January Jellybeans 2013!...

OMG sounds awesome! Theres this place in london that's a "secret bar", you walk through this eatery to the back, and theres a a smeg fridge, you open it, and there are stairs behind, walk down, give a password and then you get into this speak easy type bar, they serve drinks in jars and you tell the bartender your fav flavours and they mix you something up based on your favs. SO SO GOOD! I've only been a couple of times but its totally first on the list once I'm drinking again!!! :) Enjoy tonight! x

OH MY GOD THAT PLACE SOUNDS SO COOOOOOL!!!!!! My friends travel to Europe alot and so i'll have to get the details of that place the next time one of them goes.

Last night was alot of fun :) we didn't know they served food there which was a great bonus so we just ate and drank and giggled all night.

DUCKY!!! i'm so sorry for your loss, i can't even imagine how heart wrenching that must be. I love my sisters so dearly my life without one of them... I'm just so sorry for what you're going through, it must be so tough.

CT1 - i added you to the list of updates i need to do, i'll do your pink jellybean when i do everyone elses update

My belly has been feeling very uncomfortable in the last week. Stretching, pulling, bloating feeling. I am also having round ligament pain. I was convinced I had gained at least 5lbs but my weight is stable. I am having a near impossible time getting a decent amount of sleep every night.

What brands of pregnancy pillows have you ladies used or heard were the best? I definitely want to order one as I think it would be a good investment for the next 6 months. Some of them can be used to assist in nursing and to surround the baby.

I worked last night and took the opportunity to take a peak at baby with the ultrasound. It was awesome! I saw little feet, legs, the heart beating, and jumping! I can't do it much longer or I may find out gender!

I've decided to utilise my sewing machine and make my own pregnancy pillow that suits my own needs. The price of some of them is ridiculous and there really isn't much to them, there are instructions online how to do it. At the moment I just use a spare pillow between my thighs to lift my belly off the bed a little and I sleep ok that way.

My belly has been feeling very uncomfortable in the last week. Stretching, pulling, bloating feeling. I am also having round ligament pain. I was convinced I had gained at least 5lbs but my weight is stable. I am having a near impossible time getting a decent amount of sleep every night.

What brands of pregnancy pillows have you ladies used or heard were the best? I definitely want to order one as I think it would be a good investment for the next 6 months. Some of them can be used to assist in nursing and to surround the baby.

I worked last night and took the opportunity to take a peak at baby with the ultrasound. It was awesome! I saw little feet, legs, the heart beating, and jumping! I can't do it much longer or I may find out gender!

I've decided to utilise my sewing machine and make my own pregnancy pillow that suits my own needs. The price of some of them is ridiculous and there really isn't much to them, there are instructions online how to do it. At the moment I just use a spare pillow between my thighs to lift my belly off the bed a little and I sleep ok that way.

That sounds like a good idea. Those pillows do look really comfortable but I would not pay that much for something I wouldn't use more than 5 months. Is it hard to make? I make a lot of stuff myself and I love using my sewing machine so this might be an option I would look into.

That sounds like a good idea. Those pillows do look really comfortable but I would not pay that much for something I wouldn't use more than 5 months. Is it hard to make? I make a lot of stuff myself and I love using my sewing machine so this might be an option I would look into.

There are some on pinterest but I also googled DIY maternity pillow or DIY pregnancy pillow and there are a lot of options, none of them look difficult. I have a heap of fabric and some fill so I'm going to give it a go soon. I'm not a fantastic sewer but it looks like even I can manage it :thumbup:

I'm going to try and make as much as I can, burp clothes and bibs and sheets etc. I love being able to choose my own fabrics instead of whatever a manufacturer chooses to make their products in.

Oh and here's one I found using an old sheet, I have some vintage sheets that would be cute for this

https://www.vibrant-designs.net/2012/01/maternity-pillow-tutorial-aka-cushy.html

Sorry for ur loss u and ur family are in my thoughts

There are some on pinterest but I also googled DIY maternity pillow or DIY pregnancy pillow and there are a lot of options, none of them look difficult. I have a heap of fabric and some fill so I'm going to give it a go soon. I'm not a fantastic sewer but it looks like even I can manage it :thumbup:

I'm going to try and make as much as I can, burp clothes and bibs and sheets etc. I love being able to choose my own fabrics instead of whatever a manufacturer chooses to make their products in.

