December ivf/fet for a Christmas miracle

Sounds like u will be on a similar timeline to me! Not long till we get going!

Mmbelle and CJ - seems like we're on similar timelines.
I found out today I have a tentative FET date of December 4th. I'm happy to finally have dates, but I'm upset with the doc because I've been waiting since last Thursday for him to "work on my protocol." I think that means he was too busy to do it beforehand. Every day not on a protocol seems like a waste of time, so I was about losing it - especially since based on all of the tests/bloodwork/US I was ready to start estrogen last Thursday. The only missing piece was the doctor..ughh.
Anyway, I"ll start it this Thursday (in 2 days) so all is well in the grand scheme of things..:thumbup:

Good luck to everyone!!!

Exciting things starting to happen!

Cjohnson- good luck! Let us know how it goes

Kaylakin- we are very close on dates! That is really frustrating when you're just waiting on dr's... Story of infertility life right? :) I hope you get your schedule soon!

AFM- today is my last day if BC! Wahoo! Then I start Estrogen injections in a week!

[Mmbelle,

How long will you be doing the estrogen injections and how frequently do you do them? Every day?

I start oral estrogen pills tomorrow 3x/day. It seems that I'm on it for 3 weeks.

Transfer is set tentatively for Dec 4th...can' wait.. the fresh cycle went sooo much quicker than this!!

How many are you going to transfer? :winkwink:

QUOTE=mmbelle87;30354835]Exciting things starting to happen!

Cjohnson- good luck! Let us know how it goes

Kaylakin- we are very close on dates! That is really frustrating when you're just waiting on dr's... Story of infertility life right? :) I hope you get your schedule soon!

AFM- today is my last day if BC! Wahoo! Then I start Estrogen injections in a week![/QUOTE]

Kaylakin, I do the estrogen injections every Tuesday and Friday, and will stay on them if I am pregnant! Until about 12 weeks... The estrogen injections aren't bad, I am scared to start the PIO injections again. Last round I was so sore, could hardly walk... :( but I'll do anything for a LO! It seems like our FET's are forever away! I can't wait for December!!

Oh and I'm transferring 2 if they both survive the thaw. One is a grade b and one is a grade c. How many are you transferring kaylakin?

Oh and I'm transferring 2 if they both survive the thaw. One is a grade b and one is a grade c. How many are you transferring kaylakin?

Mmbelle,

I know - December seems soo far! The good thing is it's early December, so really we just have to get through the next few weeks and we're almost there!
Where do you inject the estrogen? Is it IM or subcutaneous?
That stinks about the PIO last time ...that's my fear about the PIO..even the nurses give me a bad vibe about it..like they feel bad I have to do it or something agh! Did it hurt each time you did it or was it cumulative after a while?
For my fresh cycle, I did crinone (progesterone gel suppository) and it was a little messy, but it wasn't that big of a deal. I had the choice between that or the PIO. This time, for the FET, my doc says he only does PIO :-(
I"m also transferring 2 embryos. Last time I did 2 excellent quality embryos and one worked. I think the rest of the embryos were all good to excellent quality..I don't know the grading..I thought I remembered them being A or AA...does that make any sense? haha
I've started estrogen (pills) today as well as baby aspirin and continuing the Lupron (but I decreased it to 5 units instead of 10). At least it's the next step...but still 2 weeks until I go for a lining check...
Hopefully we'll keep busy and it'll go quicker than we think!

Do your family/friends know you're doing IVF?

Kaylakin, the estrogen is IM. Same place as the PIO shots. The first two PIO shots aren't too bad but then it feels like a rock hard ball starts forming in each side of your bum and it's just sore. But some women do fine on it and don't feel much of anything, so hopefully you're a lucky one with that! I was on crinone and PIO during my IVF cycle. It was messy but I didn't mind it too bad.
Yeah that grading totally makes sense! Hats awesome they are such great quality! I wish mine were A's but oh well at least I have 2 little frosties! :)
I have not told ANYONE that we are doing FET. It was so hard when I miscarried last round and had to tell everyone and keep bringing up a sad thing that I really just wanted to forget. So this time it's just me and my hubby! How about you, are you telling your family/friends? I go for a lining check in 2 weeks as well on the 21st! :) I really hope everything goes smoothly so it won't have to be delayed.

