December ivf/fet for a Christmas miracle

Hey ladies, welcome, not much going on here still just on my Lipton and started a full pill of estrace was on half a pill morning and night have my lining check in a week. So just waiting for now

hey ladies!
im going to be starting IVF in January. I'm just waiting on my lap surgery next month.
im really curious about side effects of the drugs? im going to be stimming & taking Lupron then retrieval & then estrogen/progesterone.
what's Lupron like? should I anticipate not feeling like myself for a while?

cheers!

The lupron isnt bad, mostly hot flashes. The stim meds, like follistim etc, are what i think cause more discomfort. The fun stuff like bloating, constipation, and a good case of the grumpies!! I hyperstimmed last cycle and i swear i could FEEL my ovaries jumping all over with every bump we drove over in the car or when i coughed or sneezed. It is such a glamorous ride to our BFPs.. but not only is it all worth it, but i have a good feeling about all of us this cycle :)

So has anyone been cramping with the Lupron? I am only on day 3 (tomorrow day 4) and I have been cramping and light brown spotting on it. Not sure if it is normal or not. But I did work out today. Not sure if it is ok to work out while on these meds. Anyone have any suggestions?

I haven't been cramping but I've had light brown spotting. docs said that was normal. i haven't had any side effects from lupron besides the spotting.

So has anyone been cramping with the Lupron? I am only on day 3 (tomorrow day 4) and I have been cramping and light brown spotting on it. Not sure if it is normal or not. But I did work out today. Not sure if it is ok to work out while on these meds. Anyone have any suggestions?

I didn't have cramping on Lupron but you never know what's normal or not.. As far as working out, I've been exercising no problem - I never asked the doc, but I'm assuming if the ovaries are not being stimulated and getting swollen, etc like in a fresh cycle then it should be OK...

Had my lining check today and it was 10 something. Estrogen was good too.they wanted to see it over 200. I have one more ultrasound next week and I'm still on track for Dec 4th FET. My husband was shown how to do the IM injection of PIO too..getting more real..aghh!!

Thanks for the info on Lupron!

Can you ladies share your experience getting your eggs retrieved? I'm a bit nervous...

Hi ladies, I am looking for some buddies! I did my first down reg (bureselin) yesterday, so hopefully on for mid December too! As long as I bleed before 2nd or I get delayed for Xmas! Does down regging delay your period? My clinic say not... X

Hey creasey - Just wanted to let you know that in my case my period came right on time with down-regging - no delay. But I agree with whoever said that you may bleed for longer. Mine seemed to last a long time, like at least 10 days...!

I have to say, I kind of want to stay on Lupron forever! I feel like myself for the first time since I got off birth control. My hormones are making me a grumpy emotional wreck!! I am on my 5th day of Lupron and took my last BCP today...thinking I should get af soon? Maybe?

I can't give you any advice on egg retrieval...I've never been through it...yet anyways!

Can you ladies share your experience getting your eggs retrieved? I'm a bit nervous...

Hi Barb!
The egg retrieval was fine - not a big deal at all. I'd tell you not to worry, but that probably won't stop you from worrying! I was, of course, nervous leading up to it, but it went smoothly. Actually, I probably had a bit more paint than usual because my doctor had trouble getting through the left side for some reason. I'm not sure how they do it by you, but they used propofol for sedation. I was awake the entire time, and remember a lot of what went on, but not all. I was more chatty than usual, but didn't say anything crazy or anything, haha. The propofol was great! Some people get completely knocked out, but they did a light sedation and I was out of there fairly quickly after the retrieval was over. I had a prescription for percocet and used it the first day, then switched to ibuprofen. For me, the pain wasn't anything I couldn't deal with. If I had to have another egg retrieval, I'd do it in a heartbeat because the end result is so worth it!

Soo….is anyone as nervous as me to soon start stimming? I have hear the injections are pretty tough (as in painful). Has anyone done them yet or before? Anyone done Follistim and Menopur? And what are your experiences with them!!

It wasnt terrible. Will you be under sedation? I was out like a light, best sleep in weeks lol!! Not too sore after but more uncomfortable with bloating, good time to nap and be pampered after ;-)

I am. been doing it for a while, got busy so hadn't been there in a month. had my first one for ivf last night

I was on follistim, they didn't hurt however my emotions were so crazy and I had a lot of headaches from it. But it wasn't horrible

Hi Ladies, mind if I join?

A little about me - I just had egg retrieval yesterday after my first IVF cycle but have to freeze all the embryos because my progesterone level started rising during the stim phase. Apparently this changes the uterine lining so it's not the perfect environment for implantation to occur. It really bummed me out, but I'll be able to do a FET in December!

I haven't read the whole thread yet but did see a few questions and am happy to share my experience. I stimulated with follistim and tolerated it really well. No major mood swings or anything. I didn't even start feeling bloated until day 10 of stims (I stimmed for 11 days)! I was super surprised. I have been doing acupuncture as well, I started a couple of weeks before IVF started and went once a week. I went twice durings stims and then after egg retrieval. I'm not sure how to quantify the benefits but I do think it has helped me stay relaxed. For the egg retrieval, my clinic uses conscious sedation so you are awake (able to follow commands) but I literally have zero recollection of anything that happened after they started the meds! I am still sore today but otherwise feeling pretty good.

I look forward to sharing this journey with you all :flower: I am wishing you nothing but happiness and healthy babies! :dust:

Welcome HateTheWait!! Theres so many of us doing transfers at around the same time, its so exciting!

Girl- I'm starting acupuncture up again! I love it. It is so relaxing and hopefully it helps this time!!!

Hate- Welcome!! :hi: When is your estimated FET? How are you feeling after your ER?

AFM- I am on day 4 of Lupron...can't say I missed it!!! :lol: How's everyone feeling?

I was feeling great the first 4-5 days. I'm sta rting to get irritable and ""zombified" as my husband put. I am eating complete crap and have no ambition to work out. it's making me super frustrated with myself because I just lost 30lbs and am starting to gain it back

Snozbery- Thanks for the welcome!

cali- :hi: I am still a bit sore and full since retrieval 2 days ago. Slowly but surely I am starting to feel myself again. I am surprised that I am not feeling normal yet but tbh I think I developed mild OHSS. If all goes according to plan my FET will be around 12/18. Just in time to FINALLY be pregnant in 2013! Hope the lupron is treating you ok.

GdaneMom- Most women get completely crazy on all the hormones during IVF so don't be too hard on yourself! Just take it one day at a time. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->