January Jellybeans 2013!...

Bridesmaid dress now fits perfect :happydance: new pushchair has been collected and Im in love with it!!!

So tonight Im off to the soon to be SIL's hen party, she is having a psychic (tarot cards, clairvoyant) come to her house and do readings for us all, Ive never seen a psychic before and Im a little sceptical but we shall see. Its a well know UK psychic called John Starkey? Of course there will be food, drinks and a penis shaped cake too lol :blush:

That sounds like a lot of fun! :) have fun!

hello ladies,

i am not sure if i have posted this in this thread or not but i am really really concerned.... i have an indoor cat that sometimes goes out in out front garden where another stray cat come to play. but my cat doesnt touch the other cat. i had this cat for 3 years now and i am currently 13 weeks pregnant. i had a toxoplasmosis test last year and came negative. i do not touch cat's litter but my doctor got me worried as she told me that i could also get toxoplasmosis if i kiss the cat. i do kiss my cat many times and sometimes he touches his mouth with mines but i wash immediately. if my cat has toxoplasmosis, can i still get infected if i kiss him? am really really concerned

the past 2 days i've been more tired than usual, went to bed at 9:30 both nites, got up at 8:30 and if not for the hunger i could have slept out the whole day. Had a 2-3 hour nap this evening and here i am falling asleep :dohh:

I could write a book on how awful Davids Bridal has been to me. I called them once I reached the 12 week mark to make an appointment to exchange my dress. When I went in, the sales clerk (who I think is the manager) took my dress that I already had from me and hung it up to inspect it. Now I never even put the dress on because I knew we were trying and would probably need a new one. She looked it over so carefully, as if I went out partying in it and was trying to return it. It was CLEARLY in perfect condition. So then she walks me over to the dresses so we can pull a larger size. She asked when I was due (I was 12 or 13 weeks at this point and just starting to show, but I'm a little bigger anyways). When I told her she looked me over and said, "So you're really showing early..." Ugh! I put the dress on and she looked annoyed that she had to help me. I couldn't wait to get out of there.

I went back a few weeks later to pick up my dress. I walked in and the manager and another girl were at the entrance and neither one greeted me. They looked as though I was interrupting them. I'm sorry-I thought I was your customer! They called over a new sales clerk to help me. She got me the dress and I asked to make an alterations appointment. She took me back and the seamstress asked what I needed. When I told her I was pregnant she looked at the salesclerk and said very sarcastically "Oh, thank you!" She then assigned me an appointment without asking me about days and was then annoyed when I told her I was on vacation. She made a big point to tell me I would have to pay at the first appointment. I asked her how much and she started to look the dress over. The dress has fabric gathered just under the bust line. She pointed to it and said, "This is going to sit right on your belly. Couldn't you have picked a better dress? Oh wait, are you all wearing the same thing? Well I guess you'll just have to be really uncomfortable." I was speechless. I told her, "well I guess I just have to hope I carry low." and left. I plan on writing a letter, but not until after I get my dress done. And they better do it right-I've been sewing a long time and know when something is properly done. She better not mess with the hormonal pregnant bridesmaid!!!

Sorry for the rant but wanted to share that story. My best friend (the bride) was floored when I told her. My favorite is when she sarcastically thanked the sales girl for giving her the pregnant bridesmaid. How tacky!!!

I could write a book on how awful Davids Bridal has been to me. I called them once I reached the 12 week mark to make an appointment to exchange my dress. When I went in, the sales clerk (who I think is the manager) took my dress that I already had from me and hung it up to inspect it. Now I never even put the dress on because I knew we were trying and would probably need a new one. She looked it over so carefully, as if I went out partying in it and was trying to return it. It was CLEARLY in perfect condition. So then she walks me over to the dresses so we can pull a larger size. She asked when I was due (I was 12 or 13 weeks at this point and just starting to show, but I'm a little bigger anyways). When I told her she looked me over and said, "So you're really showing early..." Ugh! I put the dress on and she looked annoyed that she had to help me. I couldn't wait to get out of there.

I went back a few weeks later to pick up my dress. I walked in and the manager and another girl were at the entrance and neither one greeted me. They looked as though I was interrupting them. I'm sorry-I thought I was your customer! They called over a new sales clerk to help me. She got me the dress and I asked to make an alterations appointment. She took me back and the seamstress asked what I needed. When I told her I was pregnant she looked at the salesclerk and said very sarcastically "Oh, thank you!" She then assigned me an appointment without asking me about days and was then annoyed when I told her I was on vacation. She made a big point to tell me I would have to pay at the first appointment. I asked her how much and she started to look the dress over. The dress has fabric gathered just under the bust line. She pointed to it and said, "This is going to sit right on your belly. Couldn't you have picked a better dress? Oh wait, are you all wearing the same thing? Well I guess you'll just have to be really uncomfortable." I was speechless. I told her, "well I guess I just have to hope I carry low." and left. I plan on writing a letter, but not until after I get my dress done. And they better do it right-I've been sewing a long time and know when something is properly done. She better not mess with the hormonal pregnant bridesmaid!!!

Sorry for the rant but wanted to share that story. My best friend (the bride) was floored when I told her. My favorite is when she sarcastically thanked the sales girl for giving her the pregnant bridesmaid. How tacky!!!

That is just awful, im so sorry you had to go through that! I would never have thought people think of pregnant ladies as being such an inconvenience - what an absolutely bunch of cows!!!

Hopefully you can spread the word about your experience and they'll lose a little business because of it! What did ever happen to good customer service!!

:hugs::hugs:

P.S. Amazing opening ceremony London - all the UK ladies should be super proud :) Makes me miss London a bit (lived there for 4 years)!!

