January Jellybeans 2013!...

Unfortunately ladies I don't have a positive update. I was able to go in early for my scan since I took the day off sick, they got me in at 12pm.

We could see the baby clearly however this time the heartbeat was no longer present. It appears that it stopped growing around 7w6d. I am pretty devastated, although there may have been hints along the way, the sudden growth spurt and heart beat that were seen last wednesday were very encouraging :( Got my hopes up for nothing and it doesn't help that my symptoms are in full force. HCG is very high as well, this combined with the fact that I leave for vacation next Friday my OB has suggested a D&C as the best management. I am scheduled to go into the hospital for this Friday morning and am petrified of the procedure.

For anyone else who may be worried about this, my ob did continuously say that it is a random chromosome fluke and that something would have been wrong with the baby and that my chances of experiencing another missed miscarriage are quite rare. He ensured me that as dh and I were already able to have a healthy child together it is absolutely not any type of genetic issue with either of us. Its hard to wrap my mind around as I am only 25 and now this is my second m/c. DS was an unplanned joyeous surprise, never thought it would be so difficult when it came down to planning one.

I am so sorry!! :hugs: I hope that you find peace and heal quickly. You will get that precious baby! Just have hope. :hugs::hugs:

Brier, just to warn you, a friend of mine suffered epilepsy for a while (she hasn't had a seizure for about 6 years). The last seizure she had was during labour, and she thinks it's because the midwife administered her pethidine. She didn't even want pethidine, she has 4 children and delivered all the other 3 with just gas and air. She was furious and considered taking action against the midwife as she was almost 2 years clear from seizures at that point. I'm not saying the pethidine definitely caused the seizure but my friend felt it did and managed all her other births just fine.x

Thanks for the information. What is pethidine? I've never heard of it. My husband offered to deliver our baby at home in the bath tub if need be, lol.

Pethidine is pain relief in the form of an injection you can have in labour. Lots of people have it rather than an epidural as its not as invasive but lots of people don't like it. Also it crosses the placenta so you can end up with a very sleepy baby for the first day or so. I only had gas and air as my labour was mercifully quick so I can't tell you any more about it really.

Mama, so sorry to hear your sad news. Please don't worry about the d&c, I have had both a natural mc and a d&c and the recovery from the d&c was a million times easier. I had no pain whatsoever afterwards. My cycle took a couple of months to get back to normal but physically you should feel ok. Take care, get rest, and again I'm so very sorry.

Hello Ladies, it's been awhile since I have been on. My Grandfather unexpectedly passed away last week, and his memorial services were over the weekend. I feel bad, as I did not get the chance to tell him we are expecting again :(

Garfie and Mama, I am so so sorry for what you are going through. Please know we are all here if you need to talk. I am positive you will both be blessed with your rainbow babies this year.

The fetal Doppler I ordered arrived today and I know from reviews online that people don't rate this particular brand only being able to hear from 22+ weeks

I couldn't hear anything but didn't think I would. As it was it only just picked up my own heart beat which is huge compared to baby's heart. I'm not too worries as didn't think I would but I would have been nice.

So sorry for your loss garfie :(

I have some bitter sweet news. I had a follow up scan yesterday morning - Twin 1 looked amazing, stretching, kicking, doing these little "hops" and body rolls, being generally very active. Twin 2 not so good - s/he passed away at about 6+5 :(. It feels really strange, one hand I feel guilty for being over the moon that twin 1 is doing well and then I feel bad about feeling gutted that twin 2 hasn't made it, when I should be celebrating still having a healthy baby.

The sonographer took some brilliant pics of twin 1 and also a very special picture that I will always treasure - one of both twins together.

Chatty, I am so sorry for the loss of Twin 2. I can imagine how torn you must feel. I am so happy they were able to give you a picture of them together. Twin 1 will always have a guardian angel.

Hi Ladies

Just to let you know my journey has come to an end.

I am having a dnc tomorrow at 8.00am:cry:

I wish you all a happy and healthy pregnancy.:happydance::happydance:

:hugs:

X

Garfie, so sorry to hear your news. x

Mama, I'm so sorry.

