January Jelly Beans 2014!

Thx ladies. This week I have been on my feet a lot. I'm resting them this weekend.

SSOOOO excited! I was feeling bummed today about the lack of maternity clothes around (all the dept stores in the mall have ditched their mat. depts, leaving the ONLY options as Target and a couple racks at Kohls) I went to Costco today and discovered I was wearing the official "pregnancy" uniform as I saw one woman wearing the same shrt and another wearing the same pants. I know I'm only 14 weeks, but I was "pretty" thin to start with and none of my pants/capris fit already.
Well I stopped at Goodwill on the way home from errands today and CLEANED UP!
Only one shirt, but 2 pairs of dress pants (Motherhood Maternity brand, they're a petite, which I don't usually wear, but for $4 they're fine) a pair of khakis (also Motherhood), jeans (Gap maternity) and a skirt which isn't technically maternity, but has a yoga type waistband that will work just fine (at least for several months). Everything was $4 a piece, so it was a major bargain! I had checked a different thrift shop a couple weeks ago and they only had a couple things and they were all XL. (I'm a medium).
Just had to share!

Melanin that's where m getting some of the things my boss gave me tons of jeans but its to hot for them they'll be great for the fall tho great buy :)

Haven't been on much lately. How is everyone? I've been working 50 hours this week along with my toddler in the office. Thank god its temporary! So ready to be home all day again lol. We have our gender scan in 13 days!!

SSOOOO excited! I was feeling bummed today about the lack of maternity clothes around (all the dept stores in the mall have ditched their mat. depts, leaving the ONLY options as Target and a couple racks at Kohls) I went to Costco today and discovered I was wearing the official "pregnancy" uniform as I saw one woman wearing the same shrt and another wearing the same pants. I know I'm only 14 weeks, but I was "pretty" thin to start with and none of my pants/capris fit already.
Well I stopped at Goodwill on the way home from errands today and CLEANED UP!
Only one shirt, but 2 pairs of dress pants (Motherhood Maternity brand, they're a petite, which I don't usually wear, but for $4 they're fine) a pair of khakis (also Motherhood), jeans (Gap maternity) and a skirt which isn't technically maternity, but has a yoga type waistband that will work just fine (at least for several months). Everything was $4 a piece, so it was a major bargain! I had checked a different thrift shop a couple weeks ago and they only had a couple things and they were all XL. (I'm a medium).
Just had to share!

I felt the same way when shopping for my son. The maternity clothes in the US is little to none in most stores unless you go to a maternity store and pay an arm and leg! Jeans are nice, I found the best pair at target without that stretchy band, instead the sides had some stretch to it. But I lived in long plaid shorts and leggings. So cute and comfy!

I basically live in target and old navy maternity wear. But the in-store availability id appalling. No idea why there aren't more mat specific shops. So many closed over the last few years. Its not like ppl stopped getting pregnant!

SB the lady at the store told me this "all these young girls getting pregnant they don't think it's cool to wear maternity" I looked at her dumb struck and said " well am not a young girl trying to look cool am a pregnant woman looking to be comfy" it's at a second hand store which they were getting rid of maternity section :( target has maternity here but it's ridiculous what they have and how much it costs for a pair of shorts it's $30 when I can get a bunch at the second hand store for the same price.

The jeans my boss gave me are long but the seamstress said she charges $20 per jean to fix them so its $100 for just 5 my hubby said he'd rather buy me the 5 new pairs and save I looked at Ross stores and they had a couple of things might just end up fixing my own :)

I haven't posted on here in forever!

I've never worn maternity clothes, they just don't fit right. With my first, I wore all of my prepregnancy jeans and went up one size in shirts at the end of my pregnancy and with my son, I wore same size shirts but went up in jeans, no maternity pants fit though, they were all too big and saggy, especially on my butt and legs. This one, I'm still pretty early but I tried on x-small maternity pants and they are way too big still. I'm living in dresses right now :)

Oh, and I've been feeling flutters here and there the past few weeks but last night I actually felt real kicks and baby kicked for several minutes straight! I almost cried.. :happydance:

Hi ladies, im debating whether to go private for a scan or to wait until im 20 weeks or more. You only get 1 scan here and ive known a girl to be 28weeks pregnant before she got her scan. The anticipation and wanting to see is getting to me eeek!

Hi ladies, im debating whether to go private for a scan or to wait until im 20 weeks or more. You only get 1 scan here and ive known a girl to be 28weeks pregnant before she got her scan. The anticipation and wanting to see is getting to me eeek!

I would get it between 18-20, if it's for gender, if not I would wait until later in pregnancy. I got my first scan with my first at 20w4d and they said I was having a boy, at my first appointment my OB wanted to see the baby himself and we found out we were actually have a girl, this was at 21w5d :thumbup:

We did find out with our 2nd much earlier but doing it before 20 weeks, there is still a chance of it being wrong. :)

Ok ladies...I need someone to talk me off the crazy ledge! I'm dying for a peek at the baby and possibly finding out the gender. I will be 14 weeks tomorrow and my doctor has planned my gender scan for sometime during 17 weeks. I realize I oly have 3ish weeks left...but I'm dyin over here! We will be on vacation the week before, so during week 16, and I could pay about $100 to have a private scan while on vacation. My husband kind of wants to do it because it would be fun to find out the gender while at the beach...but really, it would only be a week earlier than my regular scan. My brain says no...my heart and nerves say yes! Also, I do realize that it's possible that we won't be able to learn gender at 16 or 17 weeks depending on the baby cooperating.

I am only 11 1/2 weeks, but already I look as big as a house. I had a belly before, which doesn't help things, but it was nothing like this! I'm huge :(

Attachments

• IMAG0876[1].jpg
    IMAG0876[1].jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 12
Hi ladies can I join? :hi:

Didn't think I would be back here so soon but here we are! DD is 8 months old (found out we are expecting when she was 6 mo) and DS is 10.

Due January 11th
Scheduled C-section around the 4th
Think baby will arrive December 28th (I went at 38 weeks with my other two)

Welcome Momma Barry :)

Dear Flower94,
Same here too. I already had a tummy and now I look huge. ppl keep lookin at my tummy wherever I go

Welcome MommaBarry!! :D

I woke up this morning and it looks like my belly doubled in size! I didn't say anything but when I saw my mom later on today, she made a comment on how big my tummy has gotten :thumbup:

Wonder if I finally gained some weight!

Hey ladies and anyone new :)

I think I felt baby today I was sitting on the couch relaxing after a long morning and felt something rub from the inside down low it was so wierd I know it's not gas as am typing this I keep feeling little flutters :) I thinks it's baby I'm going with it :)

I too am anxious to find out gender I finally found a crib I love for a baby girl and after thinking it wouldn't fit in our bedroom (its a one bedroom apt) so we got to share the room but found that the site I found it on had the measurements wrong LOL so it fits :happydance: if its a boy am back on the hunt LOL I won't get a scan until 18 weeks tho so 4 weeks to go

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->