***January 2020 Testing Thread***

Well you’ve got to keep it up until you find no more eggs or lice for a week or two. It’s a nightmare, my twin girls hair is long and thick too and they sleep next to each other. I’ve never seen white eggs or black live though..only ever brown. Maybe you saw something else?
I'll take a good look tonight. Crossing my fingers I saw something else lol.

Don't forget, healthy sperm can live 3-5 days. So just make sure there is sperm in there for when the egg is ready. (If I've got that right, the LH surge is when you release the egg?).

Thank you for replying. The Lh surge is the hormone that surges 11-36 hours before ovulation. I had a positive LH surge on OPK smiley face on Saturday but did another OPK on. Saturday night and it was negative so think my surge only lasted like 12-24 hours ??? Had ovulation pain on right side on Sunday so just not sure if it was long enough to actually ovulate or did my ovary try to ovulate and shaggy it’s mins??

Thank you for replying. The Lh surge is the hormone that surges 11-36 hours before ovulation. I had a positive LH surge on OPK smiley face on Saturday but did another OPK on. Saturday night and it was negative so think my surge only lasted like 12-24 hours ??? Had ovulation pain on right side on Sunday so just not sure if it was long enough to actually ovulate or did my ovary try to ovulate and shaggy it’s mins??
Change it’s mind I meant

It's possible to ovulate on the same day as your LH surge, and also to have really short surges. I think you may have ovulated on Sunday as O-pain tends to occur before the egg is released rather than after. It's really hard to say though without temps- do you track your BBT? Did you keep an eye on your CM (as in, look out for eggwhite cm)?

It's possible to ovulate on the same day as your LH surge, and also to have really short surges. I think you may have ovulated on Sunday as O-pain tends to occur before the egg is released rather than after. It's really hard to say though without temps- do you track your BBT? Did you keep an eye on your CM (as in, look out for eggwhite cm)?
I don’t temp but will next cycle if this one isn’t successful. I had fed white CM fri sat and Sunday. Really hoping this one is the month

@Laurabub84 how are you? Have just been reading all the messages and I felt so like you on my second pregnancy (1at was a MMC), it all worked out and I have a 21 month old, who is perfect.

@Pineberry Your positive was def positive anyway. So happy for you and your BF.

Hope all the other ladies waiting will be lucky too, including me ❤️

9dpo 9am rest on top

9dpo 11pm test on bottom

I feel like I see a line on tonight’s test which I noticed at around the 3 min mark, but I feel like I’m just wishing for it to be rather than something real.

23B022D3-ED8D-464C-AE42-03B0DC32AC41.jpeg F9649F96-77EE-45D1-B1E5-F90E539E8AF2.jpeg

@Tesh23 I see that on the bottom one easy! Good luck! What tests are they?

@Fitz2020 ovulation pain can occur before, during or after ovulation so it’s not reliable to pinpoint ovulation based on this.

@Pineberry yeyyhh!!

@jellybeanxx your chart looks amazing! Good luck!
@laurarebecca1 I didn’t base it on the ovulation pain, I did an OPK the day before the pain and it was positive, but I was only positive for short time so I was wondering if it was accurate or not and wanted to know if anyone else has a short LH surge, that was all.

@Fitz2020 thank you, I'm doing OK at the moment. The cramps have eased off a little now and nausea has kicked in so thats reassuring. Also my bbs are so tender and I never get sore bbs even with af. I'm just taking it each day right now as its still such early days. I'm 5 weeks 3 today. I came down with a rotten cold yesterday so with that on top of the nausea I'm feeling a little run down but I'll take the morning sickness if it means this little one is healthy. How many dpo are you?

@Tesh23 I can definetly see a faint line on your bottom test. Wishing you the best of luck it gets darker

@Fitz2020 thank you, I'm doing OK at the moment. The cramps have eased off a little now and nausea has kicked in so thats reassuring. Also my bbs are so tender and I never get sore bbs even with af. I'm just taking it each day right now as its still such early days. I'm 5 weeks 3 today. I came down with a rotten cold yesterday so with that on top of the nausea I'm feeling a little run down but I'll take the morning sickness if it means this little one is healthy. How many dpo are you?

