January Jelly Beans 2014!

I've just rang the maternity services and referred myself. Should hopefully receive my earl bird appointment and booking in appointment with the next 7-10 days :)

I have an Angel Sounds doppler but haven't gotten to use it properly as last time the baby didn't make it far enough along.

Also, yes to the clumsiness. :p I think that goes with pregnancy brain.

So I'm up very early because I had to pee, and when I wiped I got red blood mixed with CM. :( Tried to go back to sleep but I'm worrying. An hour later it seems to be just brown, and not a lot, but more than when I was spotting before. When it's a slightly more reasonable hour, I think I'm going to call my midwife.

Sorsha :hugs: I hope you are ok hun, spotting in early pregnancy can be very normal hun, and as it went brown soon after thats a pretty good sign xxxxxxx

I have an Angel Sounds doppler but haven't gotten to use it properly as last time the baby didn't make it far enough along.

Also, yes to the clumsiness. :p I think that goes with pregnancy brain.

So I'm up very early because I had to pee, and when I wiped I got red blood mixed with CM. :( Tried to go back to sleep but I'm worrying. An hour later it seems to be just brown, and not a lot, but more than when I was spotting before. When it's a slightly more reasonable hour, I think I'm going to call my midwife.

Sorry you're worrying Sorsha. Hopefully all is okay :hugs:

Hi
So yesterday I was cramping alot and had small amount of pink spotting.
Today I have had quite a bit of spotting but it is dark dark brown. Spoke to gp who was lovely. She is referring me for an early scan for asap as we r concerned as ive miscarried in past and this is how it started. Im just over 6 weeks. Are they likely to see heartbeat at this stage? I cant stop crying as I feel so guilty. This pregnancy was not plamned but from the moment we found out we r absolutely over the moon!

Worried Im sorry you are spotting :hugs: Glad your GP is on the ball!!

It really depends on your sonographer if you see a HB hun, at 6 weeks you have a chance yes, but if you get a good sonographer she will switch to an internal scan if HB cant be seen on an abdominal scan. Hope its good news xxx

Hi
So yesterday I was cramping alot and had small amount of pink spotting.
Today I have had quite a bit of spotting but it is dark dark brown. Spoke to gp who was lovely. She is referring me for an early scan for asap as we r concerned as ive miscarried in past and this is how it started. Im just over 6 weeks. Are they likely to see heartbeat at this stage? I cant stop crying as I feel so guilty. This pregnancy was not plamned but from the moment we found out we r absolutely over the moon!

Sorry to hear you're having similar worries! :hugs: It is possible to see the heartbeat at that point with an internal scan (I saw one in my last pregnancy when I was only measuring 5 1/2 weeks), but from what I've read it's common not too as well. I think it must depend on the fetus being at the right angle as well as things like the sensitivity of the equipment. Hope you get good news!

Thanks everyone.
Did u get speaking to midwife sorsha? Thinking of u.
Got a phonecall crom early pregnancy clinic and the soonest they can see me is monday!! Didnt think it would have been that long! Quite annoyed. Ice I start bleeding heavy red ive to go to a&e. Minday us so far away!

Hey ladies, sorry for the randomness but ive just seen this on FB and thought it was hilarious! What they can do these days! Lol

image.jpg

Thanks everyone.
Did u get speaking to midwife sorsha? Thinking of u.
Got a phonecall crom early pregnancy clinic and the soonest they can see me is monday!! Didnt think it would have been that long! Quite annoyed. Ice I start bleeding heavy red ive to go to a&e. Minday us so far away!

Hope the spotting stays away for you and that your scan on Monday shows a healthy bean :flower:

Hey ladies, sorry for the randomness but ive just seen this on FB and thought it was hilarious! What they can do these days! Lol

View attachment 621411

I saw that on my Facebook earlier, made me laugh :rofl:

Well, my midwife talked me down. She pointed out that the most I could tell is if it's about as big as it should be--that it's unlikely to see a heartbeat at this point or anything else that would confirm whether the baby's okay, and if they were able to see another cause for the spotting it's unlikely to be anything that they can do much about or that would hurt the baby. I kind of knew that already, I just had thought the chances might be better of seeing the HB after seeing it at five and a half weeks development last time. So I am going to try to patiently wait until at least after my first appt with her next week, when I'll be just past seven weeks, which is when I'd been planning to arrange an early scan anyway.

There hasn't been any more red and I'm not getting more than the usual twinges, so I will try to stay positive! Just hard not to worry when my MMC started this way.

Worriedk--sorry to hear they can't see you sooner; I hope things get better!

Live--that cake is hilarious!

Live that cake is hillarious :haha:

Sorsha your MW makes some very good points, and many which may apply to why the EPU cant see you till Monday worried hun :hugs: When I was scanned last week they made it clear that they could only tell me what was happening right then, and it was no way a guarantee that the pregnancy would be successful. I knew this, and Ive had enough MCs to know that you got to take every day as it presents itself.

I really hope you ladies are ok :hugs: Monday/ next week will be here before you know it and hopefully that will mean a much more reassuring scan. Its really stressful to have a scan and no visible HB, and that wont help your body and mind to relax, so as far away as it seems, it'll soon be here, there is nothing they can do between now and then, and hopefully it'll mean good news next week :hugs:

Big :hugs: to anyone who's having bleeding/spotting at the moment. I really hope you're ok and your healthcare people are helping you out.

I've just had my first booking appointment with my midwife which was amazing. She was here for nearly 2 hours! But I had a lot to tell her about my previous experiences. It was good though and very cathartic. If anyone is in my area (or Bradford) in the UK have a look at One to One Midwives. I know this sounds like an advert but I really was impressed.

I hope you're all ok. I'm fine as long as I'm not actively puking! :sick: :sick: :sick:

xxx

Im so jealous of these scans!! My first appointment isn't until I'm 9 weeks. Prob will have a scan a week or so after that. Just told my parents and in-laws yesterday. They are of course SO excited. My daughters cant wait to know what we're having. My husband thinks he is funny and keeps saying we are going to have momo twin boys....

I feel the same way, SBinRI!! I'm actually 8+1 today and I FINALLY have my first doctors appointment on Friday. I can't wait!! It feels like it's been FOEVER since my BFP. I've seen all of these scans and I'm jealous! :haha: I'm hoping my doctor puts in for an u/s when I see her on Friday. My experience with my son was a bit different (had bleeding and an early scan ~7ish weeks) so I don't know how this doctors appointment will go. I hope the time until your appointment goes faster than mine has!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->