January Jellybeans 2013!...

Hey girls! I missed all the doppler chat yesterday!

Little J, glad you found the hb!!!! At about 9-10 weeks, I would literally only be able to find the hb for like 30 seconds and then the baby would move and I would lose it! You're right about the hb sounding like a fast knocking at a door. If you hear swooshing type beats that is your artery. Also try pointing the wand down towards your pelvic area on an angle instead of flat. at 9-10 weeks, I would only be able to find the hb every other day bc it was so difficult! Also, don't be scared to push fairly hard because the baby is wayyy nestled in! If you think it could be YOUR hb then check your pulse at the same time and see if the beats match up. Sounds like you did hear the hb though when you heard the knocking and esp if the rate was way up in the 180s!!!!

EEEEk best sound ever, right?!?!?!?!!

I had the GD test at 10 weeks as my father has diabetes and also because of my weight. I will have it done again at 24 weeks and 28 weeks as well

I'm going for a GD test next week... not looking forward to that at all!

Hey girls! I missed all the doppler chat yesterday!

Little J, glad you found the hb!!!! At about 9-10 weeks, I would literally only be able to find the hb for like 30 seconds and then the baby would move and I would lose it! You're right about the hb sounding like a fast knocking at a door. If you hear swooshing type beats that is your artery. Also try pointing the wand down towards your pelvic area on an angle instead of flat. at 9-10 weeks, I would only be able to find the hb every other day bc it was so difficult! Also, don't be scared to push fairly hard because the baby is wayyy nestled in! If you think it could be YOUR hb then check your pulse at the same time and see if the beats match up. Sounds like you did hear the hb though when you heard the knocking and esp if the rate was way up in the 180s!!!!

EEEEk best sound ever, right?!?!?!?!!

I KNOW! im still in disbelief that it was the HB tho, gosh y am i so negative.... when it looks and sounds like an elephant, its an elephant :haha:
Having the full bladder defo helped with hearing... i could hear my arteries on both sides and then my own HB which was slower at 89bpm. So i kept looking for 5-10 minutes and i was in my recliner chair and pushed hard by my pelvic bone in the middle and i heard a light fast knocking and the BMP jumped into the 180's i only heard it for like 10 seconds before i got too excited and lost it... haha then i couldnt find it again :dohh:

i wanted hubby to hear it bc it was so cool, but i had to pee SO bad after having a fully bladder and pushing on it. I told him id give it a week before i try again, my pelvic region is a tad sore from pushing the probe around

hubby is like "are u supposed to push that hard?" "wait i heard it!" haha when it was just the probe making a "thunk!" noise :dohh: silly guy

i really hope i can pick up the baby again for him, otherwise he will be satisfied when the Dr. finds it or if she cant either then to see baby on the US at 12 weeks

question....

is it bad of me to want to go to planned parenthood to get a US? My Dr. wont allow me to come in and get another one even tho my symptoms have dropped off (other than slight sore BB's, but im on progesterone so those cause sore BB's also) they basically said to wait until my 12 week even tho sometimes i cant sleep at night bc im worried.... they said as long as i im not bleeding/cramping heavily i should be fine

I wanna go to planned parenthood but my insurance wont cover as much as it would at my other Dr.s but I didnt know how having insurance works at planned parenthood. I know women go in there and its free but i feel like it wont for me for 1 measly scan. I dont want to lie to them and say "i just got a + HPT, im scared.. what do i do..." when all i want is a reassurance scan....and i dont wanna lie and say i dont have insruance bc i feel like they will catch me in a lie!

Please dont stress it only hurts the baby. I really had no symptoms through out my pregnancy so far. had sore boobs, nausea, fatigue, headaches, and food aversions. Around 10.5 weeks my boobs started feeling better, nausea stopped, I still do not like food to much, and my energy started coming back. When I went for my scan on Monday baby was healthy! Just remember everyone is different and some people dont get that sick sov consider yourself lucky! I am sure baby is fine and plus you heard the heartbeat on the doppler!

question....

is it bad of me to want to go to planned parenthood to get a US? My Dr. wont allow me to come in and get another one even tho my symptoms have dropped off (other than slight sore BB's, but im on progesterone so those cause sore BB's also) they basically said to wait until my 12 week even tho sometimes i cant sleep at night bc im worried.... they said as long as i im not bleeding/cramping heavily i should be fine

I wanna go to planned parenthood but my insurance wont cover as much as it would at my other Dr.s but I didnt know how having insurance works at planned parenthood. I know women go in there and its free but i feel like it wont for me for 1 measly scan. I dont want to lie to them and say "i just got a + HPT, im scared.. what do i do..." when all i want is a reassurance scan....and i dont wanna lie and say i dont have insruance bc i feel like they will catch me in a lie!

