DH works away? Not around for fertile time? ^Team Immaculate Conception^

Thats the exact same as me!! and until September too cos we dont know if his shifts will change lol whats your hubby do? im not really ttc im more wtt but if it happens heyho lol xxx

lol :) He works on an oil rig. His schedule is 2 weeks on (out of town, away from home) and 2 weeks off, indefinitely. His schedule won't change. :sulk:

We've contemplated him leaving me some goods before he leaves, but since it's mid-period I don't know if it would work. I've read that you can get pregnant towards the end of your period if you ovulate shortly thereafter, since the sperm can live in there for days. But with the timing of him leaving and my ovulation, not sure that would work.

We've also considered seeing if he could get away to overnight me some in one of those kits you can buy online, but it's not real likely the sperm would still be alive once it got to me.

:dohh::dohh:

That sucks! You know there are ways to change your cycle.. you may look into the natural remedies ladies use on here to lengthen a lutual phase or induce ovulation. You may be able to alter so that your ovulation and hubby being home will coincide?

I've spent literally hours looking around the web for ideas for that exactly. Wouldn't I want to put off ovulation or shorten my lutual phase?

I don't think it would matter how you changed the cycle. Once you have done it, theoretically, the next cycle would go back to your normal cycle and then you wouldn't need the remedy anymore. Do you understand what I am saying? I'm not sure I am explaining very well.

What I mean is that you just take your next cycle - use some remedy to push back your cycle 9 days or make it 9 days shorter. Or however longer it needs to be moved. Then the next cycle you stop taking the remedy and you should have a normal cycle but on the new schedule and hubby would be home for ovulation every month! Of course, this assumes you have the same cycle every month.

lol my dh works on the rigs too! its a pain in the bum!!! he usedto be 2/3 week shifts but now his 2/2 week shifts are a pain!! my cycle is always 28 days so we cant get around it either!! argh!! xxx

lol my dh works on the rigs too! its a pain in the bum!!! he usedto be 2/3 week shifts but now his 2/2 week shifts are a pain!! my cycle is always 28 days so we cant get around it either!! argh!! xxx

So freaking frustrating.

I don't think it would matter how you changed the cycle. Once you have done it, theoretically, the next cycle would go back to your normal cycle and then you wouldn't need the remedy anymore. Do you understand what I am saying? I'm not sure I am explaining very well.

What I mean is that you just take your next cycle - use some remedy to push back your cycle 9 days or make it 9 days shorter. Or however longer it needs to be moved. Then the next cycle you stop taking the remedy and you should have a normal cycle but on the new schedule and hubby would be home for ovulation every month! Of course, this assumes you have the same cycle every month.

I understand!

your husbands work on the oil rigs? Out west ?

My hubby works in the Gulf of Mexico.

Mummy_Moose - I hope that it can work for you! Let us know!! :thumbup:

Oh nice. My fiance has been gone since october out west working on the rigs ... it's been a very long time :(

That sucks, court! You have to be a very strong girl to handle that! My hubby has never been gone for more than 3 months.

It is very hard, only about 3 weeks to go till he is home :)

it was 3 months for me the last time, then about a month after that weekend, and then we were separate but living in the same city so only getting to be together on post and never alone, maybe once in a blue moon we would sneak off and :sex: in the car! :haha: now it has been about a month and a half...it will be a year for our next separation, and we arent sure when that will be but either afganistan or iraq. wewill get a 2 week R and R sometime in that year, but other than that phone and letters and skype only :( its going to be really really hard. we will get through it no matter what though.

So I am giving Parsley tea a try. Not necessarily thinking it will work, but it won't hurt to try- it's supposed to be healthy for you either way. :winkwink: I had a cup about 30 minutes ago, and to be honest my stomach hurts and I'm feeling a little nauseous. But I have a sensitive stomach, so that's probably my bad. :dohh:

The things we women do. :haha::blush:

it was 3 months for me the last time, then about a month after that weekend, and then we were separate but living in the same city so only getting to be together on post and never alone, maybe once in a blue moon we would sneak off and :sex: in the car! :haha: now it has been about a month and a half...it will be a year for our next separation, and we arent sure when that will be but either afganistan or iraq. wewill get a 2 week R and R sometime in that year, but other than that phone and letters and skype only :( its going to be really really hard. we will get through it no matter what though.

Kudos to all of you military wives. I don't think I have the strength that you all do. :thumbup:

i dont think i could be paid to drink parsley tea...parsley belongs chopped freshly on pasta and thats it! no where else! :sick:

i dont think i could be paid to drink parsley tea...parsley belongs chopped freshly on pasta and thats it! no where else! :sick:

It wasn't bad! Of course while it steeped I added a teabag of green tea, and then once I strained it I added a tablespoon of sugar. :happydance: I couldn't tolerate any more than my one cup though. After that, yuck.

what are the benifits of it again?

https://www.naturalhealthtechniques.com/diet_nutrition/ParsleyBenefits.htm

https://www.sisterzeus.com/Parsley.htm

The second link is when I originally thought to try it. Then I kept reading and moved on to another herb, which reviews show people have successfully used to self-abort. Which completely shocked me. :nope:

oh okay makes sense. you could also try angus castus. worked for me to bring my periods back and get them regular :flower:

oh okay makes sense. you could also try angus castus. worked for me to bring my periods back and get them regular :flower:

Where would I find that?! I'm willing to try almost anything. My periods are normal, just testing to see if I can shorten my cycle length somehow. :shrug:

any healthfood store will carry it. its cheap too, like 4 bucks for 3 cycles worth :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->