December ivf/fet for a Christmas miracle

I'm kinda losing track of everyone...I used to be way better at this before I took my BnB hiatus for half a year so I apologize i'm not responding back to everyone. It seems like my mind is spinning and I can't concentrate since we committed to IVF. Is everyone kind of sitting around in a waiting game right now or where is everyone in their treatments?

I called my OB office who did the SIS and they said it could be infection or from the BCP...to err on the side of caution they wanted to give antibiotics...then I told them about my TET on Friday and they said to call the FS and see what they say about the bleeding so I'm waiting for them :( I hate hate hate waiting.

This Friday we have our semen collection for freezing, my TET and injection classes. I have 12 BCP left and will probably start Lupron around the 19th I'm getting really nervous. My emotions are just everywhere. I have told some people but not a ton. Trying to decide how I feel about a crap ton of people knowing... :/

I'm kinda losing track of everyone...I used to be way better at this before I took my BnB hiatus for half a year so I apologize i'm not responding back to everyone. It seems like my mind is spinning and I can't concentrate since we committed to IVF. Is everyone kind of sitting around in a waiting game right now or where is everyone in their treatments?

I called my OB office who did the SIS and they said it could be infection or from the BCP...to err on the side of caution they wanted to give antibiotics...then I told them about my TET on Friday and they said to call the FS and see what they say about the bleeding so I'm waiting for them :( I hate hate hate waiting.

This Friday we have our semen collection for freezing, my TET and injection classes. I have 12 BCP left and will probably start Lupron around the 19th I'm getting really nervous. My emotions are just everywhere. I have told some people but not a ton. Trying to decide how I feel about a crap ton of people knowing... :/

I also took a break from BnB too while I was not actively trying. Lots of luck to you. And as far as people knowing...I think I told too many people last time and so this time we are thinking of not telling anyone IRL.

Starting BCP today!!! CD 3. Anyone else close to me?! I'm a FET btw.

Gdanemom4now: I bled like that too, but mine wasn't painful during the SIS. I always call if I have any questions because you're paying enough to get them answered :) when is your next appt? The nurse at my appt today acted like it was normal to be bleeding ... She didn't say anything like it was weird!

Kaylakin, glad you're doing well! And yes going through a MC is hard no matter what! Hopefully we have happy news for our family and friends soon!

So it sounds like your baseline went well. What day is your FET or are you doing IVF?

Cali_kt: I am doing FET, my transfer date is Dec 5th! I start my estrogen injections today!! It's nice finally starting BC huh?! You're not too far behind me! I see your FET date is the 16th! That's my beta test day!! Big days for both of us :)

you're about a week or two ahead of me mmbelle. my egg retrieval is the 9th I believe.

cali_kt I'm on like cd 13 I think. I start lupron next Tuesday but you guys are doing fet. I'm doing ivf. any pointers?

Gdane: as hard as it is, try to not be too stressed! I bawled when I found out I only had 8 eggs. But all eight ended up fertilizing, then we had 4 blasts. So it ended up being okay! Just think positive cause I truly believe your body feeds off that energy! Do you do okay with needles? The subcutaneous injections are a breeze! IM injections kinda suck, but just keep in mind that you're doing all this for a LO! Your hormones will definitely be a little crazy with IVF but honestly it's worth it, and it's such an exciting time!! Try to enjoy every step! :) I was only preggo for 8 weeks but I LOVED every minute of it.

Can't wait for all of us ladies to be pregnant!!! :hug:

mm- It does feel good to start BC. We have been on a break since March, then I had surgery in September...so I am really ready now. Yay for Dec 16th!!!!!! Are you doing PIO injections? I start with BC, then lupron, then we add PIO and estrogen patches.

GDane- I agree with mm... try as much as you can to stay positive. Cautiously optimistic. I did acupuncture and it helped keep me calm. I really recommend it. I'm glad we get to start with subq because it gears you up for the IM. Youch! Those hurt so much! For me, I kept my calendar front and center on the fridge. I kept alarms on my phone so I never forgot.

