January Jellybeans 2013!...

Just been for my quad blood test and they weighed me :( Ive gained 2.6kg since I was last weighed 10 weeks ago, which is 5.7lbs, is this ok weight gain?

Its fine to gain or even lose some weight.

I lost 1lb at my 12 week. hubby got all worried bc he couldnt figure out how i lost weight but my belly is bigger.

But the Dr. said gaining or losing right now isnt a cause for concern.. (unless your losing a ton)

as long as your eating decent, your fine :)

Well, I broke down today and finally took a picture of my bump. It seemed to have really grown in the last couple of days which I think corresponds with the discomfort, pulling, and cramping I've had going on.

I am short with a very short waist so I anticipate showing early but at 14+2 I am worried about how big I may get.

wahoo for the big belly's showing!!! My other friends that have had babies say you feel big and then plateu for a bit

I just tell ppl im on the "jessica simpson" pregnancy plan, since she showed super early too :haha:

Well I feel very cheated re my 16 week midwife appointment.
Probably my fault as I was 2 mins late but when I booked they didn't tell me it would be with someone else as my midwife is away. Had I known I would have booked before she went or when she came back.

The midwife who did my apt then got shitty because I hadn't brought a urine sample - no one told me I had to! So went to pee in a cup and hardly nothing as I'd already been, which annoyed her even more! Oh well, I have a small amount of protein in my urine but she said that was normal.

Took my blood pressure at 100/70 said it was fine.
She then found baby on Doppler for about 15 seconds and that was it. Asked if I had any questions and sent me packing.

I'm really annoyed as feel she should have been more welcoming and I would have got more out of it and asked all the questioned I wanted to. She probably spoke about 20 words to be for the whole appointment!

ARGH ! Sorry ladies don't mean to vent but feel cheated of the apt. X

Sorry, it all sounds hideous. At least she wont be your normal midwife. :hugs:

has anyone else experienced leg pain? Last night my legs hurt so bad it felt like they were permanently cramped.

Mine. But I am sad to say I know it was because I went grocery shopping and walked around for about 3 hours. :dohh: Lord, I'm a dinosaur!

Well I feel very cheated re my 16 week midwife appointment.
Probably my fault as I was 2 mins late but when I booked they didn't tell me it would be with someone else as my midwife is away. Had I known I would have booked before she went or when she came back.

The midwife who did my apt then got shitty because I hadn't brought a urine sample - no one told me I had to! So went to pee in a cup and hardly nothing as I'd already been, which annoyed her even more! Oh well, I have a small amount of protein in my urine but she said that was normal.

Took my blood pressure at 100/70 said it was fine.
She then found baby on Doppler for about 15 seconds and that was it. Asked if I had any questions and sent me packing.

I'm really annoyed as feel she should have been more welcoming and I would have got more out of it and asked all the questioned I wanted to. She probably spoke about 20 words to be for the whole appointment!

ARGH ! Sorry ladies don't mean to vent but feel cheated of the apt. X

Try not to let her bother you,maybe she's just having a bad day, or maybe she's just a grumpy moo! At least you don't have her as your regular midwife? I didn't take a sample either as they didn't tell me to when I booked it. Your lucky she did the Doppler as they don't normally at the 16 week appt. Are your questions anything we could answer?

Got a lovely big box through the post today! I've now got my pram (quinny zapp xtra) with a footmuff and a maxi cosi car seat! and Ds has spent the last 3 hours playing with the box, so happiness all round!

its funny how even when kids get presents or they find a box it seems to occupy them more than anything lol

Ok, so I passed by feeling I had barely any tummy to feeling I have a tummy of a 30 week pregnant woman! I took a picture and I'm wowed. I didn't want to go out yesterday because I felt like I looked humongous. I'm between showing you ladies and not showing you because I might scare you!!!! :cry: I even showed my sister, who has had a HUGE tummy threw out her pregnancy and she said it might be a family thing lol... ok...

Ok, the red dots show. beginning and end of legs and of tummy...:wacko:

Attachments

• 07191217321.jpg
    07191217321.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 19
They were just general reassurance questions. I wanted to know if I can start swimming again but managed to get that one in quickly and she said its fine. I've been really itchy lately, mainly my back tummy and boobs so just assuming it growth spurt!

I'm annoyed because when she did the Doppler she was like that's the loudest I will get it because your fat, her exact words! I've had it so loud at home (didn't tell her that) and she didn't even move it. I'll definitely be checking who I'm booked with next time.

Sorry to moan x

cute bump Deedee!

nah, dont feel that way, i was self concious of my bump too thinking im too big for only being almost 13 weeks along.... but now im sporting it pretty good and proud of it! Baby wants to grow! :thumbup:

They were just general reassurance questions. I wanted to know if I can start swimming again but managed to get that one in quickly and she said its fine. I've been really itchy lately, mainly my back tummy and boobs so just assuming it growth spurt!

I'm annoyed because when she did the Doppler she was like that's the loudest I will get it because your fat, her exact words! I've had it so loud at home (didn't tell her that) and she didn't even move it. I'll definitely be checking who I'm booked with next time.

Sorry to moan x

omg i cant belive she would say that ur much nicer than me cuz id call and make a complaint ur at a place u should feel welcolmed and not feel insulted im sorry u had to be treated like that :hugs:

Sorry to moan x
OMG, that is SO rude! Why would someone even say that!!!

On the swimming front, they actally say it's one of the best forms of exercise and will help ease any back pain too :)

Because of my early bleeding they told me not too and to check at this apt so will re start, first thing tomorrow (if I fit in my costume). She was just rude, definitely will say something when see midwife again

Sorry to moan x

i seriously cannot beleive she said it was because you were fat........that is so out of controL!!!

Sorry to moan x

oh my God!!!! That is just plain disgusting that she said that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW.. I am SOOOOOO damn itchy too.. my boobs and stomach actually are raw from me scratching so much!

Thanks ladies. I'm feeling a bit better after a house clean - haven't said that in a while!

Jrowenj - ah glad it's not just me. Itch itch itch, that's all I seem to do x

Ok, so I passed by feeling I had barely any tummy to feeling I have a tummy of a 30 week pregnant woman! I took a picture and I'm wowed. I didn't want to go out yesterday because I felt like I looked humongous. I'm between showing you ladies and not showing you because I might scare you!!!! :cry: I even showed my sister, who has had a HUGE tummy threw out her pregnancy and she said it might be a family thing lol... ok...

Ok, the red dots show. beginning and end of legs and of tummy...:wacko:

I think its beautiful!!!

OMG sonia! I would have flipped on someone!! So not right of her! Glad u do not have to deal with her all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->