January Jellybeans 2013!...

Are any of you ladies having problems with sleeping on your side? Most nights sleeping on my sides ( mostly the right) causes pain in my abdomen. That seems bizarre to me because we aren't suppose to lay on our back getting further along ... :shrug: ... any thoughts on what could be the culprit?

good morning ladies, i go next monday the 6th for my anatomy scan and ill be 19 weeks is that too soon??? the dr said they can tell u as early as 14weeks so i figure 19 will be ok???

That is fine. They told me about DD being a girl when I was 17 weeks and that was 4 years ago. My best friend found out when she was 15 weeks this time. The technology is always getting better and I believe the reason they wait until 20 weeks or very close to it is to do all the measurements along with a gender scan.

yes the 4D scans are amazing!! OMG!! thanks
good morning ladies, i go next monday the 6th for my anatomy scan and ill be 19 weeks is that too soon??? the dr said they can tell u as early as 14weeks so i figure 19 will be ok???

That is fine. They told me about DD being a girl when I was 17 weeks and that was 4 years ago. My best friend found out when she was 15 weeks this time. The technology is always getting better and I believe the reason they wait until 20 weeks or very close to it is to do all the measurements along with a gender scan.

i absolutely CANNOT sleep on my right side for some reason!! i have same exact issue it just hurts!! but yes drs say do NOT sleep on back bc of all the weight sits on your spine and nerves and can cause you to stop breathing!!:shrug: its like the only place to sleep is on my left side!! i just dont sleep comfortably really :cry:
Are any of you ladies having problems with sleeping on your side? Most nights sleeping on my sides ( mostly the right) causes pain in my abdomen. That seems bizarre to me because we aren't suppose to lay on our back getting further along ... :shrug: ... any thoughts on what could be the culprit?

phew.... long weekend.... my SIL got married and it was a tiring weekend for a preggers! I keep feeling the baby move like crazy! and when i used the doppler is sounds like s/he is having a party in my tummy.

Hope you ladies had a nice weekend!

I woke up SUPER tired this morning, there are so many days where i just want to not go to work and sleep all day

Little J - hope the wedding was good?

I have trouble sleeping on my left side because I suffer with hip bursitus which seems to flare up from time to time. At night it can be unbearable in terms of pain. My books all say that sleeping on your left side is the best position as it delivers extra blood and nutrients to the baby. I normally find myself on either side when I wake although I tend to fall asleep on my back which I know I need to stop doing. I may try a pregnany pillow soon as it is supposed to help and hoping it will help on my bursitus.

My little one sounds as though they are having a party in my uterus too! Everytime I listen in I can hear the movements and they are crazy loud!

My SPD has stepped up a notch today, its really hurting to walk :cry: Ive got my first physio app tomorrow so hopefully they will do something to give me some relief but Im definitly not gonna last until christmas at work unless they do.

I've been trying to sleep on my sides because sleeping on my back actually makes me feel weird, but sleeping on my sides makes my hips hurt so badly! I tried to stuff a body pillow under my hip last night, but it just elevated my body too much and twisted me into a weird position... I guess there's just no sleeping... :wacko: :sleep:

I've been trying to sleep on my sides because sleeping on my back actually makes me feel weird, but sleeping on my sides makes my hips hurt so badly! I tried to stuff a body pillow under my hip last night, but it just elevated my body too much and twisted me into a weird position... I guess there's just no sleeping... :wacko: :sleep:

Have you tried the pillow between your knees/legs. This really helped me with hip pain last time around when sleeping on my side x

I can't get comfy either side and its hard as I've never slept on my back .. I've started sleeping with a pillow under the side of my bump x

the wedding was fine... very different (we dont really get along with SIL now husband and his family was causing drama and it was just a wierd wedding all together)

I always have to put a pillow inbetween my legs when i sleep so it helps my hips. I actually just bought a Boommerange pillow at Bed Bath and beyond! Its not as big and bulky as a body pillow or those snoogle pregnancy pillows that wrap around your body. Its kinda shapped like an "L". I used it lastnght and it worked well, its just i flip around when i sleep at night and when im under the covers its hard to flip over with it in bewtween my legs.

was anyone really crampy at 14 weeks? I feel the baby moving around alot and what seems like a dance party going on.... but its making me really crampy.... is that normal at 14 weeks?

i absolutely CANNOT sleep on my right side for some reason!! i have same exact issue it just hurts!! but yes drs say do NOT sleep on back bc of all the weight sits on your spine and nerves and can cause you to stop breathing!!:shrug: its like the only place to sleep is on my left side!! i just dont sleep comfortably really :cry:

Welcome to pregnancy. Yes your hips hurt when you side sleep and so you are honestly just screwed. With Eva's pregnancy I would sleep an hour and a half each side the entire night because it's all the pain my hips could handle without changing sides. But a body pillow did help a little bit. Also if you don't want to sleep on your back then don't but the baby and uterus is not very heavy now and you'll know EXACTLY what they're talking about once you start to get big, the moment you're on your back you can feel instantly how much you can't breath and how suffocating it is. I still sleep on my stomachs, or half on half off... more of a side lying while completely leaning forward, but on bad back days I use the body pillow and sleep in the spare room.

I found a bothersome new side effect of pregnancy last night... My nipples have started leaking... I know it happens to a lot of pregnant women, but doesn't the 18th week just seem way early for that?

I noticed a little leak yesterday... REALLY hoping that it stops! This could be super awkward otherwise....

I also seem to be EXTREMELY appetizing to mosquitos... Had a wedding on Saturday and got eaten alive, the bites are still super itchy and aren't seeming to get any better - I'm trying SO hard to not touch them and using any household remedy I can think of or find online....

I use a contoured pillow between my knees to help with the back pain but my hips aren't what hurts. It hurts inside my abdomen. I saw abdomen because it isn't just where the baby is or up high. It is like when I roll something is playing pinball with my insides all at once. If I roll onto my right side, I can feel how heavy everything is inside and it is super uncomfortable and painful. My left side there is just some pain. I can sleep on that side if I'm wrapped all up on DH but he is an inferno so sleeping all wrapped up on him doesn't last long. However it still seems the only way to sleep is on my stomach. This morning, I woke up at 5:30 and couldn't sleep. So at 7, I tried laying back down and rolled over onto my stomach ... it was like magic. Everything stopped hurting and I fell back to sleep. I would think being 17 weeks and having a bump that I couldn't sleep like that. I'm telling you ... this pregnancy is so weird to me. :haha:

I noticed a little leak yesterday... REALLY hoping that it stops! This could be super awkward otherwise....

I also seem to be EXTREMELY appetizing to mosquitos... Had a wedding on Saturday and got eaten alive, the bites are still super itchy and aren't seeming to get any better - I'm trying SO hard to not touch them and using any household remedy I can think of or find online....
Spoke too soon..... They're both leaking and I had to use tissue in my bra :( Seriously? This early!

Spoke too soon..... They're both leaking and I had to use tissue in my bra :( Seriously? This early!

I'm sure it is normal. Perhaps it is a sign that you will have a good supply when the time comes. :shrug:

Apparently u produce it around 3-4 months and it can leak... But most people don't notice until much later into the pregnancy.
And I am hoping it indicates a good supply for when baby comes! Hopefully these knockers don't keep growing too much more....

I found a bothersome new side effect of pregnancy last night... My nipples have started leaking... I know it happens to a lot of pregnant women, but doesn't the 18th week just seem way early for that?

I haven't leaked, but after my nipples were hurting a whole bunch I noticed a white kind of... cover? to my nipples, it was a very hard white thing on my nipple that I managed to take off in shower. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->