January Jellybeans 2013!...

Or you can get your wages garnished if you don't pay. My Dr. is nice though and we set up a payment plan thats paid off a month before delivery. After that we just had the hospital bill and they let us make payments on that also.

My sister has two kids and over $10,000 in bills and they let her make payments. I know some people have to go bankrupt or get there debt consolidated. I've also known some to make settlements for less than they owe if it goes past a certain amount of time. If they pay a large sum at once.

Hi Ladies

Just to let you all know the DnC went well - and now it is all over :cry:

Physically I am fine however emotionally that will take a lot longer.

I want to wish you all a happy and healthy pregnancy, and to let you know as I don't have a January Jelly Bean anymore I will be pulling away from this thread (although I may pop in from time to time to see how you are all doing).:winkwink:

I want to thank you all for your love and support through my difficult journey and let you all know I am not giving up we will try again it's just going to take time to get my head around things.:cry:

Good luck ladies

:hugs:

X

From being on both ends of the american system...heres how it usually works... When i was young my parents didnt have a lot of money and basically i had no insurance and then i was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes.. I was life flighted and was in the hospital for two weeks so u can imagine the hospital bill! About 5,000 per day in icu and my life flight a lone was 5,000... We contacted the hospital and told them the situation that there was no way we could afford this... Beleive it or not, the hospital put it into their "charity" and we never saw or heard of the money again, they simply wrote it off!

So from the age of 15 to 21 i was on medical assistance bc iwas now only under my mothers care and had type 1 diab..it was a life saver.... I got a full time job and eventually didnt need the medical assistance anymore... I will say for the ppl who dont abuse the governments care it is a wonderful thing!

Im now under my hubbies insurance..our co pay for the year is 500$ deductible and 50$ for specialty doctors office visits like the ob/gyn.... The only time i had to pay the 50$ was my very first visit and no other time... We are on a payment plan for our deductible ofthe 500$ throuhout the pregnancy! I dont know what id do without insurance!

I will also say...although the healthcare in the us isnt ideal.... I am always seen noatter what and if i request to be seen at my ob's office that day, they see me immediately! I never have to wait for anything unless of course the waiting room is oacked to the max in the e.r.

summer- im am so sorry:hugs: my heart deeply goes out to you....

holy cow, so lastnight i was a store and all of a sudden i had a horrible quick pain in my tummy, i got super scared bc right away i thought of baby.... then 2 seconds later... i had to run to the bathroom bc i had diarhea! I really hope it was just from that and baby is ok.

I hate how BM cramps/pains are hard to decifer from others!

yay to all the ladies taht went up a fruit!! :happydance:

I know i saw my little one on wednesday but i cant WAIT to see him again. My next scan is July 17th! It feels SO far away!

ladies, is it jsut me or do others feel that sometimes being on here causes more stress? I know we are all here for support from eachother, but the more and more i see sad stories i start getting less confident about my baby making it. Normally, seeing the heartbeat i would be SUPER confident and think things are good to go, but with seeing all this other information of other women losing their babies scares the crap outta me and makes me worry ill be one of them.

I mean i always knew its never 100%, but i honestly felt like it was a shoe-in after seeing a heartbeat... now im making myself super nervous and scared once again...:nope:

I feel the same way as you! I have seen jellybeans heartbeat 3 times the last being last week and all has been great, but lately my symptoms are disappearing and reading all threads or even google I am starting to scare myself about a missed miscarriage. My heart truly goes out to everyone who is having a tough time right now, and I want to help support them, but I have to try not stress because that can hurt the baby. I never knew being pregnant was this hard.

ladies, is it jsut me or do others feel that sometimes being on here causes more stress? I know we are all here for support from eachother, but the more and more i see sad stories i start getting less confident about my baby making it. Normally, seeing the heartbeat i would be SUPER confident and think things are good to go, but with seeing all this other information of other women losing their babies scares the crap outta me and makes me worry ill be one of them.

I mean i always knew its never 100%, but i honestly felt like it was a shoe-in after seeing a heartbeat... now im making myself super nervous and scared once again...:nope:

Little J , i do agree with you
as we are here for support sometimes i get scared also!! :hugs:

Hey Lauren, my doctor told me to STOP googling things,,, he said its not good for me to read the info out there as alot of it is untrue and unfounded!!! stay positiv and dont stress your lil jellybean needs you to be healthy...good luck and congrats on your :bfp: were only 2 days off !!
I feel the same way as you! I have seen jellybeans heartbeat 3 times the last being last week and all has been great, but lately my symptoms are disappearing and reading all threads or even google I am starting to scare myself about a missed miscarriage. My heart truly goes out to everyone who is having a tough time right now, and I want to help support them, but I have to try not stress because that can hurt the baby. I never knew being pregnant was this hard.

O MAN ,....BW cramps scare the hell outta me, the first time i got them i was calling my mid wife cuz like you said the first thing you think of is baby, but then you relieve yourself and everythings better but its still kinda scary.....
i have a scan in 4 days, i havent had one in a month soo im excited......mmake sure you post your next scan :)
summer- im am so sorry:hugs: my heart deeply goes out to you....

holy cow, so lastnight i was a store and all of a sudden i had a horrible quick pain in my tummy, i got super scared bc right away i thought of baby.... then 2 seconds later... i had to run to the bathroom bc i had diarhea! I really hope it was just from that and baby is ok.

