January Jellybeans 2013!...

Just got back from my doctor's appointment...finally got to hear the heartbeat :) A nice solid 145. My mom came with me this time and she was so excited!! Next appointment is on the 20th and we'll find out the gender...it's killing me not knowing! But my dad keeps saying that we'll know the rest of our lives so we should enjoy this part :)
I desperately want to know SO badly!
And yes u will know for the rest of their life but it's special and u can bond more IMO once you know what they are! PLUS the shopping!!!

Just got back from my doctor's appointment...finally got to hear the heartbeat :) A nice solid 145. My mom came with me this time and she was so excited!! Next appointment is on the 20th and we'll find out the gender...it's killing me not knowing! But my dad keeps saying that we'll know the rest of our lives so we should enjoy this part :)
And yes u will know for the rest of their life but it's special and u can bond more IMO once you know what they are! PLUS the shopping!!!

I love the shopping part!! DH can't make it to the gender reveal so I'm taking my mom with me and DD. We are going to do lunch and then go to the ultrasound and then most likely ... SHOPPING!!! HAAHAHAHAHA

I'm the other way, I'm much more excited this time at waiting until the birth to find out than I was last time when we found out what we were having. I just can't wait for that moment after all the pain of finding out boy/girl. Plus dh is desperate for a girl, and I couldn't bare to see a look of disappointment at a 20 week scan if it's a boy.

Ok ladies! Back from my appt. Didn't get to see tiny but heard the heartbeat. 154 ... she said nice and strong. She found it right away. I didn't get a chance to ask all of my questions but what I did get to ask she said is normal. I had a second blood draw for the down syndrome part so next appt I get all of my results back from the genetic screenings. I go on August 15th to find out what tiny is too!!! :D :happydance: I can't wait!

thats what my LO BPM was!!! i wonder if were having the same gender!!

At my 12 week they did a guess of boy. All the tests I've done said boy too like you so we will see. ;) I go on August 15th so I have to wait a little bit ... toooo excited!

Aug. 17th ill find out at well at my early scan :)

Ok ladies! Back from my appt. Didn't get to see tiny but heard the heartbeat. 154 ... she said nice and strong. She found it right away. I didn't get a chance to ask all of my questions but what I did get to ask she said is normal. I had a second blood draw for the down syndrome part so next appt I get all of my results back from the genetic screenings. I go on August 15th to find out what tiny is too!!! :D :happydance: I can't wait!

Babies heartbeat was 156 at the hospital and they told me it was a girl. :thumbup:

I know the BPM is right in between area! haha only Dr.s can tell when LO shows off his/her goods!

Babies heartbeat was 156 at the hospital and they told me it was a girl. :thumbup:

I know the BPM is right in between area! haha only Dr.s can tell when LO shows off his/her goods!

For what it's worth, babies heartbeat was 157bpm when they told me boy! :winkwink:

I don't think heartbeat can determine gender like the old wives tales think they can. I think my daughter's was always in the 140's. Every baby is different. I wonder how they came up with the heartbeat old wives tale?

:cry: I'm dying for a cup of coffee... :( reading into it. I only want one small cup, with a bit of coffee.

I think hubby is sleeping up with pregnancy too :haha: he's been sleeping since 6 something. I went in and asked him if he wanted to wake up and said no, haha, so I'll just let him sleep 'til the morrow. Hahaha.

I drink a coffee every morning, I used to have about 6 a day but I cut back. I think one coffee is well within the recommended limit. They say too much can reduce baby's weight but mine was measuring ahead so I figure it isn't hurting.

I drank it. :coffee: haha Couldn't help it, but it was half milk half coffee and super small cup, so my conscience isn't really bothering me. Thank you for the reassurance.

You can have 200mg of caffeine daily safely during pregnancy. Don't feel guilty!

:cry: I'm dying for a cup of coffee... :( reading into it. I only want one small cup, with a bit of coffee.

I think hubby is sleeping up with pregnancy too :haha: he's been sleeping since 6 something. I went in and asked him if he wanted to wake up and said no, haha, so I'll just let him sleep 'til the morrow. Hahaha.

I found the brand called chock full o nuts at grocery store. They have a blend that is half decaf half regular. Im addicted to coffee and this blend is a great alternative!

Folger's make a 1/2 caf as well.