Oh yea! I love doing that. I made changing mats/ play mat, burp cloths, and nursing covers for 2 girls that are having babies very soon. I have patterns for bibs too but I didn't get around to making them with them. I have patterns for making maternity pants and shirts. You can save so much money and it really isn't hard. I like that I have had the practice with the baby stuff with the two girls so I can make mine even better! :haha: I'm very excited. I will have to look around about the pillow. I LOVE pinterest. I'm such a pinhead. :haha:

Oh and here's one I found using an old sheet, I have some vintage sheets that would be cute for this

https://www.vibrant-designs.net/2012/01/maternity-pillow-tutorial-aka-cushy.html

Oh this is awesome!! I just got some old sheet type material from a friend for free and I'm pretty sure there is enough to make a pillow. I already have stuff to fill it ... I think I have a project for tomorrow!!! WOO HOO!!! :happydance:

I'm sorry Ducky! Thats so terrible. I lost my brother in October and it was the worst thing that ever happened to me in my life. Lots & Lots of :hugs:!

Oh this is awesome!! I just got some old sheet type material from a friend for free and I'm pretty sure there is enough to make a pillow. I already have stuff to fill it ... I think I have a project for tomorrow!!! WOO HOO!!! :happydance:

Post a photo when you're done!

Just had my 16 week midwife app, baby's heartbeat was 132 which is said to be the sign of a boy so we shall see at our gender scan tomorrow :)

I have been awake since 4am! SO tired! and heartburn has returned with a vengance, who says the 2nd trimester is easier?! lol

OMG sounds awesome! Theres this place in london that's a "secret bar", you walk through this eatery to the back, and theres a a smeg fridge, you open it, and there are stairs behind, walk down, give a password and then you get into this speak easy type bar, they serve drinks in jars and you tell the bartender your fav flavours and they mix you something up based on your favs. SO SO GOOD! I've only been a couple of times but its totally first on the list once I'm drinking again!!! :) Enjoy tonight! x

OH MY GOD THAT PLACE SOUNDS SO COOOOOOL!!!!!! My friends travel to Europe alot and so i'll have to get the details of that place the next time one of them goes.

Last night was alot of fun :) we didn't know they served food there which was a great bonus so we just ate and drank and giggled all night.

Glad you had a good night, sounds like its just what the doctor ordered! I think im going to see if a pregnant friend of mine fancies a spa day, go get some pregnancy friendly treatments and have some bump friendly drinks along with a good old natter... I feel in need of pampering right now!! :)

Ducky, so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family.

so i am totally done with my progesterone as of saturday! was kinda scary....

Also, had my first bleeding/spotting incident after BDing with Hubby. It really freaked him out, he didnt want to do it ever again! But i told him it was normal and called the Dr. and they reassured it was normal as well. No clots or anything, just bloody when i wiped, and then tappered off and stopped a few hours later. (it was scary tho) but heard LO's HB strong so i knew everything was ok.

I have honestly been dieing of headaches. I stayed home from work yesterday bc i had the worst headache of all times. I dont think it helped i may have been a little dehydrated as well even tho i drank a ton of water at Hubby's baseball game. Ugh.... its aweful to have a pounding headache EVERY day :nope:

:cry: I think I have another UTI!!!
So sorry to hear of your loss Ducky.

Also, I used to get UTI's constantly (one of those lucky ones with recurrent) I would suggest that along with treatment and for longterm use to take a cranberry one a day pill. I don't get them when I take these daily - BUT as soon as I stop for a couple days - BAM! It comes back.... It's the only thing I've found that works. Nothing more painful than having one. :( :hugs:

Dr appt today! Setting up Anatomy and gender scan! Hoping they schedule it within the next few days!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->