I hate how BM cramps/pains are hard to decifer from others!

yay to all the ladies taht went up a fruit!! :happydance:

I know i saw my little one on wednesday but i cant WAIT to see him again. My next scan is July 17th! It feels SO far away!

LaMere- I, like Betheney, would still like to hear about your homebirth ideas! Just because I don't necessarily agree with it personally doesn't mean I wouldn't support you. Please share! :thumbup:

Betheney- In terms of health care in the U.S., I think there are major problems. I didn't have health insurance through my job when my daughter was born. She was in the NICU for 9 days (born at 32 weeks) and the bill was over $15,000. I didn't qualify for medicaid even though at the time I was barely making enough to pay the rent. Then when my boys were born early I did qualify for medicaid (3 in the family including my daughter put us in a different income range) and thank God for that because they were in the NICU for a month and it would have been a six-figure amount that I would've owed.
I just think it's wrong that the people who are paying taxes into the system don't qualify for assistance because their income doesn't fall under a ridiculously low amount. However, at the hospital I work at we get many women who travel here a month before they are due, from various countries all over the world, to have their babies in the U.S. Their babies qualify for medicaid right away because they are U.S. citizens, so they get the whole hospital stay paid for and then they go back home. Of course I support people immigrating here, but in my opinion these ladies are abusing the system...
I have decent insurance now, but I got a $500 hospital bill for my son when he needed a catscan. And that was after insurance paid their part. :wacko:

:cry: Oh garfie, I'm so sorry. :hugs: I will miss you and hope that you get a bfp soon with a sticky baby. I hope you find comfort in knowing that you have your own personal angels in heaven, watching over you. They will help you through this and with getting that rainbow you deserve. Please take care of yourself.

yes, i dont google anymore at all! Just for that reason.... causes for stress/concern than helps.

Im get worried when my symptoms fade as well.... but im trying to stay positive as iv been told that normal. I also get a little worried im not having full blown MS like others.... i mean, i get a little nauseous here and there, but nothing that makes me actually vomit. My Dr. said women get sick others dont at all and both ways are perfectly normal.

One of my guyfriends wives posted on facebook after their first scan saying they were pregnant and shes almost 20 weeks now..... Hubby and i are scared to tell everyone just yet just in case until our 12 weeks scan.. i want to shout it from the roof tops bc i am so thrilled but its just a scary time.

I bought some baby clothes (neutral colors) as a celebration after the scan, but when i was looking thru them it felt sureal... it almost felt like i was shopping for someone else. I just hope everything works out... for all of us

garfie- im glad things went well with the procedure, im still very sorry you had to go thru that....:hugs: hopefully u never have to suffer a loss EVER again

My Mom has already bought me a couple baby things, neutral outfits, I have such a hard time imaginging it.... It feels surreal and I've had a scan....
I'm still deciding on telling at 12 weeks or 13.... It's so difficult!
Plus I won't have another scan for a while, possibly many weeks, more than 4 for sure! :(

Yea I think the cost of healthcare in America is outrageous. It always has been. The guidelines for falling into getting the free medicaid help is basically so low that it is hard for normal people to get on it. When I was pregnant with DD, I was able to get on it because I was pregnant and DH didn't make very much at all. I was thankful then because the hospital bill for delivery and everything that comes with it was over $10,000. Now I might be able to swing the medicaid again just because I am pregnant but I have insurance through my husbands job and it is very awesome. We have a $500 deductible with $2000 out of pocket for the year and they cover 90% .. also I think we pay about $100 a month for it. It might be less.

Here your husband or significant other (whoever) gets to stay with you at the hospital. It isn't extra. All the rooms have pull out sleeper beds for them to sleep in. Funny though because DH is 6'3 and these beds are not really made for tall people! lol!

I am not fond of hospitals but thankfully I was lucky with DD. There was only the 1 doctor ... or actually I think she was a midwife ... and 1 nurse. Unfortunately I found her to be a complete moron in the process. She wasn't actually my doctor. She worked for their office and she was on call when I went in to deliver. I don't like how they do that. If I spend 9 months with 1 doctor then I want that doctor in there. Stupid really. It's like what is the point of me choosing a doctor just to maybe not have her/him deliver my baby?

Yesterday I got a few hours of sanity from my ms. I spent all the time cleaning my house because I could not stand it anymore. I think I overdid it and hurt my back but the house was insane. I will be relaxing all of today. I hope that my ms lightens up for this weekend as it is our anniversary. My mom is coming to pick up DD today for her to spend the weekend at her house. I will enjoy getting to rest for a couple of days. I know DH wants to desperately go out for our anniversary but I doubt it will happen. I'm hoping I feel better at least one night and perhaps we can have a nice dinner out somewhere.

Garfie - I'm glad that you posted an update. I am sorry you had to go through that but I am glad that you will be trying again. :hugs:

My symptoms are tailing off now too and it worries me slightly. Still got my sore boobs and tiredness though.

My heart goes out to you garfie,i had a d&c in 1998,i had a beautiful healthy baby boy in 99 it will happen for you hun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->