January Jelly Beans 2014!

I watch pregnancy programs too :D I couldn't watch one born every minute for the first couple of weeks after I got my bfp but started watching it again now :haha: First baby for me so it's teaching me what to expect in labour. Anyone noticed they seem to scream a lot less in the water births? Considering one for that reason.. they must be at least a little comforting.

Congrats on all the new fruits :happydance:

Ive been watching one born every minute too lol :)

Piperette
Is your scan over? How did it go?

Congrats on all the new fruits:baby:

my breasts def don't hurt as bad as they did (new bigger bras are giving much better support and have alleviated my upper back pain too), however I'm having trouble sleeping as well. I know we're supposed to sleep on our side (esp our Left), which is how I have always fallen asleep (half on Left side half on belly). I've been using a pillow between my knees as it keeps me from rolling onto my belly as much as I used to (which is uncomfortable now), but every time I wake up during the night I am on my back. I go back to my side and fall asleep, but wake up several times to discover I'm on my back again. I have a big Boppy body pillow, but I try to restrict it's use to when I REALLY need it because DH and I sleep in a double bed. It's like having another person crammed in there with us! Anybody else struggling with the side sleeping?

my breasts def don't hurt as bad as they did (new bigger bras are giving much better support and have alleviated my upper back pain too), however I'm having trouble sleeping as well. I know we're supposed to sleep on our side (esp our Left), which is how I have always fallen asleep (half on Left side half on belly). I've been using a pillow between my knees as it keeps me from rolling onto my belly as much as I used to (which is uncomfortable now), but every time I wake up during the night I am on my back. I go back to my side and fall asleep, but wake up several times to discover I'm on my back again. I have a big Boppy body pillow, but I try to restrict it's use to when I REALLY need it because DH and I sleep in a double bed. It's like having another person crammed in there with us! Anybody else struggling with the side sleeping?

I had read about sleeping on our side but why is it more on our left? never read that it has to be on our left just on side as baby lays on a main vain to our lower half so can stop blood flow.

Im the same as you fall asleep on my side and wake up on my back will try the pillow between my legs.

Left side is supposed to be best because it's supposed to increase the blood flow to the baby and placenta (that's what I've read anyway).

Sleeping on your left side helps with the blood flow as well as flow of nutrients to your placenta. It also helps to eliminate waste from your body which can help reduce swelling. I know women that didn't sleep on their left side and their babies were fine. And of course, most people don't stay in the same position all night. As long as you're not lying flat on your back after 1st trimester, then you should be fine. :flower:

I didn't scream much during labour with DD, more grunted :haha:

It might sound weird but I actually really enjoy giving birth! Yes it hurts like mad but you get help with pain management and it's so exciting knowing you'll have your baby soon. I love it :D

lol I don't think I'll be a screamer either.. but it's the first time for me so maybe I will :haha:

I can understand that, it must be so exciting! I'm more excited then worried atm but that will probably change as I get further along lol

Sleeping on your left side helps with the blood flow as well as flow of nutrients to your placenta. It also helps to eliminate waste from your body which can help reduce swelling. I know women that didn't sleep on their left side and their babies were fine. And of course, most people don't stay in the same position all night. As long as you're not lying flat on your back after 1st trimester, then you should be fine. :flower:

Left side is supposed to be best because it's supposed to increase the blood flow to the baby and placenta (that's what I've read anyway).

Thanks for that info ladies :) good to know. I tend to go to sleep on my left but never wake up on my left lol

When in labor.. TRY not to scream. Thats energy you can use! Easier said than done but still...

I have a hard time staying on my side too. I think I am getting better at it though, as I wake up less during the night to check. lol.

SB that is good advice! I will do my best to take it!

I usually sleep on my left side surrounded by pillows good thing we have a king bed LOL but I tossed and turn bc I want to roll onto my stomach so I try the other side then turn back to my left its never ending unless am really tired then I sleep through the night on my left :shrug: the joys I guess

Just to let you know that all went well at our scan today. Baby is measuring spot on. It was lovely to see the little bean again and we are already totally in love.

https://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj63/roddypiper_photos/2nd%20Pregnancy/P1060089_zpsd35354b6.jpg

Gorgeous scan pic piperette! Glad everything went well :)

Em xxx

Anyone suffering really swollen feet/ankles?

No. I'm sorry. Did you ask your doctor about it?
whenever possible do try not to keep your legs hanging. A slightly tall footrest will do a lot of good

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->