January Jellybeans 2013!...

Registry and Shower questions!! I'd much prefer registering at Buy Buy Baby than Babies R Us...I love that store so much more and you can use Bed Bath and Beyond coupons :) Plus all the Babies R Us near me are terrible shopping experiences. However, my inlaws are about an hour away and the closest Buy Buy Baby is probably a half hour drive for them but they have a Babies R Us near them. Do we register where we want and make them have to go out of their way or online, or do we split where we are registered so they have convenient options.

I'm new to the baby shower world as well...who should host and who should pay? Also-are any of you ladies already planning? Are you doing earlier-Oct./Nov because of the holidays? I'd hate to have a shower right around when everyone is stressing about the holidays!! And is this traditionally done as a surprise? Are both sides of your family doing something together or separate?

Sorry for all the questions!! :) But I know you ladies will give me some great answers!!

I would register for where you want. And they can print off your registry and either buy the same things at Babies R Us (going by your list) or Give you a gift card.. Or order online...

October would probably the best time to have it or early November.. My shower is actually in August, but that's because it's when I'll be with family and friends because we live so far apart.. Some people do throw surprises so really there's no way to tell if somebody will throw you one :haha: With my daughter I did have two. One with my side of the family in one city and one with dh's side.. But partially because they lived in different areas, and I think less people is less overwhelming.. BUT there are people who do one big shower rent a hall etc.. So basically you have to see who wants to throw you a shower. Your mom, a sister, a mother in law? Or are you going to do it yourself.. :shrug:

I just talked to my mom again tonight...she doesn't want to take on a big shower by herself but would love to go in on it with other family and friends. We're thinking early November and I'm glad I talked to her because I think she's going to put the ball in motion :)

I am having my shower the second week of november so its before the holidays. Mothers of the mom-to-be usually pay for it, but mom-in-laws may chip in if they want!!! And register where you prefer people can always do free shipping or ship to you!

You could register at both. I have 2 registries (one with Target and one with Babies R Us) Different stores give you a variety sometimes as to what you can get.

I am having my shower in October. I don't want to wait until November because we have things going on besides Thanksgiving. DH's birthday is then and we have a big festival we always go to.

With DD, I had 2 showers, one with DH's family (thrown by my MIL) and one with my family (thrown by my mom). With this baby it will probably be the same ...2 showers one with each family. My best friend and mom are going to go in together and I will most likely help. I do all the planning and party throwing for us so they like when I do things. I helped with my last one as well.

On some very wonderful news .... Tiny came ALIVE last night!!! :haha: And for DH! I felt a tightening like sensation and I told DH to put his hand on my stomach and tiny went crazy with the turning and swirling and dancing. It was SO amazing and DH loved it!!!! :happydance::cloud9: Tiny was moving so much it was incredible ... especially after not feeling it for so long. And it was so sweet because it was like it was saying hi just to daddy!!! <3 DH was grinning so big!! Then he started talking to it. :cloud9::cloud9:

Hope you ladies are having a wonderful weekend!

You could register at both. I have 2 registries (one with Target and one with Babies R Us) Different stores give you a variety sometimes as to what you can get.

I am having my shower in October. I don't want to wait until November because we have things going on besides Thanksgiving. DH's birthday is then and we have a big festival we always go to.

With DD, I had 2 showers, one with DH's family (thrown by my MIL) and one with my family (thrown by my mom). With this baby it will probably be the same ...2 showers one with each family. My best friend and mom are going to go in together and I will most likely help. I do all the planning and party throwing for us so they like when I do things. I helped with my last one as well.

On some very wonderful news .... Tiny came ALIVE last night!!! :haha: And for DH! I felt a tightening like sensation and I told DH to put his hand on my stomach and tiny went crazy with the turning and swirling and dancing. It was SO amazing and DH loved it!!!! :happydance::cloud9: Tiny was moving so much it was incredible ... especially after not feeling it for so long. And it was so sweet because it was like it was saying hi just to daddy!!! <3 DH was grinning so big!! Then he started talking to it. :cloud9::cloud9:

Hope you ladies are having a wonderful weekend!

:happydance: That's awesome, Brandi!!! :hugs: I knew it wouldn't be too long before you felt Tiny moving again!!! I'm so glad for you!

My mom, MIL, and SIL are planning a shower, most likely in early November. Like everyone else said, early November showers will avoid the holiday parties.

I want to check out Buy Buy Baby (which is about 30 minutes from my house) but I am really thinking that I will register either there or Babys'r'us. It's one-stop shopping and I certainly don't want to be driving all over making returns if I have to while I am 8mo pregnant!

I have had experience with Target's registry and find it terribly managed. I recently went to a bridal shower where the bride got duplicate and triplicate of everything because the registries never updated.

As far as registering for the convenience of your guests, I wouldn't put too much stock in it. Babys'r'us offers free shipping and *almost* everyone can order online these days. Truthfully, 30 minutes is NOT that far to drive to do some shopping. You have to think about who has what you want and how easy will it be for you to make exchanges or returns.

im from the U.S. and never heard of Buy Buy Baby.. is that bed bath and beyonds baby section? Lol i am so lost, i cant beleive i never heard of this before!

Okay,.here it is! Took it yesterday so its a 14+1 bump https://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n588/Rayvens_Mama/2012-07-14134655.jpg

Buy Buy Baby is associated with BBB. My understanding is they accept those 20% off coupons. Try a store locator tool? I think Babys'r'us are most prevalent.

Don't feel bad, I just found out about it from a friend who recently had a baby! I had never heard of it either. It's steep learning curve!

Yep- buy buy baby is the the same company that owns bed bath beyond. The inside is set up similar except all baby stuff!! The people are really nice and they have a huge a selection. It feels more user friendly to me as well- its set up more welcoming to try everything and look at it.

Ohhh cool! Our regular bed bath and beyond got buy buy baby set inside of the store in a corner.. I wish i had a buy buy baby close to my house now!

I'm 14 weeks today! My ticker is always behind. I must take another bump pic soon. I'm sure I look like I did at 20 weeks with my other two babies.

I'm 14 weeks today! My ticker is always behind. I must take another bump pic soon. I'm sure I look like I did at 20 weeks with my other two babies.

I feel like my bump is tiny lol i thought i would be bigger.since this is my 2nd.... But i can just barely tell i am showing more than i was at this point with DD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->