I drink a coffee every morning, I used to have about 6 a day but I cut back. I think one coffee is well within the recommended limit. They say too much can reduce baby's weight but mine was measuring ahead so I figure it isn't hurting.

I drank it. :coffee: haha Couldn't help it, but it was half milk half coffee and super small cup, so my conscience isn't really bothering me. Thank you for the reassurance.

You can have 200mg of caffeine daily safely during pregnancy. Don't feel guilty!

Thanks! I don't usually drink coffee, but yesterday I was dying dying dying for a cup. :shrug:

Trying to remember if i posted this already....don't see it in the list tho so sorry if this is a double post.

I went to see my midwife today, everything is fine and i got to hear bubby's hb, it was awesome! She didn't check the rate tho but i didn't care, just hearing it was good enough. Looking forward to my gender scan now :D

Argh has anyones feet/ankles swolen yet?? I was at my grandmas earlier and my little sister looked over and said 'haha Jodee's got cankles', and after checking I can confirm not only have I lost any ankle definition but my feet now seem to expand over my shoes!! This didnt happen till lots further on last time!!!

Argh has anyones feet/ankles swolen yet?? I was at my grandmas earlier and my little sister looked over and said 'haha Jodee's got cankles', and after checking I can confirm not only have I lost any ankle definition but my feet now seem to expand over my shoes!! This didnt happen till lots further on last time!!!

in my last pregnanc y i had pre-eclampsia, my feet swelled up so bad i couldnt get them into shoes, even the largest mans croc style shoes left indents from teh holes in the top on top of my foot.. it was so embarassing. Plus AFTER i had given birth, only one foot went down! I still had a giant balloon of a right foot! The midwife on the ward had never seen that hapen before! She put it up on a few pillows, and raised it a little higher now and then, and after a few hours it went down, i wish i had tken a photo though becuase it was soooo freaky!

my due date has moved, it is now the 13th of january! (I guesstimated 12th jan, doctors guesstimated 16th of jan.. i feel pretty smug that i was closer!)

I finally got to hear heart beat baby's was in the 160 range so happy :)

Hehehe, isn't it SO exciting! I have my own doppler at home but I got to hear it at the docs - so wonderful!

Just thought I would post another bump pic! Here it is 14+5. I think it looks a little bigger, what do y'all think?

https://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n588/Rayvens_Mama/2012-07-18142036.jpg

Beautiful growing bump La Mere!

I must admit, I'm a little jealous, I have no bump to speak of yet!! Any other first time mammas still bump less?! I'm 5'8 so not a shortie but not super tall. Hope to get a nice round bump soon!!

xxxxx

Thank you, Lillian! I am 5'0", so I am a shorty. I didn't really start showing a proper bumpwith my daughter till I was 6 1/2 - 7 months. You'll get your bump soon!

Ewwwwww anyone ever watch pregnant in heels? The chick made a smoothie outta her placenta and drank it!!!!!

OMG thankfully I didn't watch that! Ewwwwwww.

It's pretty common here in Maori culture for it to be buried under trees so I was asked whether I wanted to keep it and I declined.

Okay, I don't think I would ever eat/drink my placenta :sick: and I don't judge those who do, but I am not opposed to the idea of it being buried and planting a tree over it. And since I am planning a home birth, it seems a lot more likely that is what I will do with it.

I finally got to hear heart beat baby's was in the 160 range so happy :)

:happydance: yay, Kaiecee! I'm so glad for you!

I had my 15 week midwife appointment today. It was all a bit boring and felt a bit rushed. Didn't get to hear the heartbeat. Wasn't really expect too, but secretly hoped I would. I got all my 9 week blood test results back and one of them has been bothering me slightly. It was my glucose one which came back at 6.8. She said that 7 is normally the cut of point, but it has me worried as both my parents are Type 2 diabetic. She said they could do another random blood test, but didn't say when or if I actually should. I had been eating a lot of polo mints at the time to help with the morning sickeness so maybe it was in response to that, but I can't help worrying. I think worrying has become my new pastime, which is strange because I was very chilled out the first 12 weeks. I am going to blame it on feeling so rubbish for so long.

*TMI ALERT* What ever happened to getting constipated? My digestive system has me going to the bathroom at least 3 times a day. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->