January Jellybeans 2013!...

congrats babydust........wow that is early!!! what wasthe heartbeat.....im guessing the gender off of that right now......lol

littleJ - im have huge issues with hunger and not being able to eat much......still ms, peridocal h/a's, and being extremely tired!!! must be baby growing a ton. I also have issues of baby moving under the doppler.

jrowe- the heat probably has something to do with the rash......sweat boobs!!! hahaha try babypowder???

maybe i was sweating in my sleep... ewww!

OMG. I NEED TO KNOW THE SEX OF THIS BABY RIGHT NOW OR I MAY JUST DIEEEEEE

can you get a private scan?

well, i go in 3 weeks... my cheap husband said we can wait! :growlmad:

Mine is doing that too. Won't pay when we get a free one at 20 weeks grr

Hi Darkstar, how would you go about booking a private gender scan here in NZ? Do you know if you need a referral or anything? There is only one radiology place that I know of where I am and I've tried googling but cant find much!

I guess just book through a private obgyn?!

I'm really not sure. I assumed any place would take you for a private one if you're willing to pay. I know there is a place that does 4D in Palmerston North and from their website it seemed a referral wasn't needed so there is probably others. I wanted to go there as that's the nearest 4D but OH won't go all that way and pay for it LOL. Maybe just try phoning the one near you and asking if they do privates?

hi can my date be moved to the 19th please :) had my scan and date has been confirmed :happydance:

Sonia I am sorry you are having to go through that. I hope things improve soon. X

on another note, wow maternity trousers are soooooooo comfy! got a couple of pairs of work trousers from Next and they are super comfortable and actually quite nice. :)

Little j- that bump is great!! And I think we could be twins! We went into buybuybaby last night and I def looked pregnant... Everyone wanted to help me! Haha

Speaking of... Any one picked out strollers and car seats yet? I really like the Britax B Agile but I took hubby to look too. Thought he would be overwhelmed by the choices and the prices... What does he now think is great? The iCandy Peach!! So much for being sticker shocked!!!

Betheny, can I get my EDD changed to 19th Jan please? I got bumped up 3 days :D

Ok, I'm really trying not to think the worst, but I've been really crampy the last few days and my 'bump' seems to have gone down. I'm trying to tell myself that it's just gotten higher and is now hiding behind my fat. I've got the midwife on Monday, so hope I will get to hear a heartbeat.

Little j- that bump is great!! And I think we could be twins! We went into buybuybaby last night and I def looked pregnant... Everyone wanted to help me! Haha

Speaking of... Any one picked out strollers and car seats yet? I really like the Britax B Agile but I took hubby to look too. Thought he would be overwhelmed by the choices and the prices... What does he now think is great? The iCandy Peach!! So much for being sticker shocked!!!

I like the 3 wheeled jogging strollers, they just are easier to manoover. Hubby and i looked at car seats quickly and they have some VERY comfy looking ones. Hubby touches where the LO's rump will be and says if its "good enough" for our baby or not to be comfy :haha:

Leinz- I didnt know u were going at 14 weeks!!! LUCKY U!!!!!!!!

Melly- Im sure everything is fine. Iv been crampy alot recently and i always find a nice strong HB from LO so it reassures me evrything is fine and things are just growing! When your pregnant things are just wierd and change for no reason at all but to only makes us mommies worry!

Good morning ladies! 15 weeks today! Woohoo! My husband and I are spending today and tomorrow at Sea World, so whenever he gets home from work, I'll be gone for a couple days. Super excited! Although, kind of worried about being able to keep up with the walking. I've been getting physically tired and out of breath really quickly lately.

How is everyone else doing?

Good morning ladies! 15 weeks today! Woohoo! My husband and I are spending today and tomorrow at Sea World, so whenever he gets home from work, I'll be gone for a couple days. Super excited! Although, kind of worried about being able to keep up with the walking. I've been getting physically tired and out of breath really quickly lately.

How is everyone else doing?

i LOVE seaworld! have fun!!!

uggh... i get out of breath walking to the car after hubby's baseball games :haha:

I think its just amazing how far all of us ladies have come, its so cool!

tonight were hosting a party for hubby's baseball team. Its gunna be a ton of fun but a TON of clean up after.... one of his teamates (whos always been a little "off") asked me yesterday "how are you going to do not drinking?!" im like... "well ummm... iv done great for 3 months already, im pretty sure ill be fine"

I thought it was the wierdest question?