Please dont stress it only hurts the baby. I really had no symptoms through out my pregnancy so far. had sore boobs, nausea, fatigue, headaches, and food aversions. Around 10.5 weeks my boobs started feeling better, nausea stopped, I still do not like food to much, and my energy started coming back. When I went for my scan on Monday baby was healthy! Just remember everyone is different and some people dont get that sick sov consider yourself lucky! I am sure baby is fine and plus you heard the heartbeat on the doppler!

question....

I agree!!! Try and relax :hugs:

Tiny baby has decided to go into hiding I think. I don't feel it move at all anymore. I felt it a little bit everyday and for the past few days nothing...hmm ... hibernating I suppose. It has been a very active little thing.

Today makes 13 weeks!! Yay I'm a peach. One more week and I will be into the second trimester!! Come on!!! I am hoping that over the next week I will get my energy back and this ms will disappear. Even DH is fed up with it. :haha:

question....

I wouldn't do that. You heard the heartbeat so you know baby is fine. Try to stop worrying. :hugs:

Just wondering how annoncing went for everyone and more specifically if you had people start touching your tummy? I'm kinda nervous for that part...

i think i wouldnt be sucha basketcase if i didnt have my early MC before or knew all the ppl i do that have had a rough time with pregnancy (early MC, ectopics, MC AFTER seeing a HB)

i know im annoying to you ladies about being concerned all the time about the baby, but i just let the worst get to my head.... i try not to let it, but it does

i hope i dont turn out to be a mom that sufficates their kid (not literally) and being a worry wart about him all the time! If i had a mom like that I woulda gone nuts! :haha:

Well you're close to the finish line of 12 weeks, not long now!
I know that there are and will still be worries BUT it's important to enjoy each day as it comes. Good luck!

Just wondering how annoncing went for everyone and more specifically if you had people start touching your tummy? I'm kinda nervous for that part...

Yessss they're touching my tummy and its mostly fluff so its embarrassing!

Isn't it the worst, at least if I had a protruding baby belly from the baby it wouldn't be AS awkward...?
I'm not a skinny girl by any means, hopefully people won't want to touch the bigger girl....? Plus baby is still near the pubic bone so it's like well... baby isn't where you're touching..... LOL

Gahahahaaaa. Please stop touching the 3 slices of pizza i just devoured lololol

I did announce it and we got a very overwheling positive response but we couldnt hide it anymore! We are so excited! My sis in law freaked out on me ... I cant beleive u did that at 9 weeks, u can miscarry esp w diabetes.... My response was " all the better support system i guess ". She just seems mad at me over everything and i dnt know why!... I honestly dontcare, theres girls on facebook that announced it before they got to the docs to even confirm the pregnancy!

I dont have too big of fluff to touch lol sooooo not yet, just hubby which i dnt mind!

LOL - I so have this, a guy at work was in the lift with me today and rubbed my tummy, like top tummy, under my boobs, which sticks out (tummy, not boobs, well they do too!) and I was freaked a little! More so because I know that's just fluff and baby is down by my vajayjay and didn't want to say anything incase he tried to feel!

He would have got a :growlmad: and a :dohh: and I would have been :blush:

LOL - I so have this, a guy at work was in the lift with me today and rubbed my tummy, like top tummy, under my boobs, which sticks out (tummy, not boobs, well they do too!) and I was freaked a little! More so because I know that's just fluff and baby is down by my vajayjay and didn't want to say anything incase he tried to feel!

He would have got a :growlmad: and a :dohh: and I would have been :blush:

:rofl:

Tiny baby has decided to go into hiding I think. I don't feel it move at all anymore. I felt it a little bit everyday and for the past few days nothing...hmm ... hibernating I suppose. It has been a very active little thing.

Today makes 13 weeks!! Yay I'm a peach. One more week and I will be into the second trimester!! Come on!!! I am hoping that over the next week I will get my energy back and this ms will disappear. Even DH is fed up with it. :haha:

Our pregnancies seem to be a lot alike. I haven't felt baby for a few days either. I did hear a strong heartbeat at the dr yesterday tho. And I'm sooo hoping that once I hit 14 weeks I'll be "normal" :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->