January 2020 Garnets!!!

Got a letter today for my first scan (UK) booked for 2nd July it seems like such a long way away everyday feels like forever lol

I have my first scan (private) at the fertility clinic in 3 weeks. They did tell me it's time to register with my GP though for antenatal care and I'm dreading it - I don't even know why. I felt completely uncomfortable when the woman at the clinic congratulated me.

I guess it doesn't feel real yet, so telling people about it feels weird.

So, I've only ever given birth in a hospital setting (half with midwives, the other half with doctors). My twins were a c-section, and my daughter was a VBAC. I'm contemplating on doing a home birth this time, so I have an appointment with the midwife for tomorrow. We live an hour away from any hospital, which is concerning. Then again, I'd likely not make it to a hospital as I have had a 3.5 hour labor! Only 2 hours did I know I was in labor though. By the time we got a babysitter over... yeah, I might as well have the baby at home, lol!

Also, first scan with the hospital (in case I choose to do that route) is June 10th when I'm 7+6 weeks! Hopefully we'll be able to tell how many babies are in there, lol :)

I'm in the UK too and I don't even have a scan date yet. Have my booking in next Friday, I'll be 8 weeks. Maybe they will tell me then. I expect it will be in mid June, they like to do the nucal measurements and they can't do that past 13 weeks.

I won't feel like it's real til ive had a good scan at 12 weeks I think.

Nausea has been crappy today, it seems to be worse in the evenings, anyone else get that?

Spotting has stopped again if anyone wondered...

I'm in the UK too and I don't even have a scan date yet. Have my booking in next Friday, I'll be 8 weeks. Maybe they will tell me then. I expect it will be in mid June, they like to do the nucal measurements and they can't do that past 13 weeks.

I won't feel like it's real til ive had a good scan at 12 weeks I think.

Nausea has been crappy today, it seems to be worse in the evenings, anyone else get that?

Spotting has stopped again if anyone wondered...
Did you see a Dr when you found out or do you book to see a midwife? I confirmed my pregnancy with a Dr who then filled out all the paper work and sends it off... The hospital sends me the scan appointment because my first midwife appointment won't be until around 12 weeks.....

I feel really sick in the evenings also

Did you see a Dr when you found out or do you book to see a midwife? I confirmed my pregnancy with a Dr who then filled out all the paper work and sends it off... The hospital sends me the scan appointment because my first midwife appointment won't be until around 12 weeks.....

I feel really sick in the evenings also

Where I live we book online with a midwife and they sort everything out. I can never get on the phone to my GP so I was glad to have that option! In my first pregnancy I rang the GP and they didn't want to see me, they made me wait till the 8 week booking in appointment and then the midwives had taken over everything.

Yay Jewls!

I got my first betas today. I'm 9DPT or somewhere around 13DPO and my levels were at 62.97. To be honest I was surprised they were still under 100 but my nurse said that anything over 50 at this point is good. Anyone else have betas done? What were your numbers?

As for a scan, my clinic gives me one at 7 weeks and then they "graduate" me to an ob/gyn.

I'm contemplating on doing a home birth this time, so I have an appointment with the midwife for tomorrow. :)

Homebirths sound amazing. I'm high-risk (GD, I'll be 43 next month, etc) so I don't have that option. I hope you get the birth you want!

I always wanted a birthing center birth but due to my uterus, I can't. There is an excellent hospital near me that just opened a birthing center in the hospital so I'm going to ask about delivering there if my doctor will allow it. At least I'll get to have the experience I want but still technically be in a hospital that also has the best NICU in the state.

Also, I apparently got my due date wrong. I'm actually due on Jan 21st.

Woo! Now I have a due date buddy :) Though, babies come when they want, lol! We could give birth a month apart theoretically if one of us goes two weeks early, and the other two weeks late.

I had some pretty bad cramps last night with some spotting. The cramps felt like active labor (waves of contractions that would come every few minutes) - enough I had to breathe through them, and it caused me to sweat. No idea what that was about, but all seems good today, and my OB/GYN told me to just monitor things.

Met with the home birth midwife today, and as long as my tests don't show anything abnormal, she's ready to take me on as a client - providing I give birth in the city at an Airbnb or at her office, as we live an hour away from a hospital (since I'm a VBAC). She also wanted to know sooner than later if I was having a twin pregnancy, so I'm going in next week (May 22) for a private scan. I'll then go for the one already scheduled with my hospital on June 10.

On another note, went to my normal care provider because my urine was brown. It's always been dark (I don't drink nearly enough as I should), but I've never had brown urine. My bilirubin levels are moderately high, and since I had my gallbladder removed, she's concerned it could be something with my liver. I'll be going back next week for further testing, though I'm sure all is fine and that I'm just needing to drink more!

I left the house today, went for a hike in another county.

I didn't suck my tummy in.

I got *those smiles* from strangers all damn day. That's how bloated I am. It's not so bad first thing in the morning, but by the afternoon it's appalling.

I left the house today, went for a hike in another county.

I didn't suck my tummy in.

I got *those smiles* from strangers all damn day. That's how bloated I am. It's not so bad first thing in the morning, but by the afternoon it's appalling.
I am soooo bloated didn't have his with my others it's really hard to hide it too. X

I got my 3+ today and so I now officially have a tracker :)

2.5 weeks until the scan!

That thread about buying stuff is making me all excited. Must. Stay. Away.

What thread about buying stuff JD? I LOVE finding cool baby stuff lol.

MommyPrice I hope everything is okay!!!!

Afm - I had some very light spotting yesterday as well. I've been on my feet a lot the past two days as I threw and hosted a baby sprinkle for a friend. I was wiped out and my back was really hurting by the end of both days. I'm hoping the spotting was just from overdoing it. It has since gone away but I can't help but be concerned because with my MC I spotted lightly which stopped and two days later miscarried. I really hope I didn't overdo it so much that I caused another MC. Ladies who have had babies, please reassure me that one wipe with a little light pink blood is no big deal!!!!

Either way I'm keeping my feet up all day.

I can't remember when it was, but I do recall crying hysterically in the toilets at work because of blood and calling the early pregnancy unit and they could not have been more bored by my predicament. :D

That was almost 6 years ago now, and the baby made it just fine.

Is anyone always hungry? Like really hungry to the point of belly grumbles... I've not long had dinner and now I'm starving it makes me feel sick x

Oh yes! Nauseated unless actively eating.

Mine has faded a bit - I have started on my B6 (50mg) & Ginger (1000mg) supplements instead of waiting for the nausea to be terrible first. But still, bloody starving.

Oh yes! Nauseated unless actively eating.

Mine has faded a bit - I have started on my B6 (50mg) & Ginger (1000mg) supplements instead of waiting for the nausea to be terrible first. But still, bloody starving.
It's driving me mad I really wanted to try and be good this pregnancy (my last pregnancies had me craving carbs lol) I'm just so hungry you can hear my stomach across the room lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->