@Tesh23 I can definetly see a faint line on your bottom test. Wishing you the best of luck it gets darker
@Laurabub84 Thats great to hear. Yes it’s so funny you would never wish nausea or MS on yourself but when you’re struggling to believe that everything will be ok, you would take any illness pregnancy throws at you to just know that baby is happy and growing. mom 5DPO so v early and can’t cope with the TWW, I want to test already

@Fitz2020 If Sunday was the last day of your fertile CM its even more likely that O was Sunday. I definitely recommend charting, its given me soo much insight into how my cycle works, what days I tend to ovulate etc. I really hope this is your month too :)

@Tesh23 Wow I definitely see that line, no question at all. Looks like the start of a BFP! :hugs2:

@Laurabub84 Hope you feel better soon love <3

Also girls, can we just take a moment to appreciate this gorgeous line progression? Only a 24 hour difference between the tests, bottom one was taken today (13 DPO) and its darker than the horizontal line!

As someone who has faced losses before, I was really nervous about another CP but this progression hopefully means that I have a healthy and sticky bean. I have never gotten a line this dark in my life, so Im feeling cautiously confident about this little bean <3

8053672B-DAB4-4597-89AA-EDD91EC5B464.jpeg

Promise I wont be spamming this thread with line progressions, just feeling so overjoyed right now and had to share :) 4 weeks pregnant tomorrow!

Last edited:
Also girls, can we just take a moment to appreciate this gorgeous line progression? Only a 24 hour difference between the tests, bottom one was taken today (13 DPO) and its darker than the horizontal line!

As someone who has faced losses before, I was really nervous about another CP but this progression hopefully means that I have a healthy and sticky bean. I have never gotten a line this dark in my life, so Im feeling cautiously confident about this little bean <3

View attachment 1077620

Promise I wont be spamming this thread with line progressions, just feeling so overjoyed right now and had to share :) 4 weeks pregnant tomorrow!

That's an epic line hun!!!
I'm so chuffed for you!

@Pineberry that is amazing progression! So happy for you! And I think you can post any of your progression pics! Thats what these threads are for, right? ;) :lol:

@Tesh23 I see that on the bottom one easy! Good luck! What tests are they?

@Fitz2020 ovulation pain can occur before, during or after ovulation so it’s not reliable to pinpoint ovulation based on this.

@Pineberry yeyyhh!!

@jellybeanxx your chart looks amazing! Good luck!
Thanks everyone for taking a look :flower: Trying not too get my hopes up too high though as it’s only our first cycle trying after my ectopic.

Laura Becca they are 25miu drugstore brand ones that I used the last time I got my bfp in November. Ironically enough, from the same store as last time too.

I showed my dh this morning who can never see lines and he says he def sees it in the bottom one. Will go out to get more tests in the next two hours when stores open

View attachment 1077620

Fantastic progression hun I’m so so happy for you, I know it’s been a long journey for you and you really deserve this xx

Lots of sticky bean dust your way!

Congrats to everyone who had got their bfps this def seems to be a lucky thread

Thanks everyone for taking a look :flower: Trying not too get my hopes up too high though as it’s only our first cycle trying after my ectopic.

Laura Becca they are 25miu drugstore brand ones that I used the last time I got my bfp in November. Ironically enough, from the same store as last time too.

I showed my dh this morning who can never see lines and he says he def sees it in the bottom one. Will go out to get more tests in the next two hours when stores open

Good luck Tesh! Sorry forgot to reply to yours! I definitely saw the line on the bottom test without even clicking on the pic to enlarge! Fx for you!!

Hi everyone. I was hoping I could join. I’m 5DPO I think. I had a LH surge on Saturday which showed positive at 4.30pm but was negative again at 9pm and felt ovulation pains on my right side on Sunday. So hoping I did ovulate, can a surge be that short though???! I really hope I did. Can’t help but want to POAS . Anyone else at 5DPO???

@Fitz2020 You may have caught the end of the surge perhaps! I could be wrong but i don't think it matters how long the surge is as long as you get a positive and OPKs usually instruct that once you've had a positive you can stop testing.

You may already know, but, positive OPKs do not guarantee that you are ovulating, as the LH surge doesn't guarantee that you will actually release the egg, if you can start tracking your BBT at all that is the only way to show for absolute definite that you have ovulated through a sustained temp rise.

I hope it's your lucky month! Fx for you!

@laurarebecca1 I didn’t base it on the ovulation pain, I did an OPK the day before the pain and it was positive, but I was only positive for short time so I was wondering if it was accurate or not and wanted to know if anyone else has a short LH surge, that was all.
Ahh fair enough. I have had a short surge in the past but this bfp cycle my surge was the longest I’ve had a while.
I don’t think there is a correlation though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->