January Jellybeans 2013!...

I have had horrible period like cramps for two days now. Anyome else experience this??

Yes, for 2 days around 13-14 weeks. Scared me quite a bit. They were so bad I was sweating. Then they went away. If there is no bleeding, it's probably ok. I found a heated bean bag really helped.

hello ladies,

i am not sure if i have posted this in this thread or not but i am really really concerned.... i have an indoor cat that sometimes goes out in out front garden where another stray cat come to play. but my cat doesnt touch the other cat. i had this cat for 3 years now and i am currently 13 weeks pregnant. i had a toxoplasmosis test last year and came negative. i do not touch cat's litter but my doctor got me worried as she told me that i could also get toxoplasmosis if i kiss the cat. i do kiss my cat many times and sometimes he touches his mouth with mines but i wash immediately. if my cat has toxoplasmosis, can i still get infected if i kiss him? am really really concerned

Hi there. I don't know a huge amount about this, but I reckon kissing your cat is pretty low risk especially as it is mostly an indoor cat. I believe that cats most often become carriers of toxoplasmosis by killing and eating wild animals who have been infected or by eating raw meat so my guess is that if your cat is only going out now and again and isn't a hunter you are probably okay. The real risk for humans is if you are cleaning out the litter and don't wash your hands properly after (or by eating unwashed vegetables or undercooked meat). If your doctor said not to kiss your cat, maybe best to lay off it from now on, but I am sure the chances of your cat even having toxiplasmosis never mind you catching it would be low, but I am no medical expert. Get them to re-test if you are really worried.

Toxiplasmosis is something that worries me too. We have two cats who spend a fair amount of time outside and one of whom loves to hunt. Hubby took over litter duties once we started trying to get pregnant (although to be fair they mainly go outside now) and I just try and keep my hands clean after handling them and before I eat. It does worry me though, but I read some stats which said that around 2,000 UK women per year contract toxoplasmosis during pregnancy. In about 800 of these cases the infection will pass from mother to baby and around 80 babies per year are severely affected. That's a pretty low number when you think about all the pregnant women in the UK who probably have cats and some of them probably didn't even get it from a cat. :hugs:

I am a veterinarian. The only way to contract toxoplasmosis from your cat is to accidentally ingest feces that contains hatched spores. The parasite does not become infective until it is exposed to the environment for 24 hours (read: old poop). You have an incredibly low risk of contracting the disease from your cat.

Have someone else clean litter, cook meat thoroughly, and clean counters before food prep (especially if you have counter top dwellers like I do).

I have had horrible period like cramps for two days now. Anyome else experience this??

Yes, for 2 days around 13-14 weeks. Scared me quite a bit. They were so bad I was sweating. Then they went away. If there is no bleeding, it's probably ok. I found a heated bean bag really helped.

Omg, yes. I have been in bed for almost 2 days straight. They were hurting so bad the other night it woke me up! It seems to be subsiding finlally

Omg, yes. I have been in bed for almost 2 days straight. They were hurting so bad the other night it woke me up! It seems to be subsiding finlally

I've had them too for the past 2 days ... I was a little nervous because it was hurting pretty bad ... today I got an answer as to what it was ... (tmi) apparently it was a constipation issue. I've never had problems with constipation ...not any time in my life, not with my pregnancy with DD or during this one so I'm really not sure what triggered it but it was awful! (again sorry if there is any tmi here) I've been one that goes 2-3 times a day and I don't normally have to pay attention to my bathroom habits. I was almost in tears earlier because it was so painful to go. I know it was super painful during but I knew that if I didn't get it over with I could have worse problems. That was not my first thought because like I said I've never had that problem and it felt just like menstrual cramps. I hope that whatever it is passes quickly for you. I know the pain is no fun and worrisome. Try some tylenol and maybe a heating pad ... also perhaps a warm bath might ease the pain. :hugs:

I've had them too for the past 2 days ... I was a little nervous because it was hurting pretty bad ... today I got an answer as to what it was ... (tmi) apparently it was a constipation issue. I've never had problems with constipation ...not any time in my life, not with my pregnancy with DD or during this one so I'm really not sure what triggered it but it was awful! (again sorry if there is any tmi here) I've been one that goes 2-3 times a day and I don't normally have to pay attention to my bathroom habits. I was almost in tears earlier because it was so painful to go. I know it was super painful during but I knew that if I didn't get it over with I could have worse problems. That was not my first thought because like I said I've never had that problem and it felt just like menstrual cramps. I hope that whatever it is passes quickly for you. I know the pain is no fun and worrisome. Try some tylenol and maybe a heating pad ... also perhaps a warm bath might ease the pain. :hugs:

Thanks. Yeah I've been popping tylenol

Yea i get the period type cramps when im backed up! And recently its been alll the time.. I literally cry it hurts so bad.. I had to take a laxitive to help me out the one time and it was such a releif!!!

Yea i get the period type cramps when im backed up! And recently its been alll the time.. I literally cry it hurts so bad.. I had to take a laxitive to help me out the one time and it was such a releif!!!

:baby: is apparently going to be lactose intolerant like DD was ... Dairy was making me sick and is now giving me (TMI) diarrhea if I have too much so (and this sounds strange) but after this afternoons issue, I went and got a snickers ice cream bar. :haha: Yummy ... and worked. Strange but anything is better than earlier! UGH!

Sorry you seem to be suffering ladies.

I'm suffering with a really itchy rash on the back of my legs. Just above the knee. It's so itchy I've obviously been itching in the night unaware and woke up to blood spots all over the sheets - as you can imagine I freaked out! I'm not too worried about it as think it may be heat rash, it seemed to come on Saturday night and I had a new pair of leggings on so wonder if it was something in the fabric. If it was all over I'd maybe call my GP but as only my legs and in an isolated patch I'm not too worried. Just wish the itching would stop!

I can't believe that in two days I'll be 18 weeks pregnant! Only 3 weeks till gender scan!

i'm glad to hear this because i have indeed been VERY crampy, but it's not really ligament pains it's more crampiness and today it's also in my lower back but i had quite an active day. I don't remember what Eva's pregnancy was like in terms of crampiness....

i know mine is not connected to my bowel movements though as they are frequent and fine.

Hi there. Sorry if this is TMI, but I have something weird going on with my nipples. On Sat I was doing some cleaning when I got a really sharp pain in my left breast. It felt like something was stinging or bitting me, but I couldn't see anything. I kept getting the sharp pains, but they eased when I put a bra on and I just put it down to growing pains. Last night they were really sore again so I had another look and this time saw something black attached to the side of my nipple. I tried to brush it off, but was really sore and seems to be attached. Anybody got any ideas what it could be? I googled it and found some people saying they had skin tags on their nipples which went black. I've never seen anything like it and its got me a bit worried.

I get some cramps if I'm active a lot, its not bowel related. Mine are the worst if I'm doing a lot of housework and I have to rest up until they pass.

After my post earlier about movements my LO has been moving like crazy the last few hours. Phew!

Hi Girls. Is it OK if I join you? I'm due 28th Jan with my second child (DS is nearly 2 now). Only just found this group & would love to spend the next 6 months with you all! x

Hi Miss Mummy! Remember you from 1st tri - nice to see a familiar face :)

Don't know about you, but I'm still feeling pretty rubbish & not gained any weight! Totally different to last pregnancy (so I am thinking girl maybe?) DS is being fab though - really starting to be more independent & talking more, which is a massive help. He's like my best buddy at the mo - totally cracks me up!

How are things going with you?

Im very tried still and also still getting very bad migraines so still no work for me but i really dont think my boss cares (has not called me once and i am on call) Christian is one on the 13th of August i cant believe it i feel like i blinked and missed most of the last year :S

Oh no, hope they don't last this time :(

We're going to have the madness of that first year again soon so don't worry! Nathan is 2 on 10th August & I've loved this last year even more than the first. He's such a little man now! I wish I could do it again (though guess I will with no.2) so enjoy! X

good morning ladies, i go next monday the 6th for my anatomy scan and ill be 19 weeks is that too soon??? the dr said they can tell u as early as 14weeks so i figure 19 will be ok???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->