January Jelly Beans 2014!

Anybody else have the random heart racing? I know it can be somewhat common, but it's starting to weird me out a little. It was happening last night in bed and just now again. I'm working in the lab, but nothing anxiety-producing and barely physical- unless you count punching tiny hole in tiny brains as physical ;) (Yup, I'm a creeper). I have a doc appt tomorrow and will ask him then, but it's very weird. (and no I don't have any shortness of breath or anything else)

I had it really bad during my last pregnancy, found out it was due to a lack of iron. Once I started taking iron tablets, it stopped. Maybe ask your doctor to check your iron levels.

Anybody else have the random heart racing? I know it can be somewhat common, but it's starting to weird me out a little. It was happening last night in bed and just now again. I'm working in the lab, but nothing anxiety-producing and barely physical- unless you count punching tiny hole in tiny brains as physical ;) (Yup, I'm a creeper). I have a doc appt tomorrow and will ask him then, but it's very weird. (and no I don't have any shortness of breath or anything else)

I had it really bad during my last pregnancy, found out it was due to a lack of iron. Once I started taking iron tablets, it stopped. Maybe ask your doctor to check your iron levels.

Thanks for this :flower: I've been wondering about that and didn't realise it had anything to do with low iron! I've been givin iron tabs but keep forgetting to take them :dohh:

I hope taking your iron tablets helps with your racing heart, salamander. That would definitely weird me out too!

At my last doctors appointment, the nurse drew some blood to test for down syndrome, trisomy 18 and spina bifida. I haven't gotten any phone calls from the doctors office, which is good as they only call with problems. :thumbup: But I've been wondering about my results. Well today I realize I had an email from Microsoft Health Vault which is a way I can see all of my lab test results. So I take a look at my results and really have no idea what I'm looking at. LOL But nothing is flagged and the interpretation section says "Screen negative." So I'm taking that as a great result! :happydance:

Ameli,Sal,Shelli,
I too have had the occasional heart racing,but it has come down a lot after I started taking my iron supplements regularly. I read that some foods can hinder iron absorption,like tea,coffee,milk etc. So I see to it that there's atleast an hour gap between these and my medication

Here's where I read it. Hope it helps
https://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Anaemia-iron-deficiency-/Pages/Treatment.aspx

Ameli,Sal,Shelli,
I too have had the occasional heart racing,but it has come down a lot after I started taking my iron supplements regularly. I read that some foods can hinder iron absorption,like tea,coffee,milk etc. So I see to it that there's atleast an hour gap between these and my medication

Here's where I read it. Hope it helps
https://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Anaemia-iron-deficiency-/Pages/Treatment.aspx

Yeah that is very true, there's also things you can take with the iron tablets that help them absorb better. Drinking fresh orange juice helps your body absorb more so I used to take my tablet with a glass of it each day :)

I don't know,these babies taking all our nutrients and essentials!!! :baby: little monkeys!!

Had my first dreams about peanut last night :) was at 20 week scan and they said its a girl hope its true although ive said i think its a boy i would love a little girl :) OH already has two boys so would love peanut to be a little girl as it will be new for both of us iykwim :)

Lovely dream wrighty! I have only had baby dreams about other peoples babies, I always knew they weren't mind. DH had a baby dream the other night though. He said it is a blonde little boy. He was pretty cute about it all. :) Get to find out if he is right soon!

I think it's pretty neat to be dreaming about our little ones. I unfortunately, never remember my dreams so even if I did, I wouldn't know! :dohh: Since becoming pregnant I have remembered a few dreams but they've all been very odd and haven't revolved around a baby; in fact I'm not even sure I was pregnant in my dreams. I took a psychology class in high school and we had an assignment to keep a dream journal. That really helped me remember my dreams more often. I may have to start doing that again so I can remember them! :)

I get very sweet dreams,too bad I won't remember even a bit when I wake up. Those which I do remember are super weird ones. Only past few days,pregnancy got incorporated into my dreams. In one of my funny dreams,I was back in school with a huge bump showing through my uniform :haha:

I have really horrible nightmares when I'm pregnant! They are really vivid and some of the scariest dreams I have ever had! My mum bought me some maternity lavender and camomile spray for bedtime I'm going to try that out tonight,I need to chill!

I've had two dreams about giving birth already! One in which I had a lovely homebirth and had a beautiful 6lb baby (not like, my first was nearly 10lb!) but then had a retained placenta and had to go to hospital. Last night I dreamt I couldn't have a homebirth and there was no space at the hospital because my own midwife was secretly pregnant and had gone into labour and all the other midwives wanted to be with her instead.

Can you tell I might be worrying about the birth bit?! :rofl:

I had a giving birth dream last pregnancy. It was super fast and easy, no drugs, no contractions, baby just slipped right out! :haha: :thumbup:

I do wake up in the middle of sleep,scared but not remembering the dream. But this happens much less frequently compared to the good ones. I have a teddybear with me which I hug to go back to sleep on such occasions(hubby bought me that and now that he's working at a distant place,it offers me comfort)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->