January Jellybeans 2013!...

was this pregnancy planned?
i tried for 5 months and finally got pregnant right before i was gonna do an iui since dh has a father who is old and wanted him to see his first grandchild

I just came back from my "formal" ultrasound with a radiologist and another doctor. They did a transabdominal and a transvaginal ultrasound on me....

At what's supposed to be my 7 weeks 6 days LMP, still no fetal pole or heartbeat. Just a much enlarged gestational sac and a yolk sac. :nope:

I've had no bleeding and my 4 last HCG tests were increasing, the last being at 7 weeks LMP at 26,000.

was this pregnancy planned?
i tried for 5 months and finally got pregnant right before i was gonna do an iui since dh has a father who is old and wanted him to see his first grandchild

I don't know who this question is angled at, but I personally was sort of trying. My husband was/is very ready to have a baby and since being with him I had decided I want kids as well. Coming off of birth control pills after being on them for 5 years, I was told it would take 5 months just for my body to regulate, and then 6-12 months to conceive. It took my body 2 months to regulate, and the 2nd month I ovulated, I conceived. So planned, sort of. For the most part. I didn't realize it would happen so fast, but definitely wanted.

I think peanut butter is only something you should look out for if you have allergies to other things. A dairy allergy is actually supposed to be very similar to peanut allergies. My sister has an extreme tree nut allergy, like if she has a drop of oil from any tree nut she'll be hospitalized and potentially die, and she was allowed to eat peanut butter while pregnant and breast feeding, my niece just wasn't allowed to have peanut butter directly until she was two.

I hope it's something I can safely have, I LOVE peanut butter, lol.

I just came back from my "formal" ultrasound with a radiologist and another doctor. They did a transabdominal and a transvaginal ultrasound on me....

At what's supposed to be my 7 weeks 6 days LMP, still no fetal pole or heartbeat. Just a much enlarged gestational sac and a yolk sac. :nope:

I've had no bleeding and my 4 last HCG tests were increasing, the last being at 7 weeks LMP at 26,000.

It can take awhile for things to show up. As long as your HCG is increasing steadily, I wouldn't worry. At 8 weeks, the baby is super tiny. I'll be about 11 weeks at my first ultrasound and my baby will only be a couple inches long. Try not to give up hope or stress yourself out about it, you're still in the game. I'm sure your little embryo is floating around in there somewhere, just not in sight. :thumbup:

I hope this is a mistake, hun. What was the sac measuring? If you O'd late it could possible be that you are 6 weeks and the HB is about to show anyday.

I had a MMC in March at 9w3d, I didn't have any bleeding and my HCG kept increasing but not like it should. If your HCG remains high, your body still thinks its pregnant.

I hope this isn't your scenario, hun. And that its all one big scare that goes away. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Has your Dr. scheduled another scan to see if theres growth? Thats more reliable than HCG tests.

It can take awhile for things to show up. As long as your HCG is increasing steadily, I wouldn't worry. At 8 weeks, the baby is super tiny. I'll be about 11 weeks at my first ultrasound and my baby will only be a couple inches long. Try not to give up hope or stress yourself out about it, you're still in the game. I'm sure your little embryo is floating around in there somewhere, just not in sight. :thumbup:

I hope this is a mistake, hun. What was the sac measuring? If you O'd late it could possible be that you are 6 weeks and the HB is about to show anyday.

I had a MMC in March at 9w3d, I didn't have any bleeding and my HCG kept increasing but not like it should. If your HCG remains high, your body still thinks its pregnant.

I hope this isn't your scenario, hun. And that its all one big scare that goes away. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Has your Dr. scheduled another scan to see if theres growth? Thats more reliable than HCG tests.

Hopefully so, ladies. Thanks. They didn't tell me how large the sac measured and the doctor even said it doesn't matter if my cycles had been irregular or if I ovulated late.

I counted from the day I saw a light bleeding that stopped right away to my last BD with DH - it was 14 days exactly. A possible implantation bleeding perhaps? :shrug: Three days later, at what was supposed to be my 5th week 1st day since LMP, I had my BFP. The following day was my first ultrasound with just a gestational sac measuring at 6.2 mm.

