Ivf @ st Mary's December onwards st marys info and phone# on 1st page

Its going to be a 5 day transfer.. we still have 9 embryos - 2x 5 cell 2x8 cell and 5x 9 cell - all 9 are being taken through to blasto. Transfer tomorrow afternoon xx

Hi all, I am finally back on track after our smoking mess up. Forms now signed and were ready to request.xx

Anyone starting Icsi or ivf this week at st Mary's? I'm due in tomorrow for day 3 bloods all being well we start injections tomorrow for short protocol Icsi I'm so nervous but excited at the same time this will be our first Icsi after 9 months of failed clomid And 5years ttc any buddy's or story's will be welcomed feeling a little lonely ad I don't no anyone who's had Icsi or ivf before x

Hi Bev, I started my first ICSI this month, Im 2 days post transfer now and on my 2ww. I have to say its all gone so quickly since having my 3 day bloods that my brain hasn't even had chance to catch up yet. Any questions you have please feel free to ask and i'll try my best to answer :) xxx

Hi cat thanks for the reply,iv just got home from st marys had blood an scan,scan showed 16 follicles 6 in left ovary 10 in right :) happy with that. I'm waiting on the call to see if bloods were ok and if I can start my meds tonight :) it is all going so fast from the "yes you've been accepted" to now iv not had time to think but that's a good thing as I over think everything.what are they looking for in day 3 blood work do you know? I'm praying we get the go ahead although I'm scared of needles I'm excited to reach you point,good luck with your 2ww I'll have everything crossed for you x

Aww thanks! I'm sure everything will be fine! What meds are you on? I was on Menopur, Cetrotide and a tablet as well - metformin. Don't worry about the injections! I nearly freaked out just with the thought of it but really, you don't feel it at all. I thought at the start id get my OH to do them for me but was so much easier to do it myself. i didn't even think about it after a day or two, i tried to keep focused on why we were going through all this and it really helped. Let us know what the outcome is this afternoon - fingers crossed for you :hugs: xx

I'm on exactly same meds cat metformin 1000mg dsily an menopur 150 :) did they make you have any side effects? I'v got no choice but to do my own dh is away with work until friday so I'm going to close my eyes and jab for the best haha.I was worried when others on my teach were on 450 menopur an no metformin but I'm glad somebody else is on same meds as me I'm excited to hear how you get on hope these 2weeks go quickly for you.How did you find collection and them going back? They have said they want to get us to a 5day blasto x

I was on 450 menopur but was reduced to 375 on day 3 as i was showing signs of OHSS. The tablets gave me horrific diarrhea for the first 3 days but apparently this is normal and does stop after a few days so if you get the same don't be alarmed! I also got very bloated by the 7th day of the injections and had 49 follicles so they booked me in for egg retrieval on day 9. I triggered with pregnyl on day 8. The EC itself for me was OK. I was given a general anesthetic which was great as i didn't remember a thing and they retrieved 26 eggs and 21 of them were mature. Because of my response to the drugs my ovaries were seriously over stimulated and the size of a large plum compared to the cherry stone size they should have been. However, as soon as i came round i was dosed up with painkillers and floated through the day. The following day i was really sore but it passed. Don't worry about it as you wont remember or feel a thing from EC and any soreness afterwards can be dealt with by pain killers. On the other hand Egg transfer was a breeze and you even get a scan picture of the embryos after they've been put back in - its a real boost after the whirlwind of a couple of weeks stimming and EC is! Just take it all day by day and think of each bit as an experience :hugs: xxx

Wow that's a good amount of eggs if you don't mind me asking how many follicles did you have on day 3? I'm so excited now,that's amazing anout the scan pic I think that's a real boost to get over the last 2weeks and if your feeling stressed or anything can look at it and realise nothings worth the worry until you know if the little been has settled in for 9months :) good luck x

On day 3 i had 21 follicles - 10 on my left ovary and 13 on my right. On day 6 i was gutted because only 5 were looking like they were the right side but on day 8 - my trigger day there were 8 that were the right size and 38 much smaller ones. I was only expecting to get 8-10 eggs but another 18 follicles caught up in the last 36 hours!! We were amazed when we were told they had recovered 26 eggs!! If its not too personal can I ask why your having ICSi? I've got polycystic ovaries, PCOS and 2 blocked tubes. I'm just happy to get to this stage and know that we can produce viable embryos :) xxx

That's fantastic I hope I'm as lucky,When we started ttc I had a cyct on my ovary and doctors at wythenshawe said I had polycystic ovaries they said dh was fine so we had 9months of clomid 6 were 50mg 3 100mg all failed,then we were refered to st marys had bloods,smear,seman test ect and were told I had no polycystic ovaries and cyst had gone however smear showed pre cancer cells which may well have been made worse by the clomid as the prev hosp failed to gain smear results with the hormones in clomid it had possibly made the cells change more rapid so after an op to take the cells away and a re test I got the all clear to start ivf only by now dh had also had a new semen test (results exactly same as previous one) and st marys said he has low morph which wasn't picked up at other hospital so they decided icsi was best for us.I have a daughter from a previous relationship she's 7 nearly 8 so I'm very lucky I would love a big family and I know she's a bit lonely and wants siblings x

We got the go ahead. So happy had first injection at 4pm and it wasn't so bad. :happydance: back in friday for bloods.finally its all started :) :)

So I went to st marys today for a scan and I have 21 follicles :) we are in on monday for egg collection so excited,Hope your ok cat x

Thats great! Ill be thinking about you, so sorry for the late reply but ive had an up and down week or so... i did something stupid and tested at 11dp5dt which was a BFN but still no AF (today is 13dp5dt) and testing day isnt until next thursday. Saying that, i think if it was a BFP it would have shown up at 11days so im really down about it all now. Fingers crossed for you on monday xxx

There's still time for a BFP cat I'll keep my fingers crossed for you,iv done my trigger so my fait is in the doctors hands now nervous and excited hope my tww goes fast I'm so impatient.praying that faint line gets darker for you x

Im sure it will all go well! What time did you trigger? Its nice to have a days break from injections so try to chill out the best you can today. 21 follicles is great! :happydance: I'll have my fingers crossed for you all day! xx

Thanks cat,I triggered at 9.30pm I'm due in the clinic at 7.30am tomorrow :) its the sedation I'm not looking forward to I hate being in a daze but all worth it I hope,how are you feeling today x

Im ok thanks, had a good nights sleep so that helped. Still no af.! I triggered at 930 and was the first in so im guessing it'll be the same for you, i got there at 730 am - had my obs done, got changed, down to the theatre for 820am and next thing i knew i came round in recovery at 920am. Had 3 slices of toast, half a jug of water and was out of there by 11am. Don't worry about it at all. I had never been sedated or had an anesthetic and it was fine. They pump anti sickness drugs through you as well so apart from being a little drowsy i felt great! I was in pain a little but they gave me 2 co-codamols & 2 tramadols (all at once) as soon as i came round and that did the trick. It'll be fine. Let me know how you get on :) xx

Thanks for the info cat I hope mine goes as quickly and I'm home soon hubbys took the day off to look after me so I shall milk it haha,hope your feeling ok x

Hi cat you were right I was first in :) had 19 eggs really happy with that number I'm home now slight pain but still drowsy from sedation been really sick though,hopefully egg transfer is saturday if we get a 5day blasto if not then thursday,how are you feeling today?x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->