Does Anyone Else Not Test Early? JOIN US (12 BFP So Far!)

Thanks ladies. I've decided to wait until Friday to do another test in the hope that the line is more definite. I was really excited when I got the line but now I'm struggling to believe its real as I just feel like me with no symptoms whatsoever.

Fx'd for you all. Hang in there lotus, we're all here for you to get you through the 2ww :dust:

wow Andrea, well done you! That's some serious willpower right there! I'm convinced you are, lines don't appear for fun, and to me that one was fairly obvious :hugs:

Andrea, I felt just like me for the first ten weeks, last two weeks I feel just like me but a bit bloatier and it's suunk into my brain a Bit more. But bizarrely the first trimester just seems to be like feeling a bit ill...! Good luck! :-D

Totally with JustMe, I feel pretty normal except for a bit sick and very tired! Oh, and the sore bbs. Think I'm going bra shopping this weekend!

hello ladies, i'm joining! andrea214 you give me hope as i've been spotting constantly for the past two weeks and now af is due any day now. i've convinced myself i'm out for the month bc whoever heard of all that spotting? still it's IMPOSSIBLE to stop hoping a little bit until you see af, isn't it? i've been through so many ups and downs with the hpts, drive myself crazy every month. this group is just what i need!

Welcome TryTry!!!! How long have you been TTC? Wishing you lots of luck!!!

thanks plastik! this is the 5th month already trying for #2. i went through all the ups and downs the first time and hoped i'd be more laid back this time. but it seems it doesn't get much easier. i'm just as obsessive this time around! :wacko: now i'm in the part of the month where i just want af to show up for sure or of course the bfp, but trying to keep my hopes down. this spotting really is crazy.

also, i am B-L-O-A-T-E-D, like there's a beach ball inside my stomach. which is another discouraging sign, in my book. i usually try to spot the LACK of symptoms, since that's all i remember about my first pregnancy ... that i felt so completely normal even though my period was due, none of the usual pms moods, cramps, aches, etc. i really think this isn't my month.

I just wanted to throw out there that with both my pregnancies I had little to no symptoms the entire time. Sore boobs here and there was really the only symptom I ever had and even that was minimal. I actually felt better being pregnant then not. I didnt even start showing with either until 6 months along! So lack of symptoms doesnt always mean youre not.

You know.. I should have said all this to myself the 7 cycles that I drove myself crazy symptom spotting! :dohh: Boy would I love to be pregnant again though...

Good luck trytry! Easier said than done to not drive yourself crazy!

As much as I want to just go for it an try again right now.. I know its for the best and october is right around the corner and its also been quite nice to have the mental and emotional break from it all. Im hoping to be a little less crazy come october! :wacko:

Andrea hun - a line is a line...u preggas hun! sTICKY VIBES YOUR WAY!:happydance::happydance:

welcome trytry - hope you get your BFP really soon :hugs:

Plastik - wow time flies, you are on your 8th week already :happydance::happydance: when are you going to start a journal?:hugs:

how is everyone doing?

well girls, that's it. all that spotting turned into af for sure today, heavy and red. i'm disappointed but also relieved, cheering myself up by thinking that now i can jog, drink coffee and wine and do whatever else i please for another month without worrying about the baby.

thanks for the support here. hoping the rest of you get your bfps.

andrea, i am CERTAIN you are pregnant; that test was clear as a bell. and as other ladies have said, i also experienced zero symptoms until about a month into my pregnancy. imo no symptoms is a very good sign!

Sorry the :witch: got you this month, but like you say, you can have a nice glass over wine or two over the bank holiday weekend (if you are in the uk)

We have our annual Mexican party in our close, this weekend so I'm nervous about how I'm going to disguise not drinking as its usually a booze-fest with tequila flowing like water :-/ I might have to take some non-alcoholic beer with me to throw people off the scent. That's the only thing I can think of, my neighbours would be round here like a shot if I said I was poorly so couldn't go. Any diversion tactics would be very welcome.

I went straight to the loo as I got up this morning to force me into not POAS until tomorrow!

Is it still ok to ride a bike? Silly question I know but one I've not had to think about before!

hi andrea! with the pregnancy stuff, you're going to start asking questions and realizing no two answers are the same. everybody has their own opinions and some people tend to be very outspoken about them. you have to find your own comfort level in your pregnancy.

in my opinion, it is ok to ride a bike early in the pregnancy (before your shifting body shape starts to throw off your balance) as long as you are a skilled and confident rider, and as long as you are not taking risky, high-traffic routes AND as long as you understand that you are taking a risk as a fall from the bike could be devastating to the pregnancy. some people would say you can ride all the way through; others would say you shouldn't ride at all. ultimately you have to decide for yourself. ultimately no pregnancy is 100% risk-free; you just have to find your way. it's usually not rational. like some women may still eat sushi and drink the occasional glass of wine but won't touch coffee, etc.

the alcohol thing is a big nuisance, especially if you are normally a social drinker. people do notice, although a party is easier to manage than, say, a sit-down dinner where everybody's wine glass is getting filled or everybody is ordering cocktails. my approach was just not to engage. if people are tactless enough to comment on your drinking, just ignore them. don't take the bait. i found the people most apt to do this were usually either men (no clue) or younger/single women who wanted to give me a nudge and a wink, like, i'm onto you! most other women have the tact not to say anything. i was surprised.

feel free to ask me anything else. i remember i had so many questions at first about what i could or couldn't do.

good luck! can't wait to hear about your results tomorrow . picture, please!

Yep, if pregnant, it is not even poppy seed sized yet, so as long as you're doing generic cycling, I can't see why not?

If your body is used to cycling, there's no reason to stop now. Just don't fall off the bike. Mind you, having said that, I had quite a hard fall off of my horse at what I now know was nearly 4 weeks pg, and everything is just dandy! My doc says if the baby is healthy there is very little that you can do that will cause a problem. On the other hand, if it isn't healthy, there's just about nothing you can do to save it. Holding thumbs for you and looking forward to the test tomorrow morning!!! :thumbup:

Morning all. I did a test this morning and the line was even fainter than three days ago and didn't shown until 10/12 minutes after I'd done it and it says to ignore it after 15. I looked again at 20/22 (rather stared at if for that time) and it hadn't changed at all. I'm so confused, I've had no period, all spotting has stopped and no symptoms. It does say on the blurb that comes int he test box that if you are more than 7 days late for AF and still get a negative test to see the GP. I think I'll give them a call later and see if they can do me a blood test.

DH said, why isn't it easy? You'd have thought that the line would get darker. He said maybe I should do the digi test tomorrow I just did a regular test this morning (an ASDA own one). It does say that you can use it to test 4 days before period is due so I thought it would be a sensitive one.

I think the cheap one I did on Tuesday was faulty. Just my bloody luck! DH has been really supportive, he gave me a BIG hug this morning and asked me if i was ok. I a, ok because I've suspected all along since about 12 dpo that I'm not "in the family way". I'd just like some answers.

I was reading about using an opk as an hpt but you would need to have a strong positive hpt before an opk would give you a positive pregnancy reading so that would just be a waste of time.

Ho hum, must go shower before I make myself late for work. TTFN

Oh dear Andrea :hugs: Don't know what to say, wish it could just be a big blatant yesr or no. If it's any consolation, the :bfp: I got when I was two days late was there, but pretty faint, and when I took one two days later I expected it to be as dark as the control line, if not darker, but it was barely darker that the first time I tested.

Hope you get your answers soon hun, even if it's just so you can get on with trying! :friends:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->