January Jellybeans 2013!...

Am I the only one with no ms? I feel left out lol!

Good luck to littlej and garfie with todays scans!

My morning sickness has gone now too. Thank goodness for small mercies, we're moving house and its hard enough packing when I'm so tired, I couldn't do it with nausea too!

With my last one they brought my due date forward by 9 days! I could understand a few days as I think we conceived on our wedding night but the 9 days was crazy. Hubby told the sonographer that it must have been the immaculate conception! :rofl: she was then 5 days early, just to baffle us even more! X

Lol.

Garfie and Mamma so very sorry to hear of your sad news, you both have that little bubba you deserve very soon. I too have had a MC and it is devestating, just make sure you look after yourselves, big hugs to you both xxx.

I am feeling a little weird today and not too sure how to feel, although it was good news about the HCG levels, I was told its rare not see anything at 6 weeks on the scan and I had both types of scans, however, the sonographer said the sac measured 5 weeks 5 days!!! Has anyone else experienced this and all was OK! I am soo hoping for that little heartbeat next Friday xxx

Mama so sorry for ur loss my heart goes out to u and ur family

Migraine for 2 days in a row so I'm not too happy about that I can't even nap today:( the sickness and wanting to throw up every 2 seconds doesn't help but tomorrow is first appointment and I'm praying to be able to hear heartbeat just to make me feel better :)

Lorna - i had a scan at 5weeks3days..........they only saw a gestational sac..........i go back on on friday......let you know how it goes.

Lorna - i had a scan at 5weeks3days..........they only saw a gestational sac..........i go back on on friday......let you know how it goes.

Hi Mammaspath, will be thinking of you on Friday and hope you see that gorgeous little heartbeat!! And lets hope our little bubbas were just a little shy :flower:

Migraine for 2 days in a row so I'm not too happy about that I can't even nap today:( the sickness and wanting to throw up every 2 seconds doesn't help but tomorrow is first appointment and I'm praying to be able to hear heartbeat just to make me feel better :)

I'm sorry you've been feeling crappy, Kaiecee. I can't wait to hear how your appointment goes!!!:hugs:

On another note: Has anyone here ever done any research on unassisted homebirth?? Or know anyone who has had one? My last experience with a midwife wasn't exactly the best, ended up in the hospital, even though I delivered naturally.. It still isn't where I wanted to be. Just wondering what or if you ladies had any thoughts??

Ty and for sure ill let u know ASAP tomorrow fingers crossed for me :)

So sorry for the losses. It just hurts my heart as I know how big my fear is and I can't even imagine the pain if it were realized. I am hoping you ladies are back here soon!

I have my 4th ultrasound tomorrow. I am so nervous, just hope all is ok and we see a strong heartbeat again. The doc were worried about the sac last time, so I hope that is has grown with the baby.

One other thing that the OB told me is that when they measure the baby during the u/s, the error margin is +/- 3 to 5 days, so if you are measuring a few days ahead or behind, totally normal and this can be on top of your days of ovulation from day 14.

Are you planning on moving the thread to second trimester at some point?

Deedee the thread isn't in First Tri, it's in 'pregnancy groups and discussions' so will stay there the remainder of our pregnancies.

It started in first tri because i asked if there were any other people due around the same time as me and we can compare symptoms and i think mods moved it to pregnancy groups and discussions within 1 day. So i rechanged the format to one that more suited this section of the forum (due dates page 1) So here it shall stay :)

La mere i'm terrified of all home births, they're pretty uncommon in Australia and combined with alot of negative press with baby after baby after baby dying.

I'm sorry you've been feeling crappy, Kaiecee. I can't wait to hear how your appointment goes!!!:hugs:

On another note: Has anyone here ever done any research on unassisted homebirth?? Or know anyone who has had one? My last experience with a midwife wasn't exactly the best, ended up in the hospital, even though I delivered naturally.. It still isn't where I wanted to be. Just wondering what or if you ladies had any thoughts??

I have quite a strong opinion on home births. Hopefully I don't offend anyone, just my opinion!! As I've mentioned before, I am a labor nurse. I do my very best to give my patients the birth experience that they envision, whether it be natural, with an epidural, or a c-section if necessary. As nurses we are often the advocates for our patients when it comes to the physicians making decisions. However, I have seen things go terribly wrong very quickly, and it becomes an emergency. Based on what I've seen, home births, assisted or not, make me uneasy. An example from a few weeks ago:
A patient began pushing after complete dilation. Her labor was uncomplicated, she did it without an epidural, and the fetal heart rate was great the whole time. With the first push, the heart rate went crashing down to around 40 (normal is 110-160). No intervention worked to bring the heart rate back up. They ended up doing an emergency c-section, it only took a few minutes to get the baby out, and the baby was born without a pulse. Thank God the NICU was able to resuscitate the baby, but he was hospitalized for a week. The doctors say that if it had taken just two minutes longer, the baby wouldn't have made it. This patient had refused an IV at the beginning, but was convinced to at least have one placed and get no fluids. The time to place that IV had she not gotten it prior could have cost her the baby. Some interventions such an IV are truly in the best interest of the baby's safety.
I know that many, many women have had births at home and have beautiful natural deliveries. However, it is situations like this, even as rare as they are, that would make me not want to take that risk with me and my unborn child.

great news!! my scan went perfect!!! so excited, i measured exactly what i expected!! :happydance::happydance:

my little gummie bear had a cute heartbeat with 130BPM!
I almost started crying, and hubby teared up, i can say this is one of the BEST moments of my life.

Thanks for all the support ladies! I can somewhat relax now

On another note, my heart truly hurts for all the ladies who got bad news today. What a sad day on here. :cry:
Garfie, Mama, Chatty, may you find peace through this and your hearts heal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->