We need a roll call page I think so we can keep track of each other! ;)

Finally got my official calendar!! Start Lupron nov 20th!!

Finally got my official calendar!! Start Lupron nov 20th!!

cali - Yay on getting a calendar! All I wanted was to know my dates..the FET is taking soo long.. Your transfer date is only 2 weeks after mine, and I started Lupron on Oct 17th. I'm still mad at my doc for taking so long.. they saw me for a suppression check on CD6 then I was good to go,but they didn't have me start progesterone for another week. I feel like I missed two weeks there ... oh well, enough ranting... gotta move forward... Only 3 weeks until my transfer if all goes well (Dec 4th)

I'm also losing track of everyone - I feel like it's harder to keep track with FET as compared to a fresh IVF cycle because the protocols are longer and sometimes they differ more than a fresh cycle..

you're about a week or two ahead of me mmbelle. my egg retrieval is the 9th I believe.

cali_kt I'm on like cd 13 I think. I start lupron next Tuesday but you guys are doing fet. I'm doing ivf. any pointers?

Gdane - I'm losing track of everyone, too (hence why I'm quoting and replying so much hah)

That's great that you're on to the next step (Lupron) next week. As far as advice, try to take it one step at a time. Try not to imagine the worst happening, because things may go well and according to plan. You'll deal with bad news/bad outcomes if/when they happen. Expect to be all over the place emotionally, and that's okay - go easy on yourself. Emotionally, the hardest part was after the transfer and waiting for the pregnancy test. Also, as far as symptom spotting, it's pretty much impossible because of all of the hormones you'll be on. I thought it didn't work but it actually did.
Best of luck and I hope the week goes quickly so you can start Lupron!:thumbup:

Serenyx, it's hard not telling some of my close family but hopefully we can tell them happy news in a couple months :)
It is hard as part of me could do with the support, but an even bigger part doesn't want to deal with telling people if it doesn't work :(

Serenyx - where are you in your cycle? How are you feeling?
I'm currently down regging with Buserelin at the moment. I have my baseline scan on Monday which is when I should be reducing the Buserelin and starting Progynova. We still have a provisional transfer date of the 9th so hopefully it will all go ok.

Since starting the Buserelin I now find I get a headache every afternoon which lasts until I sleep :( I am also getting more emotional whilst on it, however last time I was on Buserelin I experienced several of the side effects too so I was expecting it.

mmbelle87: I'm trying really hard not to be stressed. I feel like I'm going crazy. I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't wait for all this to be behind us and all of us be pregnant too!! :)

cali_kt: I have done acupuncture for like the last six months (haven't been in Nov) but I need to get back. I agree we need a roll call! With the last group I was part of, we did a thingy on the first post that the OP kept track of ;) That's crazy that you start Lupron on Nov 20th! I'm supposed to start on the 19th!

Kaylakin: Sorry you feel that way about your schedule...what takes so long during FET? we paid for a package that includes one fresh and one frozen cycle through ARC. Hope everything gets rolling for you soon. Thank you for the advice...I'm really going to have to learn to let go. I have bad control issues lol.

Sereynx: Your transfer date is about a week ahead of me. I'm sorryabout your headaches that has to suck big time. I have a feeling I'm going to be a big baby with all the side effects.

Reading all your guys' signatures, it really scares me about OHSS. How did you guys handle that? What kind of side effects did you have from Lupron? I start next week. I had my SIS on Nov 4th (11 days ago) and I'm STILL bleeding. I called the doctors and they said as long as it's spotting I'm fine. The whole experience was horrible to say the least and last night I thought the spotting was finally done then this morning I woke up to quite a bit of red blood then it went back to spotting brown/pink. I'm kind of freaking out with how much I'm cramping but every time I call, they're not worried. I have my trial embryo transfer tomorrow and freezing of sperm and injection classes. I just feel like I'm in a whirl wind of emotions and am kind of freaking out. I have told a select few random people about IVF (if they ask if we're having kids) and then some close family and friends. I'm normally very open about stuff like this (I've been very open about infertility and IUI) but with IVF it's a whole different ball game. Is anyone else on their first IVF cycle this go around? and how many embryos are you guys doing? We're doing Two. No questions asked.

