January Jellybeans 2013!...

Ok, I was counting the weeks and noticed that my next Dr. appointment will be on my 17th week. And if he said we were having my next appointment at the beginning of September I wont know the sex 'til week 22! Should I ask for it on week 17?! He said just so we could be super sure... don't know what to do.

Normally they order the scan for 20 weeks for measurements. It's technically not for gender. BUT if he orders it I would call the u/s place directly and change the date. That's what I did with dd :haha: my ultrasound for her was for end of December but I wanted to be able to share at Christmas so I went in on Christmas eve instead. :thumbup:

Ok, I was counting the weeks and noticed that my next Dr. appointment will be on my 17th week. And if he said we were having my next appointment at the beginning of September I wont know the sex 'til week 22! Should I ask for it on week 17?! He said just so we could be super sure... don't know what to do.

Normally they order the scan for 20 weeks for measurements. It's technically not for gender. BUT if he orders it I would call the u/s place directly and change the date. That's what I did with dd :haha: my ultrasound for her was for end of December but I wanted to be able to share at Christmas so I went in on Christmas eve instead. :thumbup:

The Ultrasounds are in his office though. That's why I have them when I go into appointment. I guess I'll just talk to him that day, see what happens.

I am actually NOT finding out the gender! And because of vacation in August, I will have to wait until 21 weeks for my scan!

Anyone else staying in the dark about gender?

We'e staying in the dark as well. We didn't find out with our daughter either. I love the surprise and the feeling i got when told i had a daughter. It was amazing! Eek! I'm a lemon tomorrow!! :happydance:

Babydust- congratulations on your lil boy!

ive dont the baking soda test....girl
hb stays in the 164 range
chinese calendar predicts girl
The wedding ring test says girl
im super sick like i was with the other girls
I getting fatty everywhere

my vote is girl......ill be really surprised if its not

Haha i have to say boy for me.
Baking soda test: boy
Wedding ring test: boy
Hb stays in the 136-155 range
Haven't been nearly as sick with this :baby: as i was with DD
But the chinese gender calender says: girl
Guess we'll just have to wait and see!

Both DH and I think boy, as have most people who guess BUT I'm fine either way.
I just wanna know already!

my peanuts heart rate is always in the 160's-176... baking soda test says boy and the chinese predictor thing says boy... 1 psychic said boy and 1 psychic said girl... so, who knows :shrug:

i keep thinking how all the signs point to boy for me with the tests, little to no morning sickness....

i can only imagine going to my gender scan and :baby: being a girl, :haha:

Jrow! when im as far along as u are now, ill get to find out the gender!!! holy cow it seems so far away tho!!! but atleast ist alot closer than waiting 20 weeks to find out from the Dr.!

Everytime were out shopping hubby says "I just wish we knew already!"

and for him always being a patient person, i find it very funny. And before we got pregnant he said he wouldnt want to know the sex! HA funny how things change!

I was feeling pretty good this morning so I thought I would try some Tai Chi to get a little exercise in as I have been sitting since the sickness began. I get minutes in and nearly passed out in my living room. :nope: I got overly dizzy and I'm not sure why. We keep it very cool in the house and tai chi is not strenuous at all. I keep having these dizzy spells so I will bring them up at my next appt. Although, part of me is wondering if I shouldn't try and bump up my appt from wednesday to sooner. I'm beginning to get concerned about the dizzy spells. More so because of the few times I have nearly passed out. With DD being here with me, that is not something I really want to go through.

Like I said, I was feeling pretty good and after that happened, I now have a headache and feel slightly sick to my stomach. I'm laying down attempting a nap or at the very least to rest some while DD naps.

Thoughts ladies?

Me too I've noticed I get dizzy really fast

Ur all luck I have to wait till the 25th to finally for the first time hear the heartbeat and gender scan is on the 24th of August

Sassy I'd call ur dr and if they can't get u in sooner then maybe they can at least ask dr what he suggests.

I was told u can get dizzy and it's normal but u can always double check with ur doctor

I was told u can get dizzy and it's normal but u can always double check with ur doctor
The extra bloodflow can cause dizziness, try and get up slower and if you feel dizzy/ faint then sit down with ur head between ur knees or lay down.
Your amount of blood in your body increases by up to 50%, as well as how much is needed for baby, it's working hard to keep everything working properly.

We're staying team yellow. DH wants to. I'm not too good at knowing there is information to be had and not being able to have it, but I want DH to get his surprise. I would love a girl among all my boys, but as long as Boop is healthy, I'm happy!

Going to In-Laws tomorrow for the weekend. I'm so not looking forward to the 4 hours drive, but I am looking forward to the special treats my mom sent me with them! I'm for sure taking a lunch box of goodies... and some special sickness bags for the just in-cases.

sassy: They say Dr's dont worry too much about dizzy spells as they are bound to happen due to increased bloow flow etc just as JCH said. BUT they do worry about pregnant women blacking out and fainting only for the fact of hurting themselves or the baby. Its def. somthing to bring to your Dr.s attention if thats the case.

Hope you feel better hun!

congrats babydust........wow that is early!!! what wasthe heartbeat.....im guessing the gender off of that right now......lol

littleJ - im have huge issues with hunger and not being able to eat much......still ms, peridocal h/a's, and being extremely tired!!! must be baby growing a ton. I also have issues of baby moving under the doppler.

jrowe- the heat probably has something to do with the rash......sweat boobs!!! hahaha try babypowder???

maybe i was sweating in my sleep... ewww!

OMG. I NEED TO KNOW THE SEX OF THIS BABY RIGHT NOW OR I MAY JUST DIEEEEEE

can you get a private scan?

well, i go in 3 weeks... my cheap husband said we can wait! :growlmad:

Mine is doing that too. Won't pay when we get a free one at 20 weeks grr

Thanks ladies! I'm concerned with them because my heart starts pounding and I get out of breath like I've run a marathon or something. I don't usually get them from standing up too quickly more just random times. I've noticed having several spells from loading dishes in my dishwasher. I read about extra blood flow so I have not mentioned it because it seemed silly. However this one hit me by surprise as I was not doing anything strenuous (tai chi is very slow and relaxing and I hadn't even really gotten into doing much of it yet) and I was inside in the ac. I will at least mention it to the doctor so she knows what is going on just to be sure. :thumbup: I think I will google some exercises that can be done while sitting to keep blood flow going. After I delivered DD, they were raking out blood clots ... I was not active with her at all and it became so hard for me to walk because I got so big and had no muscle tone at all. I know that blood clots can be dangerous and while pregnant with her I had a problem with blood vessels in my feet bursting because I swelled up bad with her. I'm hoping to be active and healthy with this one. Perhaps though I just need to give it time and I can get there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->