January 2020 Garnets!!!

Thinking of you today cofostermom.

OnErth when I had my scan the baby was so low it really surprised me - especially as my bump is higher. She had it angled down too - if it had been any lower it would have been internal lol! This is why I won’t use a Doppler as I think they can freak people out if you can’t find it.

Fitmama hope your scan goes well Wednesday!

Literati I am really struggling with work - I’ve actually taken a couple afternoons as leave as I just cannot make it through! My boss is amazing though so I’m really lucky there.

Hope everyone else is doing ok? Xx

Been lurking and thinking of you cofostermom. Will be thinking of you today x

OnErth, I don’t think it’s weird at all that you’re keeping certain details from people. One of my sisters never discloses the actual due date of any of her pregnancies, she just keeps it to maybe late Jan or early Feb, etc. She doesn’t want people bugging her if she passes her due date, and enjoys the added peace. Also - I had a pretty bad experience this time around when I shared my news with my mother. So now, even though I’m finding out gender around 12 weeks, she won’t be finding out until 20, like everyone else. :)

As far as exhaustion - I had it really bad earlier on, but luckily for me it’s not been too bad the past week or two. DH is pretty good about letting me nap on the weekend, and i try to make sure to get a good 7.5 hours sleep each night, and that seems to help. Also - I avoid lunches with a lot of heavy carbs (looking at you, pasta!) as that almost always makes me feel like I need a nap around 2PM. :)

Thinking of you today Cofostermom. Everything crossed.

Baby is measuring ahead so my due date has changed to the 2nd of Jan - eek! I can't wait to find out whether it's a little boy or girl.

Co_fostermom -keeping my fingers crossed for you and your little bean today.
The exhaustion is over the charts with this baby. I don't know,maybe because I am older than with my previous 2, maybe because of the heath of the summer (my boys are born in October and April so I never had 1st trimester in summer)... I could sleep all day long. No energy, no desire to do anything.

Co foster - also thinking of you today. Glad that you both have the day off to be together.

Pukite - sorry the fatigue is hitting you so much worse this time! I totally feel you on the lack of desire to do anything. It’s rough. I hope your fatigue lets up soon!

Fit mama - sorry you’re struggling with work as well! Yes, I am so looking forward to feeling more like myself again. Sometimes the moods can be almost as difficult to deal with as the other symptoms.

Mother of pugs - cool about the new due date. Maybe you’ll have a new year’s baby!

Becca - that’s great that the fatigue isn’t hitting you too hard right now and that you’re able to nap on the weekends to help!

Red head - I’m glad your boss is so great! I took an afternoon of vacation hoping to rest without anyone getting any suspicions with a sick day, but I ended up having so many appointments and errands that it wasn’t restful at all. Thankfully, this weekend is a long weekend for me (Canada Day), so I’m hoping to get some extra rest then.

Hmm, I look there because that's where he had the scan probe. I get my heartbeat and swooshing

That’s fab news JD congratulations :)

Literati enjoy your long weekend! I hate ‘wasting’ the weekends just resting but I think at the moment it has to be done!

Red head - yes, I hear you on not liking to waste the weekends, especially in the summer! But it’s definitely necessary right now.

JD - congrats on the great scan! That’s wonderful news!

I was exhausted yesterday. I took 3 naps. I told DH, I have no idea how I did this before, chasing toddlers and being tired.

Foster, your siggy says you're having a d&c Thursday? :-( im so sorry you didnt get good news.

If I'm totally reading that wrong, I'm sorry to jump to conclusions

Hi all and thank you so much for your support, thoughts and prayers. It has meant so much to me this week and helped me process.

The scan didn't give us the result we were hoping for. There's been no progress and still no heartbeat. I'll be going in for a d&c on Thursday and I'm glad I'll have a few days to recover before having to return to work. I'm not sure what to expect from the d&c but I do know it'll be better than waiting for it to start on its own and perhaps at a place other than home. Also, seeing as it's been four weeks and there's been no hint of my body letting go, I'm glad doctors will be taking care of it because that seems like a long time.

Anyway, I will probably move over to NTNP for a while. After three losses in less than a year, I think it's time to take a break from TTCing.

I wish all of you the very best pregnancies and births, and I'd still like to figure out if I can make someone else an admin of this thread so one of you can have more control over it in the coming months. I'll probably stick around for a little bit, but not too long.

I'm so sorry @co_fostermom

I'm very happy to copy/paste the first post into a new thread. We can always link back to this one - at the end of the day it's no big hassle. That would make me the admin and would mean you don't have to think about us a moment longer.

You should be entirely thinking about yourself at this time.

Co - I am so very sorry for the loss of your precious little girl. I was really hoping for some good news for you today.

You must be devastated of course and I hope you can find some peace at such a sad time.

You are such a positive person with such a fantastic outlook to life that it seems extra cruel in some way.

I can't give you any advice regarding a d+c as I had my mmc pass naturally but it took 8 weeks for my body to realise and like you said, I wasn't at home and it was a horrific experience so a d+c would be my choice too. At least you have some control over when it will happen and can plan around it and have hubby there to support you.

I see JD has opened up a new group so you can focus on yourself. I know it would be very hard for you to stick around and I wouldnt ask that. But maybe pop back and just let us know how your getting on in a few months.

Hopefully you will get the rainbow baby that you so longingly wish for in the not to distant future. I will light a candle for your precious little one tonight and I wish you all the luck In the world going forward. Xx

I’m so sorry. I agree with everything Sophie said so beautifully. You really don’t deserve it (not that anyone does) and I really hope to see you get your rainbow in future. Wishing you so much luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->