I think roll call is a great idea! I will do my best to get that done! Right now I'm sitting at jury duty waiting lol I had my baseline this morning and everything went well I lower my Lupron tomorrow and start my estrace

oh sorry cjohnson.. totally missed you. glad your baseline went well and happy birthday yesterday hope it was a good one

GDane- Yay! We can go through Lupron together. Misery loves company. My OHSS was pretty severe but I was told that only 1% get the severe cases. As for Lupron side effects...I got hot flashes big time! This is my 3rd time on it. The injections are very easy...barely feel em. Although your very first injection is weird...kind of scary, but then you realize its not bad at all. The worse is the PIO IM injections. DREADING those!

Serenyx-
I didnt take buserelin, but when I was stimming (follistim) I was super emotional. Felt like I was already pregnant. Crying over happy and sad things!!! I kept DH laughing with my emotions. :rofl: He thought I was crazy. Hope your side effects get better; the 9th will be here before you know.

C- Glad your baseline went well. Boo for jury duty. Have you been excused or do you have to go back again? When is your FET date? Happy Belated Birthday!!!

STILL bleeding from this damn SIS and/or BCP. I have a long day at the FS today and then it's go time. Semen collection for freezing/trial embryo transfer (if they will do it when I'm bleeding this much) and injection classes. Be a good 3 hours or more at the doc today. How's everyone else doing?

Gdane: how exciting that things are starting to happen! I bleed for almost 2 weeks after my SIS, and my nurses thought it was normal as well. I hope everything goes smoothly!!

Cali: I am DREADING the PIO as well!! :( I hate those so much!! But I can't let myself get too worked up about them... During my IVF cycle I had an anxiety attack from the PIO injection. I just have to be strong! My hubby does them for me, and I just make him hurry and do it! Can't stand there too long. Do you do them yourself?

Cjohnson: Gkad your baseline went well!! And also a happy belated birthday from me!! My birthday is this month too!! :)

Serenyx: I agree with you! That's why we aren't telling people this time, I don't mind people knowing we are doing FET, I just don't want to have to tell them nope sorry didn't work... It just puts everyone in an awkward position!

Kaylakin: hii!! Hope you are doing well!!

Hi to anyone I might have missed!!! :)
AFM: done with 2 of my estrogen injections this past week. Bloodwork Monday morning and a lining check Thursday! :) just slowly pluggin along until Dec 5th!! :)

Hello everyone! I'm new to this site, but I've gone through 2 failed iui's and 1 failed ivf without signing in. We have just begun ivf2 and I think its time! Looking for buddies and support, estimated ER on 12/12 is the plan for now. Last IVF I hypetstimmed and I'm praying I don't again, I felt awful and prob why it didn't work. I look forward to sharing and supporting us all through all this!

Gdane- I bet it's a combo of both. I had some mild cramping and bleeding from SIS day of and after. How'd class go? Did DH's collection go okay? I remember that day for me... so much information. It's kind of an overload.

MM- Oh no...hopefully this round of PIO will be easier cause you know what to expect. My DH does them too and I get mad if I am standing there too long also! Builds up the anxiety. Sometimes they are fine and then randomly they are zingers. DH hates doing them, more than I hate getting them. I'm proud of him that he does it though, even though it makes him super uncomfortable.

Snoz- Welcome!!! :hi: Sorry to hear about your failed IUIs and IVF. That can be so hard. This is definitely a good place to come for support. Sounds like you will be transferring your embies about the same time I will be. I am a FET scheduled 12/16. Sounds like you will be transferring the 15th or the 17th depending on if you are 3 day or 5 day! So we will definitely be enduring the TWW together. Hopefully OHSS doesn't happen again. It is a horrible horrible thing to go through. Atleast this time they know how you react to the stim drugs and will be adjusting more properly as you go. When's your first baseline?

AFM- I have a baseline sono on Monday before I start Lupron on the 20th!! I'm getting excited to get things started! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->