January Jelly Beans 2014!

I'm exactly the same as you flower - now I had my scan today I feel I can finally get excited
I'm now due 5th jan and we will be finding out at the 20 week scan what we are having hopefully

Xxx

here is my little jelly bean, had a scan today!

i have an anterior placenta...anyone know what this means?

he also saw some small subchorionic bleeding from my placenta which he said is old and might come out as brown discharge over the next few weeks. anyone else had this or know anymore?

apart from that everything was great and heart beat was 164bpm :cloud9:

Attachments

• baby boakye.jpg
    baby boakye.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 5
I'm pretty certain that the anterior placenta means its sitting at the front so might delay you feeling the kicks. It's fine though :)

As for the sch, I've no idea, sorry.

Congrats on your lovely jellybean though!

X

Yes, I thought so :)

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/x566457/is-having-an-anterior-placenta-a-problem

Yep, it means it's in the front. Mine is anterior as well but I've been feeling baby for a week now. This is my second baby so I know that helps.
I hope it doesn't take too long before you feel yours :)

Yeah Laura is right - a anterior is at the front and can muffle kicks and make it a bit harder sometimes to find the heart beat but it's totally fine - I had a anterior with Alex and apart from feeling proper kicks until 22 weeks it didn't make a difference :flower:

Xxx

Does the location of your placenta make any difference? Not to your baby, who doesn't care which side of the uterus he or she is lying on, and it certainly makes no difference to him or her where the placenta lies. And what about to you —* or your practitioner? You might be less able to feel your baby's early kicks and punches because the placenta will serve as a cushion between your baby and your tummy. For the same reason,*your doctor or midwife may find it a bit harder to hear fetal heart sounds (and it could make*amniocentesis*slightly more challenging). These situations will resolve if the placenta moves into a more posterior position later on (as anterior placentas commonly do). But the good news here is that, despite those slight inconveniencies, an anterior placenta in and of itself poses no risk to your health.***

Thank you ladies, glad it's normal! The doc said not to worry but I can't help but worry about the "small sub chorionic blood noted" if you have had it or low anyone who has let me know, I'm a worrier and google usually makes it worse!

Im hoping for a little boy but ill be perfectly find with a girl too(;
I go for my NT test July 15th(13weeks and 6 days), So im hoping they can tell me the gender then.
But im not gonna hold my breath cause i know its still somewhat hard to tell. But just excited to see my little active booger again. :) :)

Hawk lover we're really close timing wise. I'm doing the NT scan July 24th.

I'm booked for my NT scan and bloods on 14th July at 11w+6 too!

I don't thnk I can hold my belly in at work much longer - it's already pretty obvious, I guess second time around my muscles just can't contain it! I'm already buying maternity trousers as mine are all too tight across the tummy.

Wow this thread blew up, huh? lol I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow and have my first OB appt on Wednesday. I'm not sure if my dr will do an ultrasound or not since I had one at 8 weeks but we shall see. I bought an at home heartbeat doppler a few weeks ago and have heard the heartbeat several times now which is very reassuring!!!! I think i was 9 1/2 weeks when we heard it the first time. I listened to it again last night, it was amazing to hear!!!! I started feeling a little better about a week or so ago, finally able to sleep well at night and don't fall asleep during the day like i did for the first several weeks! lol Still not able to do things like normal though, whenever we go shopping i'm tired and ready to come home after only 1-2 hours! I pushed myself when i first started to feel better and woke up one morning and could barely walk my stomach was cramping so much (dull, achy cramps)....called the dr and since no spotting/bleeding and when i layed down i felt fine she said nothing to worry about. I took it super easy for 2-3 days and feel fine now but definantly not going to over-do it again anytime soon!!!! Hope everyone is doing well!

I have my ips screening on thursday so nervous just hoping everything is okay

Started to feel baby flutters yesterday and more today when I squished it lol. As I sit here I can feel it jumping around. Super cool :D

Anybody else having some cramping? Nothing terrible, but its been going on for a few days. Not sure if I should call my doctor or not...

Anybody else having some cramping? Nothing terrible, but its been going on for a few days. Not sure if I should call my doctor or not...

Upto 8weeks, I had slight cramping too. My doctor asked me to inform if it was associated with increased vaginal discharge(during the cramp). Later,from urine tests we found a mild urinary infection. When the infection subsided,cramps too went

"12 week" scan.... I thought I was 11+2, but now i measure 11+6. Everything happy and healthy.... any gender guesses? Not too happy how blurry they are :( but its ok baby was kicking all over the place.

Attachments

• WP_20130701_007(1).jpg
    WP_20130701_007(1).jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 10
  • WP_20130701_009(1).jpg
    WP_20130701_009(1).jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 8
  • WP_20130701_010(1).jpg
    WP_20130701_010(1).jpg
    25 KB · Views: 8
  • WP_20130701_010.jpg
    WP_20130701_010.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 8
Yay!!! For all the happy u/s and updates.

Afm am in a bitchy mood tonight doesn't help that it's hot even managed to piss hubby off and that's hard to do, I think am going to bed and hoping tomorrow is a better day.

Good night y'all :)

Is there a January jellybeans thread in 2nd trimester forum? If so,can someone give me the link?

Is there a January jellybeans thread in 2nd trimester forum? If so,can someone give me the link?

I think we'll just keep using this one as it isn't trimester-specific being in the Pregnancy Groups & Discussions section. :winkwink:

Thanks hakuna
I love the yellow jellybean next to my name in the first page:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"