Cjohnson, how are you feeling? Would love to hear an update from you! :)

Hello ladies, it has been a long week!! I had my hysteroscopy on Wednesday and it went fine, no polyps like they thought but did find a sub septum which makes my uterus a heart shape , so they did fix that!! However today I'm battling a nasty stomach bug:( I have my baseline on the 14th and a lining check the 23rd I believe! And my bday is Wednesday!

How are all you ladies doing?

Are you feeling a bit better now Cjohnson13?

mmbelle87 - We aren't telling anyone either :(

Cjohnson, I'm sorry you're sick I hope you get feeling better soon! Glad everything went well though!

Serenyx, it's hard not telling some of my close family but hopefully we can tell them happy news in a couple months :)

AFM: I have my baseline tomorrow! But I am bleeding really bad still!! Does anyone know if it's okay/normal to be bleeding for the baseline? I went off BC last Tuesday the 5th and it just got heavy today....??

That's normal, I normally still bleed for my baseline, I have mine in thursday

Kaylakin, the estrogen is IM. Same place as the PIO shots. The first two PIO shots aren't too bad but then it feels like a rock hard ball starts forming in each side of your bum and it's just sore. But some women do fine on it and don't feel much of anything, so hopefully you're a lucky one with that! I was on crinone and PIO during my IVF cycle. It was messy but I didn't mind it too bad.
Yeah that grading totally makes sense! Hats awesome they are such great quality! I wish mine were A's but oh well at least I have 2 little frosties! :)
I have not told ANYONE that we are doing FET. It was so hard when I miscarried last round and had to tell everyone and keep bringing up a sad thing that I really just wanted to forget. So this time it's just me and my hubby! How about you, are you telling your family/friends? I go for a lining check in 2 weeks as well on the 21st! :) I really hope everything goes smoothly so it won't have to be delayed.

Cjohnson, how are you feeling? Would love to hear an update from you! :)

Mmbelle,

We aren't telling anyone yet really either. The first time we did the fresh IVF cycle we told people because we'd been doing IUIs for a while with no luck and I'd had a mc in the past as well - so we told some close family when we started IVF. This time around, it'd be fun to tell them good news as more of a surprise.
I'm really sorry about your mc. It's so hard to have to untell everyone after being so excited. I had a mc after a natural bfp before going through fertility treatments. It was so tough.

Well, I guess all is going well ... just chugging along with Lupron and estrace..they also have me on baby aspirin daily at this point as well.

Hopefully time will start to go a little quicker soon!

Hello ladies, it has been a long week!! I had my hysteroscopy on Wednesday and it went fine, no polyps like they thought but did find a sub septum which makes my uterus a heart shape , so they did fix that!! However today I'm battling a nasty stomach bug:( I have my baseline on the 14th and a lining check the 23rd I believe! And my bday is Wednesday!

Hi CJ -

That's great they can fix the sub septum..I didn't realize that could be corrected so easily!

That stinks about the stomach bug..hopefully it's over and runs its course soon!

Wow, seems like we all have lining checks around the same time..seems so long from now!

How are all you ladies doing?

Are you feeling a bit better now Cjohnson13?

mmbelle87 - We aren't telling anyone either :(

Serenyx - where are you in your cycle? How are you feeling?

I'm on Lupron (decreased to 5 units) and Estrace (3x/day) as well as baby aspirin 1x/day. I'm feeling ok - I just feel tired and I don't know if that's from the meds or not. Also - sometimes there's a small headache from Lupron..but overall just waiting for the time to fly by!!

I had my SIS last Monday ( a week ago today) and am still bleeding old brown blood...is that normal?? It was sooo painful when I had it...now I'm worried they won't be able to get everything going for IVF.

As long as they said it was okay you should have no problem moving along with your ivf! An thanks ladies I am feeling much better, I'm still bleeding from my hysteriscopy but my last bc pill was Saturday so it could be the beginning of my cycle idk though I have my baseline thursday

Gdanemom4now: I bled like that too, but mine wasn't painful during the SIS. I always call if I have any questions because you're paying enough to get them answered :) when is your next appt? The nurse at my appt today acted like it was normal to be bleeding ... She didn't say anything like it was weird!

Kaylakin, glad you're doing well! And yes going through a MC is hard no matter what! Hopefully we have happy news for our family and friends soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->