January Jelly Beans 2014!

Hi ladies, been off for several days, but home from my conference now and hitting 12 weeks today!
We got a fetal doppler (Sonoline B) and briefly found the heartbeat at 11wk5days, but then lost it (DH even wrote BABY on my gut where we found it, but then we couldn't find it again anyway!)
We found it again yesterday, we think, it was very fast, like baby, but seemed too loud to be a 2" munchkin! I'm sure it will get easier. Baby is hanging out towards my left side (had an early scan, so I know it's not ectopic).
Went maternity clothes shopping with my mom the other day. Uterus seems to have popped over my pelvic bone already. I don't have the "hard ball" that some refer to, but at the beginning of the pregnany through about 10 weeks I was bloated all over, with my belly button as the center, so I could use the hairband pants trick most days, but as of this past week the bump is lower than my belly button and the bloating has seemed to go down, so I think it's my real bump forming! I thought DH would be a bit taken back and me buying so many clothes (2 shorts, 2 pants/capris, about 6 shirts, 1 dress- but I bought that weeks ago to have something cofmrtable for my conference) but he was really excited that the bump is becoming real and that his wife will be less crabby if she doesn't feel like she's falling out of her clothes :haha: I've only bought one bra so far, plus 2 that are thin sporty nursing bras that I wear to bed. Still have queasiness and hunger, and fatigue and sore breasts (although not as bad as before).
Hope everybody has a good day!

How does everyone stand on finding out if your team blue or pink? I would love a surprise this time as we found out with our son but my oh wants to find out so we are at loggerheads at the mo. X

Yay, finally found baby's heartbeat briefly today! Before now, I could only hear my own. But today I heard a heartbeat that was about double of my own. So exciting! :cloud9:

Yay for heartbeats!!

Who is team yellow? I'll start adding yellow jelly beans.

I'm totally team yellow. I was :yellow: last time and finding out her gender when she was born was the best surprise ever. :)

Thanks :) I can't believe we're such a huge group! There was some good baby dust in April/may!

Hakuna, can you changes my due date? I think it should be 16th although I suspect it'll change again on Tuesday when I have my scan. :)

Thanks :) I can't believe we're such a huge group! There was some good baby dust in April/may!

Hakuna, can you changes my due date? I think it should be 16th although I suspect it'll change again on Tuesday when I have my scan. :)

My scan is Tues too :thumbup:

I'll leave the date for now, and PM me after your scan on Tues to confirm date. Will be leaving after my scan to go to beach for a week so I definitely don't want to miss your update.

I want a girl!! I had gut feelings with my other three but none latelt with this one. Dh keeps saying its because theres one of each. Siigh. Itd be exciting but dont know I could mentally desl with twins plus my other three. Or maybe more the idea that my mom and mil would be here 24/7... scan on Wed.

I want a girl but I'm thinking it's a boy. 2 of my OH's siblings are also having their first babies and they're both having girls so I'm thinking mine will be a boy.. could just as easily be a girl ofc but I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for a boy :blush:

Does anyone know how dopplers work on plus size women? I've just ordered one because I'm still 3 weeks away from my first scan and starting to feel paranoid because of my lack of sickness. I'm a UK size 18. Bought an angelsounds doppler if that makes a difference. I'll probably be 10 weeks when it arrives so hopefully will be able to hear it then.

salamander- All I know about the Doppler for you is that the cheaper ones ($20-$30) are glorified microphones and often don't pick up til 20 weeks. You need to buy an actual Doppler that sends sounds waves if you want to pick up anything earlier than that. I bought a Sonoline B for $70. That is what I gathered from reviews/friends/my doctor. My doctor was skeptical that I could get an "actual" Doppler on Amazon, but mine looks almost exactly like the one in the doc's office.
As for team blue/pink/yellow- we are planning to find out as this will be our first and we need to get everything. While the big stuff would be gender neutral, I am having trouble finding ANYTHING gender neutral in clothing in the stores. I went shopping with my mom the other day and in 3 stores we only saw 2-3 outfits that were neutral. Personally I think we're having a girl (as does my self-proclaimed pregnancy psychic SIL :) DH would like a boy I think. My parents both want it to be a girl. I thought for sure my dad would be gunnin for a boy (I'm his only biological child- I have a half brother), but he told my mom that he just wants to relive the glory days of when I was a baby :). He was 37 when they had me, and even though he's uber masculine (former military etc) he sewed all sorts of buntings and outfits for me and made my crib sheets etc. I was always the girly girl, who would turn around and go hunting, and dissect animals and build stuff with him etc. Maybe he figured he got both sides with me :)

