January Jellybeans 2013!...

Thanks CharlieO!

Sucks about your work do! always the way when you're pregnant. lol. Some mocktails sound so delicious and when you get it they've just poured 3 separate juices into one glass and you're like "eeeeer that's just tropical juice" The cocktail bar we go to has no mocktail menu you just tell them what you feel like and they use their "knowledge and expertise" and make you something. I always ask for something that's minty and lime, the first girl i have no idea what she puts in it but it's fucking amazing, the second girl mushed the lime with watermelon and it was this real fruity limey taste with mint leaves obviously, the next guy who made it decided he'd mix it with ginger ale which sounded awful to me but it turned out like a minty, limey punch kind of drink. They have so many cool things they put in the drinks, my friend asked "can you make me a banana and chocolate cocktail there's none on the menu" and they made it with fresh banana that they mash on the spot and also used cream and custard and some chocolate liquers with a nice big wedge of chocolate hanging out the top. No wonder my friends are always dying to go. lol. i'll try get some piccies of my drinks tonight.

OMG sounds awesome! Theres this place in london that's a "secret bar", you walk through this eatery to the back, and theres a a smeg fridge, you open it, and there are stairs behind, walk down, give a password and then you get into this speak easy type bar, they serve drinks in jars and you tell the bartender your fav flavours and they mix you something up based on your favs. SO SO GOOD! I've only been a couple of times but its totally first on the list once I'm drinking again!!! :) Enjoy tonight! x

I'm having a freak out moment. I listen to my babu on my doppler like every 2 days and its always so easy to find baby. Todayn I couldn't find baby and whem I did I think the heartbeat is so faint and only like 112 bpm. I'm so nervous : (

I'm having a freak out moment. I listen to my babu on my doppler like every 2 days and its always so easy to find baby. Todayn I couldn't find baby and whem I did I think the heartbeat is so faint and only like 112 bpm. I'm so nervous : (

Jamie, try not to freak out, wont do either of you any good. Put the doppler away, chill out for a while and keep calm. Try again tomorrow. I know its easier said than done, but bubbs is probably just having a snooze in a tricky position. x x x

I hope so... I did just wake up and have an empty stomach ..m maybe I will try after breakfast : (

He or she's probably just grumpy with you for getting prodded about with the doppler and hiding! Honestly, just chill out, have some food and do something else for a while, and you'll be finding bubbs heartbeat later in seconds. BTW this is totally why i dont have a doppler, i'd be doing this every 5 seconds - I know what i'm like!

Big hugs! x

Getting ready to head to my ultrasound. I'll update when I get back. :thumbup:

Ok, i ate some food and walked around and just used doppler and heard baby! Guess youre right and baby was being grumpy!!

Cant wait to see ur scan pic, snow!!!!

Ive been wondering the same about the placenta... Im 14 weeks and still sick every morning... And still overly tired.. I go to the docs this morning.. Imwill be mentioing that i may have a uti...ugh...

Ok, i ate some food and walked around and just used doppler and heard baby! Guess youre right and baby was being grumpy!!

Cant wait to see ur scan pic, snow!!!!

I'm glad! Baby obviously forgave you after you gave it some brekky! :)

Found out fri I'm team pink :) can it be put on list pls? x

Hun, I had this this morning but did find pipkin in a completely different place to where I normally do, more central tummy then right hand side, couldn't really pick it up for a reading but could hear it so just assumed (well trying to assume) that baby was lying awkwardly x

Getting ready to head to my ultrasound. I'll update when I get back. :thumbup:

Can't wait to hear and see the results!!!!

Jrowen - Glad you heard :baby: heartbeat. I know that must have been a worrisome moment.

CT1 - Congrats on the team pink!!!

I am SOOOO happy that the second trimester has kicked in! Whew! I was going insane. I don't know about the rest of you U.S. ladies but I am over this summer weather!! I am ready for it to cool down. I feel like I am going to melt. My best friend and mom are in the beginning stages of planning my shower and I am excited to have it. We have so much to get done in such a short time I am starting to feel a little overwhelmed. I keep telling myself that I can't worry about things. Just take it one step at a time and we will get everything finished. But it is hard not to dwell on the mountain of a to do list that is looming!!
Counting down until we get to find out what Tiny is. August can't get here fast enough!!! :happydance:

I ate a couple chocolate chip cookies last night, and then half an hour later I was laying down, and my little one was just going crazy in there. So I just laid there smiling for like 10 minutes while it hopped around until it stopped. I thought that would be it for the day, but later I was lying in bed with my husband and he was talking to my belly and it started moving again. It could've been just random, but he was pretty satisfied with the explanation that our baby was moving to daddy's voice. It was a wonderful moment.

I have an OBGYN appointment at 9 this morning. Should be scheduling my 2nd trimester ultrasound... I'm so freaking excited.

On a different note, I've gained 4.5 pounds. I was of normal weight before I got pregnant, so I know I'm supposed to gain around 25 pounds, but is that too much too soon or not enough by now? How much have you ladies gained?

I ate a couple chocolate chip cookies last night, and then half an hour later I was laying down, and my little one was just going crazy in there. So I just laid there smiling for like 10 minutes while it hopped around until it stopped. I thought that would be it for the day, but later I was lying in bed with my husband and he was talking to my belly and it started moving again. It could've been just random, but he was pretty satisfied with the explanation that our baby was moving to daddy's voice. It was a wonderful moment.

I have an OBGYN appointment at 9 this morning. Should be scheduling my 2nd trimester ultrasound... I'm so freaking excited.

On a different note, I've gained 4.5 pounds. I was of normal weight before I got pregnant, so I know I'm supposed to gain around 25 pounds, but is that too much too soon or not enough by now? How much have you ladies gained?

I was weighed on friday and Ive gained 5lb so far which I think is ok, I was expecting to have gained loads more as my bump seems huge lol

Trying not to drive myself crazy, and I know that it is still early on -- but I still am not feeling many flutters or movements. If this was my first it wouldn't concern me as much, but being my second, I would think I would have started feeling more by now.

I have felt some (at least I am pretty sure I have, I always second guess it).

I just can't wait until I can feel those regular, can't possibly be anything but the baby, movements. They are so reassuring!

Am I the only one feeling worse in the second trimester? I've gotten some really bad headaches! Plus I wake up in the middle of the night wide awake and toss and turn until I fall back asleep... I end up kind if groggy and hazy all day. Ugh.

The first few weeks of second trimester were much the same as the first for me, its only the last week or so that I have started to feel better i.e. no sickness, no tiredness etc. Although I have spoken to soon as was sick this morning, feeling 'normal' now though.

I am not sure but may be feeling the first flutters of movement. Not sure it flutters is the right word but something is definitely going on, if not I am in for some wind this evening :blush: They kind of feel like popping sensations and I have been having them on off all afternoon, now at 16 + 5. Hope it is baby.

We brought of cot bedding yesterday, here is the link for people who would like a peek https://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-...Cotbed-Bedding-Set(0047565)?searchPosition=12

Ladies, when we bought doppler hubby and I read reviews and instructions. Some of the instructions for them said to only use it 3 times a week no more than 10 minutes per time. That is the reason that we decided not to use it more than once a week just to be completely safe. Did any of you find the same advice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->