January Jelly Beans 2014!

Melann, its good that your DH is fixing by himself. Now you can be double sure of the safety

melann, I don't think anyone will judge you harshly. :hugs: After all it's your baby and you have every right to choose the crib that's best for you. :) And if your hubby is that handy with furniture, I'm sure he can make your crib perfectly safe. :thumbup: I think I would have made the same decision in your situation. Dropside cribs were used for many years and lots of babies, including me, grew up perfectly fine and had no problems.

And you have a wonderful bump, want2bemommy! So cute! :)

Not sure who would be judging you Mel :shrug: I'm sure you're doing everything you can to ensure your LO's safety :hugs:

You look so cute want2bmommy!

Well we have made our decision about the crib, I thought about not writing it here as some may judge, but oh well.
I looked into the reviews/recall of the crib. Even without the fix there were never ANY reported injuries or deaths from this crib. The only incidents reported were for toddlers climbing up and falling out, which happens with fixed side cribs anyway.
My husband has built almost every piece of furniture in our house, and a boat, and a pergola, etc. I asked the seller to leave the fixit kit off so that my husband can be the one to install it to make sure that it is done correctly. I have the utmost confidence that if all four sides are solid, this $400 solid wood crib will be just as safe as any $100 new crib. That's just my opinion. We are seeing/buying it on Sunday. We will have plenty of time to get it set up in case we change our mind. It is coming with the toddler rails and everything as well.
Should be clear: original purchase price 3 years ago was $400. We are paying $130.

I'm still 2.5 weeks away from finding out team blue or pink, but baby has started moving a lot more this week and I've had several rather strong kicks that have actually startled me, so that's SUPER fun! I've only felt one or two from the outside. DH is very anxious to feel them for himself.

If it makes you feel any better, we have a drop side that we used the kit on :) I wasn't going to say anything either for fear of being judged but if you can say, so can I!! ;) DHs aunt bought it for us second hand and I had already put up such a stink with so much his family was giving us I just kept my mouth shut for once. I still hate it because I know they were recalled, but DS is 10 months and has survived the crib this long ;)

Congrats to the ladies who just found out gender! We find out tomorrow! Can't wait!
Mel I would have made the same choice. My hubby is pretty handy. I really want him to build a crib, but he doesn't seem interested.
Lovely bump want2be!

GL for tomorrow's scan, whit

My leg cramps have taken over charge again :-(

Thanks despttc! Hope your cramps don't last long! That sounds awful!!

My sis and I put up her cot together today. We were going to wait for our dad but we thought we would give it a go and did a good job if I do say so. My sis is 4 weeks ahead of me and found out her babies gender yesterday which I got to be at with her. It was amazing.

However I am still really conflicted about finding out the gender of my baby. Yesterday made me want to know but I can't decide! Still I suppose I have a few more weeks yet,next scan isn't until September 2nd.

My SIL is pregnant too,28weeks along. Everyone's like she's preg too,she's not complaining and you're complaining 24x7. I asked her and apart from the severe ms she had till 15weeks,she hasn't had any aches and pain till now,which explains why she's running around. Family just doesn't understand. They think I'm whining

My SIL is pregnant too,28weeks along. Everyone's like she's preg too,she's not complaining and you're complaining 24x7. I asked her and apart from the severe ms she had till 15weeks,she hasn't had any aches and pain till now,which explains why she's running around. Family just doesn't understand. They think I'm whining

That must be really hard for you. Luckily my sis is my best friend so we just whine all the time about pregnancy symptoms! She had a lot rougher time in first tri than me with extreme exhaustion but in the 2nd trimester I have def felt exhausted and have no energy. I am also struggling with iron levels which is making me feel rough esp last week. Midwife given me a prescription for iron tabs which will hopefully help. I struggled after my son was born with really bad anaemia and that affected my breastfeeding so last thing I want is that again.

Hope your family learn to be understanding, everyone has different pregnancies. Xx

That's tough depttc, and unfair because every pregnancy is different. :hugs: We don't think you're a whiner!

Thanks Del. I was told I'm anaemic and given iron tablets too. My hemoglobin is 10.2 I believe. I don have a sis,but my SIL is so good she makes up for it most of the time. Its the comparison from family that hurts

Every pregnancy is different. My first was a bit rough, and this one has been a lot easier (knock on wood!)

Thanks for all the support guys... DH saved up a lot of $ in prep for baby, but we're thinking seriously about cord blood banking and it's quite $$, so we're trying to make good choices. He can and has built almost anything you can imagine and sews/paints to boot. He's a computer engineer but went to school for art/photography. I'm a lucky lady. I will yank and pull on that crib til the cows come home to make sure it's safe. We are using a co-sleeper bassinet for the first few months as well.
Anybody else have the random heart racing? I know it can be somewhat common, but it's starting to weird me out a little. It was happening last night in bed and just now again. I'm working in the lab, but nothing anxiety-producing and barely physical- unless you count punching tiny hole in tiny brains as physical ;) (Yup, I'm a creeper). I have a doc appt tomorrow and will ask him then, but it's very weird. (and no I don't have any shortness of breath or anything else)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->