January Jellybeans 2013!...

Why do people think that because you are pregnant you are now like a walking buddha statue? I can't stand it! My MIL use to sit and rub and coo and baby talk at my stomach for about 30 minutes when I was pregnant with my DD. I HATED it. But I let her do it just so she wouldn't get her underwear in a wad. This time, if she comes anywhere near me, I'm going to get up and say I have to pee. I don't mind if I'm trying to let someone feel the baby kick but to just want to sit there and paw all over my stomach ... weirdo. :haha:

LOL - I so have this, a guy at work was in the lift with me today and rubbed my tummy, like top tummy, under my boobs, which sticks out (tummy, not boobs, well they do too!) and I was freaked a little! More so because I know that's just fluff and baby is down by my vajayjay and didn't want to say anything incase he tried to feel!

He would have got a :growlmad: and a :dohh: and I would have been :blush:
OMG, I love this comment! Exactly what I'm thinking!

We've told a few ppl (mostly my mom has) but I don't have much of a bump so thankfully no touching yet, only from DH and sometimes my Dad feels to see if it's any bigger. When I do start showing I'm going to get a shirt or sweater that discourages touching, I really don't want to deal with all that. The idea of various ppl patting or rubbing my tummy annoys the crap outta me.

I did announce it and we got a very overwheling positive response but we couldnt hide it anymore! We are so excited! My sis in law freaked out on me ... I cant beleive u did that at 9 weeks, u can miscarry esp w diabetes.... My response was " all the better support system i guess ". She just seems mad at me over everything and i dnt know why!... I honestly dontcare, theres girls on facebook that announced it before they got to the docs to even confirm the pregnancy!
I agree, people can be so rude.... I've decided to wait until 12 weeks to announce, there was a girl I know who posted on fb before her scan just to find out baby had no hb at 10 weeks.... Then you have to go back and tell people? Terrible!

Tiny baby has decided to go into hiding I think. I don't feel it move at all anymore. I felt it a little bit everyday and for the past few days nothing...hmm ... hibernating I suppose. It has been a very active little thing.

Today makes 13 weeks!! Yay I'm a peach. One more week and I will be into the second trimester!! Come on!!! I am hoping that over the next week I will get my energy back and this ms will disappear. Even DH is fed up with it. :haha:

Our pregnancies seem to be a lot alike. I haven't felt baby for a few days either. I did hear a strong heartbeat at the dr yesterday tho. And I'm sooo hoping that once I hit 14 weeks I'll be "normal" :rofl:

Well I'm glad I'm not alone then. Usually I'm not one to worry but I did think it was strange that after so much activity it just went quiet. But I still have my MS and there isn't any bleeding and baby was growing wonderful and going crazy at my last appointment so I know things are fine.
I am so hoping the same thing. I am ready to be back to feeling normal. Being able to leave my house or walk to another room without panting. Every time I think I am starting to feel normal .... WHAM ... it all goes back down hill. COME ON 14 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!! :haha:

Yea its true... I mean i just had a recent scan at 10+2 very strong hb at 176... And my 8 week one was hb 174... But im talking before they even got the blood test to confirm theyre pregnant... Im not saying its a bad thing, my point is theyre really are no rules anymore when to announc.. My hubbies mom told all her friends when i was 4 weeks! I kind of had a little fit about it though.. Lol

We've told a few ppl (mostly my mom has) but I don't have much of a bump so thankfully no touching yet, only from DH and sometimes my Dad feels to see if it's any bigger. When I do start showing I'm going to get a shirt or sweater that discourages touching, I really don't want to deal with all that. The idea of various ppl patting or rubbing my tummy annoys the crap outta me.
Great idea! I will be on the lookout for a shirt that tells people not to touch!

Yea its true... I mean i just had a recent scan at 10+2 very strong hb at 176... And my 8 week one was hb 174... But im talking before they even got the blood test to confirm theyre pregnant... Im not saying its a bad thing, my point is theyre really are no rules anymore when to announc.. My hubbies mom told all her friends when i was 4 weeks! I kind of had a little fit about it though.. Lol
I think announcing to close family/ friends is fine at any point as long as you're comfortable with it. And a lot does get caught with blood tests. I think it is a good idea to have a scan before announcing on something like facebook (that's all I mean)

I think announcing to close family/ friends is fine at any point as long as you're comfortable with it. And a lot does get caught with blood tests. I think it is a good idea to have a scan before announcing on something like facebook (that's all I mean)

We waited until after our first appointment with the doctor before we announced it on facebook to our friends. We did tell family and close friends when we first found out but that was it.

"Y'all" know, this is going to be my first 4th of July here! Just noticed it's next week. I wonder what they do in the Dallas Fort Worth area...

Ughhhhhh......lol... Yea well i announced early and my sis in law was the only one who took a fit! Not only that ut she called me superficial when i said i wanted my baby shower two months before delivery bc i didnt want to be uncomfortable and waddling! I want to enjoy my shower !! She also told me i didnt need to purchase a doppler it was nnecessary and if i felt i was going to miscarry i shuld just go to the docs once a week... Im like, really? Id rather not waste their time!

"Y'all" know, this is going to be my first 4th of July here! Just noticed it's next week. I wonder what they do in the Dallas Fort Worth area...

Fire works!! Lol ull be hearing them all week im sure!

Yesh! We live very close to the Rangers Ball Park, Cowboy Stadium and 6flags, and just read there will be fireworks on the 3rd! How exciting!! hahahaha, Imma make my hubby carry this old elephant around. :haha:

Ughhhhhh......lol... Yea well i announced early and my sis in law was the only one who took a fit! Not only that ut she called me superficial when i said i wanted my baby shower two months before delivery bc i didnt want to be uncomfortable and waddling! I want to enjoy my shower !! She also told me i didnt need to purchase a doppler it was nnecessary and if i felt i was going to miscarry i shuld just go to the docs once a week... Im like, really? Id rather not waste their time!

She sounds jealous ... and ridiculous! I think that is a good idea about the baby shower ... even more so because we are all due in January and (for me my due date is the 3rd) it is so close to Christmas and Thanksgiving and people do a lot of traveling for the holidays so why not do it early? You can do it whenever you want for WHATEVER reason! Tell her if she doesn't have anything nice to say ... stuff it! :haha:

That is SO rude - she probably has some jealousy issues or something going on...
It's your own right to decide to announce when you do! What a b*tch....
Maybe don't tell her next time? LOL

I have a very strict no touching rule. I need a shirt that says "caution: I bite"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->