Chatty, I can't imagine how you must be feeling, so sorry for the loss of twin 2.

Babydust, sorry to hear of the loss of your grandfather too.

mama i'm very sorry for your loss, we're all here to help in any way we can.

Brieri I have my doubts about ultrasound dates, i measured 11w 3d and i know that must be wrong cause that would mean i ovulated cd7 which would be a day or 2 after AF stopped. The Dr. said it's not unusual to measure a week ahead or a week behind so ill be working with LMP unless i'm still ahead at my next scan.

That means my due date is now Jan. 3rd instead of 4th but it's not too serious either way.

Unfortunately ladies I don't have a positive update. I was able to go in early for my scan since I took the day off sick, they got me in at 12pm.

We could see the baby clearly however this time the heartbeat was no longer present. It appears that it stopped growing around 7w6d. I am pretty devastated, although there may have been hints along the way, the sudden growth spurt and heart beat that were seen last wednesday were very encouraging :( Got my hopes up for nothing and it doesn't help that my symptoms are in full force. HCG is very high as well, this combined with the fact that I leave for vacation next Friday my OB has suggested a D&C as the best management. I am scheduled to go into the hospital for this Friday morning and am petrified of the procedure.

For anyone else who may be worried about this, my ob did continuously say that it is a random chromosome fluke and that something would have been wrong with the baby and that my chances of experiencing another missed miscarriage are quite rare. He ensured me that as dh and I were already able to have a healthy child together it is absolutely not any type of genetic issue with either of us. Its hard to wrap my mind around as I am only 25 and now this is my second m/c. DS was an unplanned joyeous surprise, never thought it would be so difficult when it came down to planning one.

Mama - sorry to hear your news too. x

Garfie and Mama - I'm so sorry for your losses. :nope::hugs:
Chatty - sorry for your loss of twin 2.:hugs: So glad that twin 1 is doing great and how lovely that you have that precious scan pic.:cloud9:

I got work to scan me today. Little bubs was having a right old wriggle (and you could see the heart flicking away) which was lovely to see and I feel closer to him/her now. :cloud9:
Head is on the left, legs on the right and there's a little hand just above the face. :cloud9:
My 'proper' scan is 3rd July, which will be 12w5d. :thumbup:

https://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j328/HannahB78/personal/P2010w.jpg

mama i'm very sorry for your loss, we're all here to help in any way we can.

Brieri I have my doubts about ultrasound dates, i measured 11w 3d and i know that must be wrong cause that would mean i ovulated cd7 which would be a day or 2 after AF stopped. The Dr. said it's not unusual to measure a week ahead or a week behind so ill be working with LMP unless i'm still ahead at my next scan.

That means my due date is now Jan. 3rd instead of 4th but it's not too serious either way.

Some people ovulate on their period, it is possible to conceive that soon, though I'm not familiar with your cycle, so I have no idea how that works or fits in with you. For me, I do know the day of my last period, but my body was still regulating from getting off of birth control a couple months before, so I'm not entirely sure when I conceived and how far along I should be. First trimester ultrasounds, two of them 4 weeks apart, are supposed to be the most accurate. After the first trimester, the baby grows at its own rate, so a due date derived from then isn't accurate.

:cry: So sorry Mama :( it's been a sad day for this thread. Thinking of both you lovely ladis :hugs:

With my last one they brought my due date forward by 9 days! I could understand a few days as I think we conceived on our wedding night but the 9 days was crazy. Hubby told the sonographer that it must have been the immaculate conception! :rofl: she was then 5 days early, just to baffle us even more! X

Hi ladies,

I had my first ultrasound today and it was unreal! I've never had an ultrasound this early before and was blown away by how much it looked like a baby already (although in this pic it kinda looks like a turkey to me, lol)
I measured at 8+6 which would be pretty spot on as I ovulated on cd17.
Baby's heartbeat was a strong 170 bpm! :happydance:
The ultrasound tech got way better images of baby but she couldn't print any out so I had to quickly take this one with my iphone.

https://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r586/calista34/baby9weeks2b.jpg

Beautiful picture!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"