January Jellybeans 2013!...

great news!! my scan went perfect!!! so excited, i measured exactly what i expected!! :happydance::happydance:

my little gummie bear had a cute heartbeat with 130BPM!
I almost started crying, and hubby teared up, i can say this is one of the BEST moments of my life.

Thanks for all the support ladies! I can somewhat relax now
Yayy! So glad it all went well! Did you get a pic?

Els1022 i did write a long thing about home birthing but deleted it in case i too was offending anyone. lol.

but here it is

In Australia homebirths in general are extremely uncommon and i'm down right petrified of them, there's a big stigma attached to them here and there are CONSTANTLY bad stories in the news about them like i said baby after baby after baby dying, the latest one is 3 separate babies from 3 separate pregnancies were ALL found by the coroner would have lived without a doubt had they been in a hospital setting with a cesarean section. The laws in Australia are getting harder and harder for women to have home births and midwives to be able to do them so it's forcing women to go unassisted which is creating more bad news, i know one huge Australian homebirth advocator Janet Fraser had an unassisted birth and her baby died, they're now battling it out with authorities as she said during the emergency call about the baby breathing or cord pulsing or something but babies who are born alive receive autopsies and she doesn't want one done obviously as it can damage the reputation of home birthing so they're trying to fight she was delirious and confused during the call and the baby was in fact a stillborn.

I just beleive that no one can predict your labour.... a friend of mine loves the idea of a home birth and nearly got one for her first but being her first had it in hospital instead, thankfully she did because after a very standard smooth labour she's hemorrhaged badly and needed emergency surgery..... I have no doubt that smooth labours can be performed successfully at home but.... no one can predict your birth will be smooth. What about Caroline Lovell another public advocate for home births who was constantly lobbying the govt for the laws to change who had successfully already had one smooth birth only to go into cardiac arrest during her home birth of her second daughter and died the next day, the inquest is under way as to why the cardiac arrest happened but they suspect sever hemorrhaging i believe.

So of course even unassisted home birthing seems way too dangerous to me. The above 3 stories were all published this year in 2012 in a country with only a 0.3% home birth rate. These were also only published because they're the extremist stories, 2 tragedies from 2 separate advocators and then 3 baby all guaranteed to live via c-section. But it makes me wonder about all the untold stories.

But i know it's a lot more common in other countries and the success rates are really high. But i just can't get over that fear. I have complete respect for women who do it and wouldn't never badger a stranger about it but if someone i knew told me they were doing it i would cry and beg them not to. But like i said this is the GENERAL attitude towards home births in Australia and the rates in Aus are only 0.3% compared to somewhere like England which is 2.5%

I have read a few unassisted home birthing stories that do seem rather magical in the birth stories section of BnB, but maybe they glorify it a bit and you still have to think about the risks. Have you read many of them? The women who wrote them would probably be happy to give you any info you wanted.

great news!! my scan went perfect!!! so excited, i measured exactly what i expected!! :happydance::happydance:

I almost started crying, and hubby teared up, i can say this is one of the BEST moments of my life.

YAY! I have been checking back since this afternoon waiting to hear. I'm so glad that you have your good news! :) :hugs::hugs:

I've never thought home births were a good idea and especially not without medically trained professionals. To each his own though. I know from my experience with DD, had I not been in a hospital, I have no idea what would have happened to me. I had a normal pregnancy and everything looked fine. I went into labor on my own on her due date and things progressed pretty normal. However, getting into pushing time, my daughter started to get stuck ... the nurse was literally putting her hand between my daughters head and the inside of me trying to get her out. Finally after getting her out, I ripped on the inside up on top near my urethra and needed stitches ... besides that I had so many blood clots on the inside that they were having to literally rake all the clots out after they got her out. Nothing showed that this is something that would happen. I had a happy and healthy pregnancy and I am very thankful the medical staff was there to get me all fixed back up. Like I said, every person should have a choice about their birth plan but for the sake of a healthy baby and a healthy mom, I think that hospitals are a much better place to be or at the very least, a very well trained staff should be with you. I would definitely do lots of research. Talk to all kinds of people who had both good and bad experiences. Know all the facts and details and what all a home birth would require. What would happened if an emergency did arrive. Things like that.
Again this is just my opinion. Every person has to know what is best for them and what will make their experience the best. Definitely not trying to offend anyone. Just lending my story out there.

