January Jellybeans 2013!...

Brier, just to warn you, a friend of mine suffered epilepsy for a while (she hasn't had a seizure for about 6 years). The last seizure she had was during labour, and she thinks it's because the midwife administered her pethidine. She didn't even want pethidine, she has 4 children and delivered all the other 3 with just gas and air. She was furious and considered taking action against the midwife as she was almost 2 years clear from seizures at that point. I'm not saying the pethidine definitely caused the seizure but my friend felt it did and managed all her other births just fine.x

Thanks for the information. What is pethidine? I've never heard of it. My husband offered to deliver our baby at home in the bath tub if need be, lol.

hey ladies

I have been stalking this thread since day one but never post as i am still having a hard time believing I am preggo!!

I am so sorry for you ladies who have suffered a loss or who are going through a hard time at the mo. :hugs:

I got the date for my first scan today, it will be Wednesday 27th and I will be 12 weeks 3 days. I thought I was looking forward to it but I seem to be freaking out, what if its bad news? What are the chances of there being something wrong?
I waited so long to get pregnant I can’t imagine losing it all now. I have had no pains or bleeding but also I have not had that many symptoms. I’m more tired and I pee more and some morning I wake up a feel like I have had a night on the booze but could that all be in my head.

I know I’m just stressing myself out but I can’t seem to calm myself down
:nope:

I have my ultrasound tomorrow and I have worries about it, too. For one, my husband keeps telling me its multiples, and even though they don't run in either of our families, its suddenly feeling like a real concern. Not that I wouldn't be excited if its twins, I would just like to start off with one baby so I can learn how to be a mom. I'm also worried that they are going to tell me I'm not as far along as I think I am since everyone on here seems to be further along than they thought, lol. I'm worried I'm going to be the one that's the opposite. My on and off morning sickness and exhaustion makes me feel like the baby is definitely still alive in there, but you never know. I'll feel a lot better when I'm looking at it tomorrow and hearing its heartbeat and they are, hopefully, confirming my dates.

I haven't had any pains or bleeding either. My sister told me having a miscarriage kind of feels like the beginning stages of labor, making it unmistakable. I know its hard, but it'll be better for you and baby if you don't stress yourself out. At this point, everything is going splendidly. :thumbup:

Tinytears - hello, welcome and congratulations.

My next scan is June 26 and I'll be 12 + 4 so very close to you in dates. I'm due jan 4.
It's totally normal to be anxious, I feel exactly as you do but have learnt to think to some extent 'what will be will be' and if it's meant to be it will.

Have you had any scans at all yet? After a heart beat is visible, around 7-8 weeks I believe your 90% less likely to miscarry than the weeks beforehand. Of course that doesn't mean there isn't any risk associated with weeks 8-12 and 12+, I am sure everything will be fine, try not to worry about it and maybe focus on the joy you'll feel when you see your little one on the screen.

I've had some early problems, suspected ectopic and bleeding so have had 3 scans so far; 4,6 and 8 weeks and have felt the same before all of them. It is natural to worry and I have everything crossed that we'll both be fine x

snowangel lucky your post was re-quoted with the tidbit of info about changing your date because i had completely forgotten. lol

It's 3am in Thurs morning for me which means i'm now 10+6 and it blows my mind that i'm 11 weeks tomorrow, where has the time GONE?!

It's 6.30pm here.

Betheney - I know we have scans on the same day, mine is 9.00am which I think will be 6pm where you are? X

Worst day ever! First time I actually have to sit on the bathroom floor because my sickness wouldn't stop...

Worst day ever! First time I actually have to sit on the bathroom floor because my sickness wouldn't stop...

i hear ya............been so nauseous last two days...........dull achy back and hip achy..........im gonna lose it if i go on friday and get bad news! ugh this is terrible!!!:wacko::wacko:

Its almost 11:30 AM on Wednesday here.. Wow, what a time difference. I love our diverse group!

Unfortunately ladies I don't have a positive update. I was able to go in early for my scan since I took the day off sick, they got me in at 12pm.

We could see the baby clearly however this time the heartbeat was no longer present. It appears that it stopped growing around 7w6d. I am pretty devastated, although there may have been hints along the way, the sudden growth spurt and heart beat that were seen last wednesday were very encouraging :( Got my hopes up for nothing and it doesn't help that my symptoms are in full force. HCG is very high as well, this combined with the fact that I leave for vacation next Friday my OB has suggested a D&C as the best management. I am scheduled to go into the hospital for this Friday morning and am petrified of the procedure.

For anyone else who may be worried about this, my ob did continuously say that it is a random chromosome fluke and that something would have been wrong with the baby and that my chances of experiencing another missed miscarriage are quite rare. He ensured me that as dh and I were already able to have a healthy child together it is absolutely not any type of genetic issue with either of us. Its hard to wrap my mind around as I am only 25 and now this is my second m/c. DS was an unplanned joyeous surprise, never thought it would be so difficult when it came down to planning one.

I'm a prune today too!! Woohoo! So when does the bloat stop? It's gotten so bad over the last few days and it's painful. I look 6 months pregnant and some of my shorts don't fit... Help!!

i am so sorry mama :hugs:

atleast your Dr. gave words of encouragement instead of just leaving you hanging in sadness. Youll get your rainbow baby this year, i know it :flower:

Silly auto correct... My shirts don't fit. Ugh.

I'm very sorry to all the ladies who have experienced sadness on this thread. My heart truly goes out to you. I have my first scan next week at 11+1 and I'm terrified that something will be out of sorts...

I'm so sorry, mama. I can only imagine what you are going through. I'm certain you'll get pregnant again soon and you'll be back here before you know it. Good luck.

I have a question. Is it better to go by your lmp due date or the ultrasound due date? From what I can tell, the first trimester ultrasound due date is better since at the point I'm at, babies grow at basically the same rate, so its easy to calculate an accurate due date, where as lmp is just a guess, but I wanted to get the opinion of you lovely ladies.

Mama - I am so sorry for your loss hun, I'm right there with you it's bloody hard isn't it?

My DnC is tomorrow wishing you luck for yours hun:flower:

Here if you want to talk hun.

:hugs:

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom