This is my first and the internet tells me 17 - 20 weeks is the usual. Earlier for 2nd babies as you know what to expect. I'm only 15 weeks but am sure something moved last night. Definitely not wind but I guess it could have been just my insides shifting! Felt very very light almost like a feather brushing me but inside and low down in my belly.

I havent yet and im 15 weeks but i heard uou can feel it this early. And what u described sounds like the flutter!!!! Thats awesome!!!! Yay!

Im 17 weeks and i dont think i've felt anything yet, whenever i feel anything down there im like *gasp* is it...?!?!?!? but my mum says when it is youll know it so i guess it's not, but who knows, i hope everything is ok in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->