Yay for a good scan LittleJ!! We are due some good news in here.

As for home birth, I am considering one too with a midwife present, babies and mothers die all the time in hospitals too so birth has risks either way. To each her own though, it is a decision only you can make, noone can make it for you. Just research all your options and do what is best for you.

If my first birth hadn't been in a hospital I hate to think what would have happened. I had placenta previa which wasn't discovered until I was fully dilated and I also haemmoraged and needed transfusions. I wouldn't risk it.
Not to mention cleaning up the mess afterwards, no thanks! It looked like the scene of a horror movie after my first birth, I wouldn't want my poor husband cleaning that up :)

I'm so sorry for your losses, Ladies! It really breaks my heart. No women should endure the loss of a child. :hugs:
Little J: So, happy to hear your scan went perfect! I've been checking in for your update periodically today! :happydance:
Homebirth isn't for me!

If my first birth hadn't been in a hospital I hate to think what would have happened. I had placenta previa which wasn't discovered until I was fully dilated and I also haemmoraged and needed transfusions. I wouldn't risk it.
Not to mention cleaning up the mess afterwards, no thanks! It looked like the scene of a horror movie after my first birth, I wouldn't want my poor husband cleaning that up :)

Undiagnosed placenta previa!!!! How effing scary.

Wohoo,I'm so happy for you!!

Sorry miss read last thread,that's what i get with trying to do too much at once,i did have a vbac but i have had 3 sections now so there is no way they would allow me to labour

Well after seeing the doctor today i still feel that things are not looking good here.. Finally got to actually see the u/s pics... definitely nothing in there. u/s was done vaginally as well to make sure. Still nothing. Gest sac measured 6w 3days and i was exactly 8 on the day. volk sac measured 4.9mm so not the best... no fetal pole developed..... :( Talk about devastation.....
But the doc is sending me for bloods mon and wed and back to go over results on Thursday!!! God i just want answers... but i have spoken to multiple experienced midwives, nurses and docs and they have all told me honestly that the chance of it appearing is VERY unlikely.......
WHY IS THE WORLD SO CRUEL!!!!! I have never felt so hollow. :(

Attachments

• scan.jpg
    scan.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 20
Mummy to be - sorry to hear that, sending you special thoughts right now x

I've had some very strong tummy pains this morning, especially if I move or twist, in lower admoninal area. Not sure what's going on. x

Well after seeing the doctor today i still feel that things are not looking good here.. Finally got to actually see the u/s pics... definitely nothing in there. u/s was done vaginally as well to make sure. Still nothing. Gest sac measured 6w 3days and i was exactly 8 on the day. volk sac measured 4.9mm so not the best... no fetal pole developed..... :( Talk about devastation.....
But the doc is sending me for bloods mon and wed and back to go over results on Thursday!!! God i just want answers... but i have spoken to multiple experienced midwives, nurses and docs and they have all told me honestly that the chance of it appearing is VERY unlikely.......

So so sorry to hear what has happened today and you are right the world does seem cruel at times. Hopefully you may still have that miracle baby xxx

I am feeling very nervous about my scan next Friday were I will also be 8 weeks and so hope not to still see a empty sac. Baby dust to you and FX for some answers soon xx

So sorry mummy2be, I don't want to give you false hope as that is pretty much what happened to me 4 times in a row but I really hope that your dates are out and things turn around for you soon. :hugs:

I am so sorry to hear about all the losses this week. My heart truly hurts for you ladies, as I know exactly what you are going through. There is nothing anyone can say to make you feel any better or to make the pain go away. Just know that time will heal pain, but you will never forger.

So sorry hun..

Awe so glad it went well:). Hubby went the first time to see baby with me yesterday and there baby was! Moving and all! He was amazed and whenhe heard the hesrtbeat his eyes lit up, i cried happy tears the rest of the day over it lol... Heartbeat is 174 bpm!:happydance:

Still update us hun on how your bloods go! i really don't want to mark you down as a mc :(

Yes i have pics, but ill try and post a little later, it just looks like a blob :haha:

The Dr. first did my US abdominally bc the probe wasnt ready yet and you could see the baby and the heart flicker!! I was shocked bc im still so early, but you could see it better with the transvaginal. The baby implanted at the anterior part of my uterus (the front part) which is why i think we were able to see it thru the abdomen right away. Which makes me think im going to get ALOT of kicks coming in the near future!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->