DH works away? Not around for fertile time? ^Team Immaculate Conception^

It is unfortunate. But it is nice to know there are people out there who can understand. I'm lucky to live in community where it is common for the men to work offshore for months at a time, but those of my friends who have their husband home all the time just cannot understand what I go through. So this group is for us all to vent, cry, laugh, and celebrate everything!

Welcome! I'll add you to the 1st post as a member!

It is unfortunate. But it is nice to know there are people out there who can understand. I'm lucky to live in community where it is common for the men to work offshore for months at a time, but those of my friends who have their husband home all the time just cannot understand what I go through. So this group is for us all to vent, cry, laugh, and celebrate everything!

Welcome! I'll add you to the 1st post as a member!

Thanks! Does your husband work in the oil & gas industry? My husband works on an oil rig (land) and has that awesome 2 weeks on 2 weeks off schedule. But, at least his schedule is set. My father in law is in the same field, but can be stuck on location for over a month at a time!

Yea, he is an offshore electrician, although they do onshore work as well. He doesn't even have a schedule. :wacko: It is sooooo frustrating. So far this year, he has been gone for 2 weeks, home for 3 days, gone for 1 week, home for 1 week, gone for 10 days, home for 3 weeks, and he just left yesterday and will probably be gone for 2 weeks. Last year he was gone the entire month of January.. :huh:

It's so aggravating. We haven't gotten to :sex: since our wedding day. That was last May. But because he was home for 3 weeks this time and because I ovulated 3 days early.. we hit the mark this time! I am so excited to just have a small chance!

I meant we haven't gotten to :sex: on my ovulation since our wedding day... :haha: THat would be a long time to not :sex: at all!!

Yea, he is an offshore electrician, although they do onshore work as well. He doesn't even have a schedule. :wacko: It is sooooo frustrating. So far this year, he has been gone for 2 weeks, home for 3 days, gone for 1 week, home for 1 week, gone for 10 days, home for 3 weeks, and he just left yesterday and will probably be gone for 2 weeks. Last year he was gone the entire month of January.. :huh:

It's so aggravating. We haven't gotten to :sex: since our wedding day. That was last May. But because he was home for 3 weeks this time and because I ovulated 3 days early.. we hit the mark this time! I am so excited to just have a small chance!

Aww! Well lots of :dust: to you!!

lol yes that would be a long time not to :sex: at all!!!!!

how is everyone doing?? i have my oh home for another weekend!!:thumbup:
i just hope it stays like this for a while, i dont mind him being away all week if i get him home at the weekends! but i think his ship will be getting deployed soon so trying not to get too used to having him around!

but acording to a phycic reading i had last week it wont be too long untill i concieve, shes made me really hopefull this month as its the anniversary of my nans death on the date im due to test!!

so when are all of your testing date? xx

Can I join in? My DH works away during the week... the one time we did manage to get it together while I was fertile (over christmas/new year), I ended up with an ectopic :( At least I conceived tho right? So we are back to the drawing board right now...

lol yes that would be a long time not to :sex: at all!!!!!

how is everyone doing?? i have my oh home for another weekend!!:thumbup:
i just hope it stays like this for a while, i dont mind him being away all week if i get him home at the weekends! but i think his ship will be getting deployed soon so trying not to get too used to having him around!

but acording to a phycic reading i had last week it wont be too long untill i concieve, shes made me really hopefull this month as its the anniversary of my nans death on the date im due to test!!

so when are all of your testing date? xx

Well, yay! That's good he is home, lots of :sex: in before he ships out! Lots of :dust: to you!

Can I join in? My DH works away during the week... the one time we did manage to get it together while I was fertile (over christmas/new year), I ended up with an ectopic :( At least I conceived tho right? So we are back to the drawing board right now...

Of course! It's good you know you can conceive. But what a terrible experience, I don't even know what it would feel like to conceive and not get to follow through with the whole pregnancy. Good luck to you! I'll add you to our first post as a member! Lots of :dust:!!

So, how is everyone doing? Any news of hubbies coming home?

so far we only have me living close enough to kidnap him and :sex: for the afternoon, before returning him by his 9 pm curfew... :( but at least we can :sex: some and eventually they will approve his off post packet. so that means the :sex: starts friday! hopefully it will work out that we will have the next 8 months to :sex: on the regular except for a few weekend trainings and some other times away for me, so we have been really blessed! hopefully when we start the fertility treatments it will fall right into place and we will get pregnant fast!

Hi ladies ,

I am ALIVE !! I have been doing my shifts the last 4 days but I'm back to the forum for 4 days off. I hope everyone has been well and I've missed so much.

Cajunbabe I do find that some horses have a hard time keeping weight on in the winter, especially if they are older. Is he on a senior feed diet right now since he is older? I would also suggest some beet pulp just make sure it is always fully soaked :) Hope this helps, the winters can be so hard on them specially at an older age!

I also have AMAZING news my last period was Febuary 9th and I just started my period today well yesterday ( err I just got off a night shift I'm all screwed up haha ) Making that a 32 day cycle !!!! My last cycle was 56 days. I started taking vitex exactly 22 days ago.Even a "normal" cycle for me is 36 days, I am so excited for my next cycle if that's possible to be excited for your period !

I LOVE MY VITEX <33

:wohoo::wohoo: For both of you!

I am so glad, such great news!

Hi girls, may I join you? My DH works shifts too. Sometimes he's away for 4 days and back for 3 and other times he works for 8 and is back for 6. It can be really frustrating for TTC. This is our 3rd month TTC#2 and I'm in the 2WW right now. I'm still nursing our son (he's 13 months old) so that makes for irregular cycles, and I never know exactly when I'm due to ovulate. It's kind of a guessing game. We have :sex: when we can so are crossing our fingers that it'll happen soon!!

Irregular cycles are frusterating !!

:howdy: Welcome! I'll add you to our crew! We all feel your pain!

Ugh, I'm feeling so pessimistic today! :nope: I got out the calendar and marked off the days hubby would be home, then marked my cycle (based on 28 days) as well as my ovulation date (if it were to stay the same). That didn't make me feel any better. From now until September (I stopped at this point) hubby leaves for work on CD4-5, ovulation is usually CD12 and he gets home on CD18-19. :growlmad::growlmad:

Ugh, I'm feeling so pessimistic today! :nope: I got out the calendar and marked off the days hubby would be home, then marked my cycle (based on 28 days) as well as my ovulation date (if it were to stay the same). That didn't make me feel any better. From now until September (I stopped at this point) hubby leaves for work on CD4-5, ovulation is usually CD12 and he gets home on CD18-19. :growlmad::growlmad:

That sucks! You know there are ways to change your cycle.. you may look into the natural remedies ladies use on here to lengthen a lutual phase or induce ovulation. You may be able to alter so that your ovulation and hubby being home will coincide?

Thats the exact same as me!! and until September too cos we dont know if his shifts will change lol whats your hubby do? im not really ttc im more wtt but if it happens heyho lol xxx

That sucks! You know there are ways to change your cycle.. you may look into the natural remedies ladies use on here to lengthen a lutual phase or induce ovulation. You may be able to alter so that your ovulation and hubby being home will coincide?

I've spent literally hours looking around the web for ideas for that exactly. Wouldn't I want to put off ovulation or shorten my lutual phase?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->