I want a girl but I'm thinking it's a boy. 2 of my OH's siblings are also having their first babies and they're both having girls so I'm thinking mine will be a boy.. could just as easily be a girl ofc but I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for a boy :blush:

Does anyone know how dopplers work on plus size women? I've just ordered one because I'm still 3 weeks away from my first scan and starting to feel paranoid because of my lack of sickness. I'm a UK size 18. Bought an angelsounds doppler if that makes a difference. I'll probably be 10 weeks when it arrives so hopefully will be able to hear it then.

I have an angel sounds too. I'm a US size 14 (not sure what that would be in UK) and I found my sons HB at 13 weeks. I've tried this pregnancy but haven't tried since about 10 weeks, until that point I hadn't heard anything. I might give it another shot tonight! :)

Salamander - I'm a plus size gal, size 16 in the US, and was able to find the heartbeat on my Doppler a few days shy of 10 weeks. Just keep in mind that the baby is still very very low, so try down near your hairline. GL!

This pregnancy has been so different from my first. I actually have no symptoms and never had any even in the beginning. With my son I was tired and slept 18 hours a day, nausea, migraines, sore boobs etc.
I think I am insane, I swear a felt a pretty good movement last night, but im only 12-13 weeks and didn't feel anything till 15+6 with my son, but it wasn't a flutter, it was a full on kick. Maybe cause I am so tiny? Or just crazy! :rofl:
Anyone having a gender preference? With my son I was all about a girl, but he's my whole world, so I don't mind this time around what the sex it ( I'd be shocked if it was a girl as my husbands side has not had one in over 60 years :shock: ) but my husband is desperate for a little girl! Idk why.....hahaha I feel we would have many heartattckes with a girl! :haha:

My husband wants a girl very badly, also! There will be 15 months between this one and LO so I would love to have a boy, I picture them being best friends ;) I'm really scared to have a girl to be honest. I know karma will come back to bite me because I was a horrible teenager and I don't know how my mom survived it :haha:

oh I know! I was such a naughty teen! But I think my son at hos age would love a brother...as long as he doesn't touch hos hotwheels :rofl:

How does everyone stand on finding out if your team blue or pink? I would love a surprise this time as we found out with our son but my oh wants to find out so we are at loggerheads at the mo. X

I wanted team yellow, husband is determined to know so we will do a private 3d scan the end of July :) atleast I can get my sons old clothes and wash if it is another boy :)

Jennifer wow 60 years Yes a girl will def be a challenge but I'm thinking girl for me nd am excited but terrified if she is anything like me am in for it LOL but I would be just as happy being a boy too it's our first and getting here is a miracle o the sex is fine either way.

As for movement I have been reading in other threads that for 2nd timers movements can be felt sooner it may have been baby I had a flipping sensation last night but not sure what is was am only 12 weeks :shrug:

I know, its been so long a girl seems impossible for us! Lucky for me after I held my son I completely changed my mind on boys, I just love them so much and had the thought totally wrong!

Hi ladies, hope ur all ok? Well Im still suffering with ms, dizziness and awful indegestion/ acid burning :-( I really hope it passes soon! I have my 12 week scan booked for 22nd July, it seems like so long away! The worst thing is it's my 30t birthday on the 15th july and im having a big party on the 20th, when we were hoping to announce, but we cant get my scan before :-( Im trying to get a doppler to find hb, but like some of the other ladies have said, I am a uk 16/18 so worried I wont find the hb yet. I really want to tell people as its getting so hard to hide from everyone and im sure friends will be guessing soon.

I think we will stay team yellow again, however I would like to find out so I can get our sons old clothes sorted out either way!

Take care everyone xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->