January Jellybeans 2013!...

Ugh, Garfie my heart goes out to you, i am gutted for you hon, soooooo sorry to hear that you are going thru this! :hugs:

Sorry also to the other ladies having a difficult time.

Good luck to the other ladies with scans today!

Garfie- I am so sorry hun... :hugs: wish there was something I could say to help. :cry:

Chatty- I am sorry to hear about twin #2, I can't begin to imagine how you feel. but I am elated that twin #1 is so strong!

My thoughts are with you

So sorry Garfie! :hugs: to you. I hope that you heal fast and I hope that you get your baby soon!

Chatty B - your post brought tears to my eyes. I'm so glad to hear twin #1 is doing well and I'm sorry for the loss of twin #2. I love that you will have a picture of the two together. That is so very special.

Little J - Good luck at your scan today! Can't wait to see your scans later.

Melly- be thankful you have no MS!! UGH I wish I could be so lucky. It is not something you want. Trust me. BLEH! There are plenty of women who have very healthy babies without MS .... MS should be against biological rules. :haha:

Is it just me or have you seen a lime smaller than a plum? I'm wondering about this mutant plum....

Wow AJ! That's SUCH a clea piccy of your bub <3!

Betheney- I've changed my ticker and due date back to Jan 1st from the 8th. When you get a chance if you want to change me on the first page.. At last ultrasound they told me Jan 1st again. I was going to wait til my dr appt before changing it on here again, but even if he makes it the 8th I will have the baby before then because I plan on being induced. So I'm sticking with the first.. :haha:

Were you induced before? It's generally not as bad the second time round but my GOD I'd do ANYTHING to avoid it again. I'll go as over as I can (unless baby is as big as before). By my third pessary they told me I could wait two days and either have another go or opt for a c-section and I was basically shouting c-section - which I was previously terrfied of! The pitocin...the pessaries...the digging for potatos in my vag :wacko:...please not again.

For prenatals I'm taking folic acid, omega oil capsules and floradix.

I was induced last pregnancy the day before my due date because of gestational diabetes. I had zero contractions that I had felt before going in. They started my pitocin at about 11am and I had her at 8:20pm. I did it without pain medication. It was rough at one point because the pitocin was working too well. :haha: but I know now what to expect and I welcome it this time. :flower:

I'm going to try to go au natural with this labor and delivery if they'll let me. I don't know if they will, being epileptic and all, but I'm going to try for it.

Ladies I would like opinions please,, i have an appointment for a filling ob said it was ok but I'm freaking out not sure which is more of a risk. Have any of you had dental work done before?

I did gas and air with Eva then had the almighty useless pethadine about 1.5hrs before delivery and labour sucked so effing bad there's no way i'm doing it without an epi this time. I'm having that needle in my back the moment i get there, no way i'm enduring the horrendousness of labour twice. I did it once, i'll take the drugs next times thanks.

I'm going to try to go au natural with this labor and delivery if they'll let me. I don't know if they will, being epileptic and all, but I'm going to try for it.

I have a friend whose epileptic and she only had a couple of seizures if that a year, her seizures are triggered by pain, the doctors told her the pain from the recovery of a c-section would trigger more seizures than the pain from a natural birth so she went natural and had 8 seizures during labour then it ended in an emergency c-section and only had i think 2 seizures during the recovery of the c-section. Everyone admitted afterwards it should of always been a planned c-section.

I did gas and air with Eva then had the almighty useless pethadine about 1.5hrs before delivery and labour sucked so effing bad there's no way i'm doing it without an epi this time. I'm having that needle in my back the moment i get there, no way i'm enduring the horrendousness of labour twice. I did it once, i'll take the drugs next times thanks.

I have a friend whose epileptic and she only had a couple of seizures if that a year, her seizures are triggered by pain, the doctors told her the pain from the recovery of a c-section would trigger more seizures than the pain from a natural birth so she went natural and had 8 seizures during labour then it ended in an emergency c-section and only had i think 2 seizures during the recovery of the c-section. Everyone admitted afterwards it should of always been a planned c-section.

I haven't had a seizure in over a year and before that, I was on anti-seizure meds that seem to actually make me have seizures. Pain doesn't make me have seizures, but even if I get the go ahead from a doctor, there's no guarantee a midwife will take on the potential risk.

Ladies I would like opinions please,, i have an appointment for a filling ob said it was ok but I'm freaking out not sure which is more of a risk. Have any of you had dental work done before?

just make sure you tell your dentist your pregnant. But getting a filling wont harm your baby at all, your gums may bleed a tad more then normal tho (depending on where they do the filling) but dont allow them to do Xrays! They would know better not to tho if u said u were pregnant.

I had my fair share of fillings with i was younger as well as a route canal when i was 12. Its not too bad, just more annoying sitting there than anything

I've never had a cavity, so I have no idea how that all works in pregnancy.

Brier what's the risk then? I researched epilepsy and pregnancy with my friend and pretty much the only risks were the medications epileptic people are on but can't go off can affect the baby but other than that there were no increased risks, other than her who pretty much only has seizures that are triggered by pain or if she doesn't take her meds, so she didn't go off them.

Brier what's the risk then? I researched epilepsy and pregnancy with my friend and pretty much the only risks were the medications epileptic people are on but can't go off can affect the baby but other than that there were no increased risks, other than her who pretty much only has seizures that are triggered by pain or if she doesn't take her meds, so she didn't go off them.

I'm hoping that's the way a midwife sees it, lol. That's how I see it. But the stress labor and delivery put on your body increases the chance of seizures. I told my OB about it and she didn't seem too concerned, especially since those who are going to have a seizure problem with pregnancy, labor and delivery tend to start from the get go, but she did say I will probably struggle with finding a midwife willing to assume the risk. I guess we'll see.

Brier, just to warn you, a friend of mine suffered epilepsy for a while (she hasn't had a seizure for about 6 years). The last seizure she had was during labour, and she thinks it's because the midwife administered her pethidine. She didn't even want pethidine, she has 4 children and delivered all the other 3 with just gas and air. She was furious and considered taking action against the midwife as she was almost 2 years clear from seizures at that point. I'm not saying the pethidine definitely caused the seizure but my friend felt it did and managed all her other births just fine.x

hey ladies

I have been stalking this thread since day one but never post as i am still having a hard time believing I am preggo!!

I am so sorry for you ladies who have suffered a loss or who are going through a hard time at the mo. :hugs:

I got the date for my first scan today, it will be Wednesday 27th and I will be 12 weeks 3 days. I thought I was looking forward to it but I seem to be freaking out, what if its bad news? What are the chances of there being something wrong?
I waited so long to get pregnant I can&#8217;t imagine losing it all now. I have had no pains or bleeding but also I have not had that many symptoms. I&#8217;m more tired and I pee more and some morning I wake up a feel like I have had a night on the booze but could that all be in my head.

I know I&#8217;m just stressing myself out but I can&#8217;t seem to calm myself down
:nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->