Melly try not to stress too much hun, the cramping is probably everything stretching still as the little one goes from fruit to fruit :) and my bump changes shape all the time depending on what Ive eaten (bread makes me look bigger), Im sure everything will be fine and you'll hear a nice strong heartbeat :hugs:

Melly try not to stress too much hun, the cramping is probably everything stretching still as the little one goes from fruit to fruit :) and my bump changes shape all the time depending on what Ive eaten (bread makes me look bigger), Im sure everything will be fine and you'll hear a nice strong heartbeat :hugs:

maybe thats my problem, BREAD! meat just isnt very appetizing to me ever since i got pregnant so i tend to stick to a carb diet (bad i know...) of bread, noodles etc. and my tummy is round as can be!

but honestly, all i want to eat is grilled cheese, mac and cheese, fruit, veggies, and CANDY! im usually not a big candy eater, but ive been obsessing over the chewy candies (not chocolate) like swedish fish, jelly beans, gummy worms. And these types of candy are the worst for cavities! I need to learn self control or this baby is going to make my teeth rot!

hello ladies...

i also have a question about food. since i became pregnant, i barely want to eat... doctor advised me not to eat the following:
salmon and other big fish like tuna etc
soft cheeses
processed foods
undercooked meats like ham
seafood
softdrinks
no diet foods

sometimes i tasted some of the above... did i harm the baby?

Yay for new friuts today! I'm an orange!

Melly, I had pretty bad pains yesterday. I was making supper and couldn't stand up straight. I want to say it's uterus expanding and belly stretching and not to worry. Maybe try drinking lots of water? I know if I get crampy, water always helps. Good luck! I'm sure the midwife will let you know everything is just fine! :hugs:

Chances are pretty unlikely if you've had them on occasion previously. I still think monderation is the key. Very unlikely that you've harmed the baby as it takes larger quantities or listeria bacteria to cause harm.

Angel, there are different schools of thought on certain foods during pregnancy. Some sites I've visited say make sure to get your seafood because of the omega 3s, but avoid the ones that contain mercury (like tuna). Soft cheeses like goatcheese, feta, blue cheese, etc can be bad, but anything that's pasturized should be okay. Deli meats (and hot dogs) are a no-no. I've read several times that if you heat the deli meat until steaming hot, it's okay, but I'm not willing to do that... :sick:

Soft drinks should be fine as long as they aren't caffeinated. I've also heard a tiny bit of caffeine is okay, but I don't drink things with caffeine in them normally, so I don't now either. I'm not sure about diet foods or processed foods. I can't imagine eating those things for three meals a day, every day, but in moderation, I'm sure it's okay.

Hth. :hugs:

thanks for your message duckytwins. i have been eating hams lately as i had a craving on them. so better stop eating them now... sometimes i get pretty worried... i also ate 3 hotdogs so far... but at least not tooo much. ideally we eat a healthy diet - fruits, veg and lean meats but at times its very difficult. hope my little one is ok :(

maybe thats my problem, BREAD! meat just isnt very appetizing to me ever since i got pregnant so i tend to stick to a carb diet (bad i know...) of bread, noodles etc. and my tummy is round as can be!

but honestly, all i want to eat is grilled cheese, mac and cheese, fruit, veggies, and CANDY! im usually not a big candy eater, but ive been obsessing over the chewy candies (not chocolate) like swedish fish, jelly beans, gummy worms. And these types of candy are the worst for cavities! I need to learn self control or this baby is going to make my teeth rot!

Oh jelly sweets have been my downfall too. Me and LO have been eating haribo starmix the past couple of days and I can't get enough of the fruit flavours. Am a bit worried when I go to the midwife next week I will have put on about 2 stone!

thanks for your message duckytwins. i have been eating hams lately as i had a craving on them. so better stop eating them now... sometimes i get pretty worried... i also ate 3 hotdogs so far... but at least not tooo much. ideally we eat a healthy diet - fruits, veg and lean meats but at times its very difficult. hope my little one is ok :(
3 uncooked hotdogs? They're fine if they're cooked, you could always put it on the stove and fry it a lil or boil it for a hotdog in the bun....
Just try to stay away from eating it raw, that's the main concern. But even if you had or still do, it's still not extremely likely to harm the baby but best to be safe. There aren't that many listeria outbreaks where I am.... In fact the UK doesn't even have to worry about listeria and can eat all that stuff without being told otherwise....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->