A week ago, my doctor scanned me again expecting I was at 6 weeks 6 days LMP - there's a yolk sac this time, an enlarged gestational sac but with my measurement only at 5 weeks 6 days (****considering my first scan 11 days before measured me at 5 weeks 1 day!!!****).

Now I'm just confused and even more anxious with a much enlarged sac, a yolk sac, no fetal pole, no heartbeat and supposed to be at 7 weeks 6 days. :nope:

Still hoping for the best though. Hopefully I am one of the many whose baby is just shy (they had a hard time seeing anything during the scan).

barf.... i cant even think of eating meat for protein! I usually LOVE meat, but now it makes me sick thinking about it.... i cant even eat a regular sandwich with meat on it bc it makes me naseous. I find it very wierd... so for hubby has to eat what i make for dinner which is usually pasta, grilled cheese, soups etc.

Im sorry to hear precious :hugs: hopefully things turn for the better

Aj congrats hun! thats exciting!

sona- haha thast funny we both had breast reductions. It was the best thing i ever did. I texted hubby about my nipple being on fire and being super hard.... he said it got him all excited at work. what a goon! haha clearly he is in dire need of some affection, poor guy..... he can hold out til wed.! :haha:

barf.... i cant even think of eating meat for protein! I usually LOVE meat, but now it makes me sick thinking about it.... i cant even eat a regular sandwich with meat on it bc it makes me naseous. I find it very wierd... so for hubby has to eat what i make for dinner which is usually pasta, grilled cheese, soups etc.

sona- haha thast funny we both had breast reductions. It was the best thing i ever did. I texted hubby about my nipple being on fire and being super hard.... he said it got him all excited at work. what a goon! haha clearly he is in dire need of some affection, poor guy..... he can hold out til wed.! :haha:

:haha::haha: Sounds like something my husband would do!! Yea meat is the worst! I too am normally a meat eater but now .... :sick: ugh!! And dairy is out of the question as well. Going on 6 weeks of MS ... I am delusional and frustrated. I just try and get through one day at a time now. I think with DD by now, I was doing a lot better. Will it ever end!!!:shrug::cry::dohh::nope:

When I talked to my doctor about being sick she said, "Well it won't last forever." Really .. could have fooled me!

Precious84: I hope so too! :hugs: When do you go again?

:nope::nope:
my OB just gave me a call a minute ago and said it's a miscarriage and spoke of discussing interventions....she couldn't even specifically say what kind of miscarriage exactly it was. my sac measures at 1.7 cm..... i honestly, honestly want a second opinion in a few more weeks

my OB just gave me a call a minute ago and said it's a miscarriage and spoke of discussing interventions....she couldn't even specifically say what kind of miscarriage exactly it was. my sac measures at 1.7 cm..... i honestly, honestly want a second opinion in a few more weeks

Oh no!! I am so sorry!!:hugs: I think I might want a second opinion too. I don't understand why she couldn't tell you what kind. If she can tell it's a mc then why not be able to provide more details? I would wait and especially if you feel the need for a second opinion ... trust your gut!! Thinking of you!! :hugs::hugs:

I'm so sorry hun. :hugs: I would want a second opinion also. Don't do anything unless you are 100% sure. Is there a baby present?

Darkstar: I am completely all congested as well. yuck! It is so hard to get any sleep. DS brought it home from daycare and sure enough I caught it as well.

I was supposed to go for another scan tomorrow but work has asked me to attend an offsite function that we are hosting. Go figure! had to be that day. So now I have to wait until Wednesday afternoon. Of course I am petrified that the heartbeat will have disappeared or that the baby itself will have just disappeared although I don't fully think thats possible at this point? The heartbeat part is a very scary possibility for me though since it was low last time and I've consistently measured behind, not to mention the less than stellar hcg increase this last time.:shrug:

Can't remember who asked about hunger? But I am starved, I've been eating like crazy! When i got home from work today I raided the fridge like some type of crazy caveman!:haha: I felt as if I hadnt eaten in weeks, then went on to cook a full meal on top of the 5 snacks I had. It kind of felt like a case of what I imagine to be low blood sugar? I was just completely ravenous.