Hope everyone is well xxxxxx

That's just not right personly I would never go there again. I will never go to the bridal world shop that is one hour away from me ever again I got my deb dress there and they had to alter it to fit me it was a au$400 dress then we paid about au$150 to have it altered and when I got it home I noticed it had fake tan all over the inside and a bit on the top half ( I don't wear fake tan never have) and when we called them to complain the told us that I must of had it on as no one else has had the dress on they had to of let someone else put it on or the fake tan would not of been there at all it then cost me on top of everything au$110 to have it cleaned so that it was not covered in fake tan at my deb.

I wish I didn't have to go there! But that's why they're so rude to their customers. The bride picked out the dress and you have to buy that dress so you're already a guaranteed customer no matter how they treat you! They could piss on my dress and set it on fire and I would still have to buy my dress from them!

Ur very right to be upset I can't believe people go out of their way to make others feel like shit !

I can't believe the ridiculous pace my belly is growing at. I'll take a new pic tomorrow.

ARuppe - Friend of mine from my original due-date group has just been treated awfully for the alterations done on her wedding dress (since being pregnant with her 2nd). They treated her badly, did the alternations badly (actually left pins in it) and charged her stupid money. She's always writing a complaint.
These people disgust me, women get pregnant and you'll have to sort them a dress too! Get over it. Ugh.

I have a wedding just to attend in October and I'm worried enough about that without being a bridesmaid!

Snowangel - I LOVE the idea of a powerpoint :) that's brilliant.

It's gone so quickly this time, I can't believe that if I had an US I could see my baby's gender, yet chances are I'm not going to know till 2013!
I will be looking for a flash at the 20 week scan, and personally, I THINK I'll know. Me and OH both think it's a girl and have called it 'she' once or twice by accident. We'll see what happens :)

hello ladies,

i am not sure if i have posted this in this thread or not but i am really really concerned.... i have an indoor cat that sometimes goes out in out front garden where another stray cat come to play. but my cat doesnt touch the other cat. i had this cat for 3 years now and i am currently 13 weeks pregnant. i had a toxoplasmosis test last year and came negative. i do not touch cat's litter but my doctor got me worried as she told me that i could also get toxoplasmosis if i kiss the cat. i do kiss my cat many times and sometimes he touches his mouth with mines but i wash immediately. if my cat has toxoplasmosis, can i still get infected if i kiss him? am really really concerned

Hi there. I don't know a huge amount about this, but I reckon kissing your cat is pretty low risk especially as it is mostly an indoor cat. I believe that cats most often become carriers of toxoplasmosis by killing and eating wild animals who have been infected or by eating raw meat so my guess is that if your cat is only going out now and again and isn't a hunter you are probably okay. The real risk for humans is if you are cleaning out the litter and don't wash your hands properly after (or by eating unwashed vegetables or undercooked meat). If your doctor said not to kiss your cat, maybe best to lay off it from now on, but I am sure the chances of your cat even having toxiplasmosis never mind you catching it would be low, but I am no medical expert. Get them to re-test if you are really worried.

Toxiplasmosis is something that worries me too. We have two cats who spend a fair amount of time outside and one of whom loves to hunt. Hubby took over litter duties once we started trying to get pregnant (although to be fair they mainly go outside now) and I just try and keep my hands clean after handling them and before I eat. It does worry me though, but I read some stats which said that around 2,000 UK women per year contract toxoplasmosis during pregnancy. In about 800 of these cases the infection will pass from mother to baby and around 80 babies per year are severely affected. That's a pretty low number when you think about all the pregnant women in the UK who probably have cats and some of them probably didn't even get it from a cat. :hugs:

Wow! I haven't had a great experience with them either. That's why I will never go to them again. Also I will never let them do my alterations they almost always get it wrong. And they over charge.

So, the psychic last night, alot of what he said was quite general although he described my grandparents and my relationship down to a t. What freaked me out was at the end, just before he stopped recording the session he said 'why havent you asked me about the baby?' now bear in mind I was purposly wearing a baggy top and you couldnt see a bump, I just looked at him and said 'the baby?' he smiled and said 'yes, its a little boy, but you already know that' OMG!! He also told my MIL that he could sense she has four grandchildren, one on the way and one that has already passed which is spot on. Im very sceptical about this stuff but he was a bit scary!!

Thanks for all the support ladies-here's hoping I don't have to turn all crazy hormonal on them when I got for my first fitting.

Happy news though-our crib was delivered and assembled yesterday!! It so strange seeing a crib in there! But very excited, we have our blinds for our skylights ordered and they are coming out to measure to install a door onto the baby's new room. Right now it's a big wide open entrance so we're having french doors put on. Had a very productive weekend getting baby things done :) On the crib is a blanket I made...I wish it was clearer in the picture, it came out beautiful :cloud9:

Attachments

• photo-5.jpg
    photo-5.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 8
I have had horrible period like cramps for two days now. Anyome else experience this??

Has anyone who experienced early movements had a reduction in movements? My belly has really popped the last few days, from under my breasts now there is a definite curve rather than just a low belly and I'm thinking baby has moved up out of my pelvis well and truly. I have an anterior placenta though and I am wondering if the baby's movements are being muffled by the placenta now that it's shifted upwards? I was feeling regular quickenings since 11/12 weeks and for the past few days just an occassional, what feels like a poke? I just had another one now while writing this. It's been so long since I've been pregnant (12 years) that I can't recall having this before, I'm not sure if I should worry or not but I'm really wishing I had a doppler now so I can have that reassurance LO is still ok in there. OH keeps telling me not to worry and that if something was wrong mothers instincts would kick in but I still keep wondering if I should be more concerned.
Sorry for the rambling.

Aruppe - that looks beautiful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"