January Jellybeans 2013!...

Got my first big kick today!!! I was feeling baby dancing around and I poked it .... then it kicked me! HAHAHA! LOVE LOVE :cloud9:

Ok, I need some pointers. I am dealing with some MAJOR constipation! I never had this problem with my twin pregnancy. I eat pretty well, have a fruit smoothie every morning, fiber etc. Nothing is helping. What do I take?

I'm going to be offline for a few days while we move house, probably back early next week. I'm way too tired to be packing up my house but fighting through it. So grateful I'm not nauseous too.
Keep well while I'm gone everyone and I hope all scans go well! I have my next one on 4 July and can't wait!

I can't wait for my scan on Thursday so I can finally announce to people! I work for a grocery store and I was in yesterday and one of the cashiers looked at me and was "Girl, you pregnant?" (She's a little sassy!). I told her no but felt bad because then she felt bad about it! I don't have a big bump but I'm a size US14 and I think as the baby needs more room all my fluff is moving up and looking more like a bump. Although, some of the girls at work have said that the last couple days I look like I've "popped".

Since I'm on the topic of work I wanted to contribute to the health insurance conversation. The US has a bad reputation for a reason but I find that I'm very lucky. I work for a company consistently ranked as one of the best to work for in the country. I've had health insurance since I met the requirements as a part timer. Now as a full timer I still pay very little for my premium. My deductible and out of pocket are not outrageous. I had my hip replaced two and a half years ago (I used to be a professional dancer!) and after a botched first surgery at our local hospital I opted to go into NYC to have my hip done by one of the leading surgeons for dancers. I paid the same to do that as I would have should I have stayed with the local doctor. I'm not trying to rub in the fact that I have good coverage but just wanted to show that there are good health plans here in the US. I think its a crime that not all companies offer the same to their employees.

I can't wait for my scan on Thursday so I can finally announce to people! I work for a grocery store and I was in yesterday and one of the cashiers looked at me and was "Girl, you pregnant?" (She's a little sassy!). I told her no but felt bad because then she felt bad about it! I don't have a big bump but I'm a size US14 and I think as the baby needs more room all my fluff is moving up and looking more like a bump. Although, some of the girls at work have said that the last couple days I look like I've "popped".

Since I'm on the topic of work I wanted to contribute to the health insurance conversation. The US has a bad reputation for a reason but I find that I'm very lucky. I work for a company consistently ranked as one of the best to work for in the country. I've had health insurance since I met the requirements as a part timer. Now as a full timer I still pay very little for my premium. My deductible and out of pocket are not outrageous. I had my hip replaced two and a half years ago (I used to be a professional dancer!) and after a botched first surgery at our local hospital I opted to go into NYC to have my hip done by one of the leading surgeons for dancers. I paid the same to do that as I would have should I have stayed with the local doctor. I'm not trying to rub in the fact that I have good coverage but just wanted to show that there are good health plans here in the US. I think its a crime that not all companies offer the same to their employees.

I completely agree with the health care issue!

did you set your date to find out? I will set it on Monday when I go for my 12w scan which is now 12w5d because they moved me up!

I go to ob next tues and suppose i will set it up then

I figured there would be good health care companies. But I can't believe you have to pay for health care at all. I would want an amazing health care plan if I was bloody paying for it and I can't get over what happens to all the people who can't get health care. I just feel like the value of everyone's health and well being depends on how much they earn.

I figured there would be good health care companies. But I can't believe you have to pay for health care at all. I would want an amazing health care plan if I was bloody paying for it and I can't get over what happens to all the people who can't get health care. I just feel like the value of everyone's health and well being depends on how much they earn.

Very good point! Before i could afford insurance...i made too much money to get state help but not enough to afford health insurance...it sucked! But we cam afford good health care now and im glad! Because i dont know what id do without it

My scan went perfect... Showed perfect blob, with strong healthy heartbeat, and beautiful round sac. I measured 6 days ahead and Dr. set my due date to January 20. So, as of now I'm 9 weeks, 2 days pregnant. I told him I ovulated on May 5. He said must have been early implant. I said I would've got my BFP at 4dpo. He said "We're going with January 20." I said, but I don't want it changed back later. He said as long as I'm measuring within 2 weeks, he wouldn't change it.

We'll see how I measure at 13 weeks! As my next scan is July 17. I really don't care... As I'm so happy to have a viable pregnancy! :) YAYYYAYYAYAY!

I cried before I went in the office. Dr. did adominal scan, saw a blurry blob. I asked if all was ok? He said... he didn't know yet. I cried... Then he did the swab testing. Then vaginal ultrasound showed my beautiful baby! :) My Dr. has such old ultrasound equipment. It is nice though that we aren't charged for ultrasound use in office. I will get nicer scans later... Just so happy to see all is perfect. :)

My Dr. doesn't give early scan pics. DH was to memorized to take a picture. So, its like DD... The first picture in our minds forever, saw by just us. Guess, thats kind of romantic.

I don't mind paying for health insurance because the amount I pay is so small and I have great coverage. Health care isn't cheap...my hip replacement was over $60,000 and I paid a tiny fraction of that. I was on a plan with a previous employer where I paid nothing but I paid more in co-pays, etc. I've also been on Cobra paying $300+ a month so this current plan is a dream come true!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->