January Jellybeans 2013!...

Deedee i can't find a hb either. Can find mine on either side of my pelvis where there is obv a pulse but not the baby's which would prob be 160 or something. Maybe too early?

Ducky that is an amazing scan!!! Cant believe you can see baba's little fingers lol xx

Beautiful scan, ducky!! I love the little fingers waving!

Omg ducky what an amazing scan pic, the perfect little hand is so clear! Wow!

I have resisted the urge to buy a Doppler. Im actually excited about waiting to hear it at my next midwife appointment. I know if I had one at home I'd use it constantly and if I couldn't find a hb I'd be in a mad panic, and after my previous mcs I so want to just enjoy this pregnancy.

I stop taking my progesterone next week, I'm slightly nervous to say the least!

Have any of you girls got any round ligament pain yet? Like very uncomfortable stretching feelings and sharp pains? They're taking my breath away and I'm having to sit / lie down!

Congratulations Sonia! :cloud9:

yep I've been getting that - especially when I cough, sneeze and roll over in bed! Ouch!

So I had my scan today... the good news is that Jellybean is "growing beautifully" (looks like it was measuring at 12w 2d? going by the details on screen!). We saw it's arms, legs, head, brain, heart and spine! Only problem is Jellybean was sitting bolt upright so they couldn't do the NT scan!

So they sent me off for a 10min brisk walk with DF... Did that, came back, and tried attempt two - it was a bit better but Jellybean must've flipped over completely LOL. Still wasn't in the right pozzy to have the NT measured... they got me to cough quite heavily (not a problem for me atm I tell ya) and roll over completely on the bed but the sonographer thinks Jellybean had decided it was time for a snooze LOL.

I reckon it was too busy showing off to Mummy & Daddy how much it has grown! :) Sooooooo the verdict... is I have no pics (bugger!) and I go back next Thursday for attempt two.

The sonographer also mentioned that Jellybean was holding hands at one point - nawww! ... And I saw the words "Ant Placenta" come up on the screen, but she didn't say anything to me... so I might have an anterior placenta going on? I'll ask about that next week. (I did do a google tho, curiosity got the better of me lol).

I also had my blood test today - no problem finding the vein, but then as soon as the needle went in the vein collapsed ... grrr!! ... I just did some movements with my hand (opening and closing my fist) which allowed them to collect the blood. Glad about that, I'd have freaked if they had started moving the needle around inside my vein!! EEEEK!!

So hopefully I'll have a scan pic to share with you all next Thursday! (Gonna go try and figure out how to make my first ever scan pic my avatar!)

Been for my 12 week scan. My due date is 5th January. Can you change that on the front page please?
I'll upload photos when I go onto the laptop. Baby was waving, kicking, jumping around. Had to see consultant about my blood pressure but hopefully that will settle down. Baby looks like a little boy to me, no particular reason just a gut instinct. :)

omg this is awesome...that is so adorable...your baby is waving!! look at those beautiful hands and fingers WOW!
Girls, I had my NT scan today. The tech kept saying everything was perfect! Face is perfect, NT area is perfect, spine is perfect! And heartbeat is 173! Nice and strong! I'm holding her to it. Measuring a day ahead! Boop was hiccupping, waving, trying to put fingers on the mouth, stretching, and tumbling! Here's my favorite picture of boop, waving hi! I go for my MaterniT21 test tomorrow at 10. I think everything will be okay from now on!

https://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd453/duckytwins/92f51680.jpg

YES i notice that too...when they do an abdominal its better for a fulll bladder but when they do a trans vaginal its better if your bladders empty!
they always have me come in with a fuuuuulll bladder and start with an abdominal u/s, then i empty bladder and do a trans vaginal ....i like the trans vaginal better bc i think you see more
i could totally tell a different when i had a full bladder, i could hear eevrything..... my blood flow, my heartbeat..... but after i went potty its hard for me to find much now....

gosh i wish my Dr. would just let me get another scan before my 12 week, im DIEING here!

ducky-what a cute scan!!

I cant believe its almost friday already! yay! Next week wed. is a holiday for us ladies in the US, so i took paid time off from work on next wee thursday and friday... i HOPE that makes time go by faster bc then i only have to wait 1 full week of work until my scan the following tuesday (july 17th) phew.... seemed SO long ago i had my "8 week" scan

goodluck to the ladies with scans today!!

Sassy Mum - OH has ordered me all the 50 shades books :haha:, hard to believe it was published in March and is now the greatest selling book for Kindle of ALL TIME! I can't wait to get started, but they haven't arrived yet.

The standard time to test for GD is 28 weeks, anytime before that is too early. I had a test at 24 weeks before and it came back fine, they gave me another at 28 weeks (because they had based the previous test on the wrong date :dohh:) and then I tested higher and my levels were of concern. This time I will also be 28 weeks. Considering that, it's weird that they are testing you earlier snowangel?

Deedee - honestly, It's just like being constipated and pushing out a big poo :blush:, it doesn't FEEL like it's your vagina, the senses don't allow that. Just the urge to push into your bum! The after effects are less nice, but at the time it's not so bad :)

OH touches my belly too, but it feels weird to me as there's not a bump or movement as such yet. He cannot WAIT to feel kicks etc :).
We told the news to our families and so far everyone seems happy, no negative reactions. My DS's FOB and paternal grandparents are also informed and happy for us - and that he's getting a brother or sister! So all is good, I'm so excited :happydance:

I'll be flying at 31 weeks pregnant with a toddler by the looks of things, so that'll be fun!

