December Snowflakes 2015! Come join me 74 ladies, 10 angels, two sets of twins!

Meh so I have been selected for redundancy which sucks big time. But good news is, OH has been offered another job that works out only about £2k less a year than we were earning together before and also it's working from home so that's awesome ! Still I am a proud person and prefer to be earning my own money but it will be nice that both of us will be able to spend time at home with LO.

Morning folks, seems like my boobs have started to react to other people's babies crying. Oh joy.

Ah teddy's girls that's worked put in a roundabout way. At least if you wanted you could pick a part time job that fits around babies to give you some spending money :)

That's true, but OH's family are already giving me a hard time. Our families are polar opposites, his family are all about money and mine are all about spending time together and making the most of things. I think they would be happy if I had 2 weeks off after having the baby then got a job with 12 hour shifts and stuck him in nursery.

I would understand that mentality if we were hard up for money, but we're not ! When I get my SMP, after all bills are paid every months and all food shopping is done etc, we will still have over £1k left over to put into saving (plus we have about £4k in savings already). I don't see why they think it's their business !

Heres our chunky chops at 28+3. Weighing an impressive 4lb 3oz but we'll take that with a pinch of salt:haha:

Attachments

• IMG_20150922_112248.jpg
    IMG_20150922_112248.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 1
Gorgeous photo mummy! I love those little cheeks.

Glad things have worked out in a roundabout way for op you teddy! I k ow what you mean about working it's nice to have somewhere to go and earn your own money. Maybe when LO is a bit older you can find a part time job that suits you and your hubby

X

Meh so I have been selected for redundancy which sucks big time. But good news is, OH has been offered another job that works out only about £2k less a year than we were earning together before and also it's working from home so that's awesome ! Still I am a proud person and prefer to be earning my own money but it will be nice that both of us will be able to spend time at home with LO.

Sorry to hear that.

Just a hi to every one...

Been travelling around and couldn't log in for days. Hope all moms and babys are doing fine.

Glad to know teddysgirl that your husbands new job will work perfectly for your family. I can understand the need to work and be independent. I am having a break after a 14 years long career and this sucks. But a newborn will hopefully make us forget all that and we will find days and hours short for doing enough for the baby and family.

Elma, nice to know that you are doing pretty well except leg cramps. Same for me - except my back pain, everything look fantastic. I successfully changed to a new OB and life looks and lot more hopeful. Wishing to get this 8 more weeks pass very fast! Btw, we visited Cuyahoga Valley and Cleveland (further travelled to Erie and buffalo)last week end. Are you near any of these?

Cant believe we're hitting the 30 week mark! Final stretch countdown is on over my end! Eek!

Cant believe we're hitting the 30 week mark! Final stretch countdown is on over my end! Eek!

I know! How exciting :happydance: I'm 30 weeks in two days, it's going so fast! I'm beginning to feel a bit sad about the end of the pregnancy especially as this baby might be our last. It's been a rougher ride this time round but I will miss my bump and the kicks. I'm going to try and savour every moment of the next 10 weeks or so.

I know! How exciting :happydance: I'm 30 weeks in two days, it's going so fast! I'm beginning to feel a bit sad about the end of the pregnancy especially as this baby might be our last. It's been a rougher ride this time round but I will miss my bump and the kicks. I'm going to try and savour every moment of the next 10 weeks or so.

I totally agree with you there - even though we said its our last after #2 & #3 haha. Its 100% final this time around, im thinking of doing one of them belly casts as a keepsake. Maybe cover it all in baby pictures.

Ah can't believe we're talking about the final countdown! 30 weeks today too, it's crazy! :wacko: It's starting to feel a bit real that we'll have newborns in a couple of months or so! :happydance:

Hope everyone's well! :flower:

Congrats to everyone who hit 30 weeks already! I'm 29 weeks today, and I can't wait to get to 30... for some reason that number means the beginning of the end for me :)

I think it's going too quickly, the nursery hasn't even been started yet !
Hopefully OH will be working from home in the next month or so so we will have more time to decorate !

It's OH's birthday tomorrow and I told him I would bake him any cake he wanted, he want's a Tardis cake *rolls eyes* so I am currently trying to bake a Tardis cake, 2 squares down, one baking and 2 more to go !

Has anyone had any side effects from the whooping cough jab? I had it done on Wednesday and my shoulder is so sore. It feels as if I've been punched there!

I haven't had mine yet but my friend had the same thing when she had hers, she said her shoulder was sore for quite a while and she had quite bad swelling as well.

Cake sounds amazing teddy! You will have to show us a picture

X

Cakes are now all baked, just got to ice them all tomorrow and hope that the icing stays on until Sunday !

I haven't had my whooping cough vaccine, when will the Dr/midwife suggest I have it, does anyone know ? I have a midwife appointment tomorrow so might ask her then. I also want to ask about the flu vaccine, I saw a poster suggesting pregnant women get it. Are you ladies having it ?

got both at 28 weeks. tdap is recommended for anytime in your third trimester here. and flu (shot, not mist) is anytime. i definitely felt like i got punched in the arm for a couple days!:dohh: moving your arm and using it is the best way to help with the soreness, so getting it in your dominant arm might help, since you're more likely to use it.:thumbup:

Wondering whether midwife does it over here or if I will need a separate appointment with a dr/nurse, if midwife does it, I guess I'll be having it tomorrow seeing as I am 28 weeks on Sunday.

hmm, i don't know. i am being seen at a military hospital, so i just went to the immunizations clinic (walk-in clinic within the hospital) and got it (from my husband no less!:haha:) but i have seen posts from ladies saying they had to make an appointment for theirs.:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->