I'm so sorry Precious that you are experiencing this:hugs: It really seems as though they should at least give you another scan in a week or so before coming to any conclusions.

Been feeling mega bloated (look about 6 mos preggo, posted on the bump thread lol) as well as bothered by the heat. Keep getting little shortness of breath periods when trying to walk at my previous quick pace, especially outside. I dont remember the shortness of breath happening until around 16-18 weeks with ds.

As far as the peanut butter topic goes, this is something I am paranoid about. DS has severe anaphylaxis to Peanuts AND Treenuts(all nuts) among other things. Neither DH or myself or any of our immediate family members have allergies yet alone life threatening ones. We have had to use the epi-pen twice (followed by hospitalization) already and he is not yet even 4 years old. On top of the 2 epi pen scenarios there has been a handful of other serious reactions in which the epi-pen likely should have been used. It is very very frightening. One should never assume that their child absolutely will not have life threatening allergies simply because they do not run in the family, my case proves this to be untrue.

I will be asking at my next appointment regarding eating peanut butter while pregnant. I know while breastfeeding I definitely will not since I already have a child with the allergy and obviously breastmilk is produced with the foods you eat. We will be seeing DS's paediatric allergist next month and I will definitely be asking her about eating certain foods while pregnant/breastfeeding since I've already got ds with his allergies. I am interested to see what she has to say about it if anything, so far the general consensus on the internet seems to be that while pregnant it is fine, just not while bf'ing.

Omg i loved meat and now i cant stand the thought of a burger or steak! Makes me want to vomit in my mouth! I have been eating chicken but barely! Ugh....

Hun, I'm sorry... But, I think you are having a blighted Ovum MMC. They are telling you its a MC because your sac is measuring 7 weeks. And cardiac activity should always be present at that gestational age via transvaginal ultrasound. It sounds like the sac grew without the baby. And the sac will probably continue to grow... without medical intervention.

At 7 weeks the sac measures 5mm to 12mm. If you are 7w6d its right on with the sac measurements. 1.7cm equals 11.7mm

Just my opinion... but they should have told you this. I hope this is wrong, but its what I've gotten out of it. Still don't do anything until you're sure! Lots and Lots of :hugs:!

1.7cm is 17mm

This website here explains why they called it a miscarriage https://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancycomplications/earlyfetaldevelopment.htm

"16-18mm with no fetal pole or the fetal pole measures 5mm with no heartbeat (by vaginal ultrasound), then a diagnosis of miscarriage or blighted ovum is made. If the fetal pole is too small to take an accurate measurement, then a repeat scan should be done in 3-5 days. On that link there is another link to a blighted ovum page which explains that HCGs continue to rise because the placenta continues to grow and support it self for a while despite the fact there is no baby."

But i have read stories of women who have babies magically appear much later than usual, however these stories never give details on how accurate their dates were as they could quite simply be 2 weeks behind what they think. They also don't give any measurements of the empty sac which could indicate if it was just their dates or not.

There are miracles... babies are miracles! Thoughts and prayers are with you, hun! :hugs: :hugs:

Precious - I really feel for you hun:flower:

I am going through the same thing I am having my third u.s tomorrow to see if my baby has magically appeared.

I have been bleeding for nearly a fortnight though (so it is not looking good for me :cry:)

What I was told is for anything to be visible the sac needs to be at least 20mm. - my sac was 15mm at one scan and 17mm at the second (so again not looking good for me):cry:

In your position I would ask for another ultrasound in a week (HCG levels are not always reliable now).

Also hun do not let anyone talk you into anything make sure you are 100% sure, the not knowing is the hardest and I should know.:cry:

I hope you also get your Miracle Baby sending lots of hugs your way.

:hugs:

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"