Greens - your pictures are fantastic! I wish we could have a collection of all the dating scan pics on the front page for comparison (in a spoiler of course!) love to see all our babies together.

Little J - so exciting you heard the heartbeat! :happydance: I'm borrowing a friends doppler but I haven't got it yet!

Rockell - I had gallstone problems (stones and inflammation) and put it down to heartburn!...learnt my lesson there too. They had ignored me once when I came in in agony, but the second time I hadn't been able to keep food down for 2 days and was in ketosis so was hospitalised.

My appetite is better but general I'm not so bothered about most food. The idea of many things still turns me.

Ducky - that's an AMAZING picture! The detail on the little hand is absolutely incredible!

I re-read the leaflet for my 20 week scan (changed from last time) for my last scan and that one my hospital have stopped advising people to come in with a full bladder? :shrug: Mine was empty last time and the pic was fantastic! Strange how the advise varies.

I am getting :pink: vibes all over this baby now. I did get :blue: ones with my son from around this time so maybe I know ;)? Or maybe bubs will surprise me and be another little man!

My nt scan the lady told me no full bladder at all.. Which im happy about... Come to think of it. I still didnt do a scan with a full bladder yet lol. Theyve all been internal!

yea vaginal ones are empty bladder, well thats what my u/s tech says..it is weird how you get different advice all over the world, but then and again there are all kinds of DIFFERENT u/s machines all over too..so everyone is different ..thats probably why we get different advice! :) :)
My nt scan the lady told me no full bladder at all.. Which im happy about... Come to think of it. I still didnt do a scan with a full bladder yet lol. Theyve all been internal!

it is weird how you get different advice all over the world, but then and again there are all kinds of DIFFERENT u/s machines all over too..so everyone is different ..thats probably why we get different advice! :) :)[:thumbup::hugs:
Sassy Mum - OH has ordered me all the 50 shades books :haha:, hard to believe it was published in March and is now the greatest selling book for Kindle of ALL TIME! I can't wait to get started, but they haven't arrived yet.

The standard time to test for GD is 28 weeks, anytime before that is too early. I had a test at 24 weeks before and it came back fine, they gave me another at 28 weeks (because they had based the previous test on the wrong date :dohh:) and then I tested higher and my levels were of concern. This time I will also be 28 weeks. Considering that, it's weird that they are testing you earlier snowangel?

Deedee - honestly, It's just like being constipated and pushing out a big poo :blush:, it doesn't FEEL like it's your vagina, the senses don't allow that. Just the urge to push into your bum! The after effects are less nice, but at the time it's not so bad :)

OH touches my belly too, but it feels weird to me as there's not a bump or movement as such yet. He cannot WAIT to feel kicks etc :).
We told the news to our families and so far everyone seems happy, no negative reactions. My DS's FOB and paternal grandparents are also informed and happy for us - and that he's getting a brother or sister! So all is good, I'm so excited :happydance:

I'll be flying at 31 weeks pregnant with a toddler by the looks of things, so that'll be fun!

Greens - your pictures are fantastic! I wish we could have a collection of all the dating scan pics on the front page for comparison (in a spoiler of course!) love to see all our babies together.

Little J - so exciting you heard the heartbeat! :happydance: I'm borrowing a friends doppler but I haven't got it yet!

Rockell - I had gallstone problems (stones and inflammation) and put it down to heartburn!...learnt my lesson there too. They had ignored me once when I came in in agony, but the second time I hadn't been able to keep food down for 2 days and was in ketosis so was hospitalised.

My appetite is better but general I'm not so bothered about most food. The idea of many things still turns me.

Ducky - that's an AMAZING picture! The detail on the little hand is absolutely incredible!

I re-read the leaflet for my 20 week scan (changed from last time) for my last scan and that one my hospital have stopped advising people to come in with a full bladder? :shrug: Mine was empty last time and the pic was fantastic! Strange how the advise varies.

I am getting :pink: vibes all over this baby now. I did get :blue: ones with my son from around this time so maybe I know ;)? Or maybe bubs will surprise me and be another little man!

They tested me early because I had it last pregnancy. They will retest at the normal 28 weeks. It can develop at any time it is usually more of an issue later in pregnancy. My friend passed her 28 week gd test and ended up with it anyways. Last pregnancy mine was diet controlled at 28 weeks but I was able to cheat, each week it got worse and by the end was on a very strict diet. :flower:

hi snowangel, i was reading the post and i was wondering what is the GD test at 28 weeks...im still learning all abbreviations...im 13weeks 3 days
They tested me early because I had it last pregnancy. They will retest at the normal 28 weeks. It can develop at any time it is usually more of an issue later in pregnancy. My friend passed her 28 week gd test and ended up with it anyways. Last pregnancy mine was diet controlled at 28 weeks but I was able to cheat, each week it got worse and by the end was on a very strict diet. :flower:

You can develop diabetes while pregnant. It goes away when u deliver. To test they have u drink a nasty orange drink to me it's like a super sweet chalky orange soda within a time limit and then u sit and wait an hour and they draw blood to see if your body tolerated it. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->