January Jellybeans 2013!...

I am so excited about all the scans! Congrats Pink Mamas! Now i'm just DYING for mine all of 3 days away.

i am having troubles sleeping also. I only get 2 good nights where i actually sleep, the rest of the nights I am tossing and turning like crazy! either too hot... too cold... neck hurts... arms falling asleep from laying on them,not to mention having to PEE in the middle of the night, UGH!

I wanted my shower to be the weekend before Thanksgiving as family members would be in town, but my MIL said she would like to throw my shower but "will have to think about hosting it" as she is busy planning her MIL's 80th b-day for the first weekend of Nov. and its her turn for her family to host thanksgiving. It kinda made me sad as well as she also made the comment "it would only be for MY side of the family" meaning, my side wouldnt be invited :nope: and i dont have much family that lives near me anyways. she also said shed like it to be a "couples" shower (which i would like anwyays) but i just thought, what nerve for her to tell me how my shower will be. She also said "first weekend of Dec. would be best for the shower" as the weekend i wanted is opening hunting season. but who cares?!
So hubby said maybe he and I should host it and we can have it any time we want and invite whoever we want..... i dont want to make her mad if we decide to but, it just seems easier as just like my wedding it seems as tho shes trying to hi-jack it and make it how SHE wants.... so annoyed....

like most of you, i want my shower atleast 2 months prior to the due date as i want to get the nursery set up with the gifts etc. and have enough time to buy the things we didnt get and will still need

Little J it's your shower, don't think so much about hurting people's feelings. If you know you'll be more comfortable having it earlier when you can enjoy it more, then that's what you should do. A shower is supposed to help YOU out and be for YOUR enjoyment, doesn't make sense to have it when it will just cause you stress and maybe last minute shopping so do what makes you happy.

i am having troubles sleeping also. I only get 2 good nights where i actually sleep, the rest of the nights I am tossing and turning like crazy! either too hot... too cold... neck hurts... arms falling asleep from laying on them,not to mention having to PEE in the middle of the night, UGH!

I wanted my shower to be the weekend before Thanksgiving as family members would be in town, but my MIL said she would like to throw my shower but "will have to think about hosting it" as she is busy planning her MIL's 80th b-day for the first weekend of Nov. and its her turn for her family to host thanksgiving. It kinda made me sad as well as she also made the comment "it would only be for MY side of the family" meaning, my side wouldnt be invited :nope: and i dont have much family that lives near me anyways. she also said shed like it to be a "couples" shower (which i would like anwyays) but i just thought, what nerve for her to tell me how my shower will be. She also said "first weekend of Dec. would be best for the shower" as the weekend i wanted is opening hunting season. but who cares?!
So hubby said maybe he and I should host it and we can have it any time we want and invite whoever we want..... i dont want to make her mad if we decide to but, it just seems easier as just like my wedding it seems as tho shes trying to hi-jack it and make it how SHE wants.... so annoyed....

like most of you, i want my shower atleast 2 months prior to the due date as i want to get the nursery set up with the gifts etc. and have enough time to buy the things we didnt get and will still need

Aww hun you definitly want your shower to include all of your family and friends. I would just tell her you have decided to host the party yourselves but would really like her help organising it as you know she is really good at it. That way you can invite who you like and have it when you like and she cant really get upset :hugs:

Little J - It is your shower and you should be able to have what you want. I think you should tell her you don't think you want a shower after all but are going to host a BBQ just to celebrate with everyone. This is what i did! I sent out invitations inviting everyone to a "family and friends BBQ, to help celebrate the upcoming birth of our little bundle" So it was more like a party really, which was perfect for me because A. Men could come. B. No horrible shower games were played. C. I still got baby presents. I think i still referred to it as a baby shower but i mean you don't have to and nor do you have to tell your mother in law that.

Oh ladies, our 'lovely' cats seem to have caught fleas so I will be spending the evening defleaing our home and pets, but I dunno if its my hormones or something but Ive been bitten to hell!! My legs are covered :cry:

Any ideas on itching relief thats safe in pregnancy? Ive seen some sites say Piriton is ok but not piriteze??

Hi girls i've updated post one with our new jellybeans!! I also CHEATED!!! i searched for posts from people who haven't posted on the thread but are on post one and found a few more genders to colour up our front page. HAHA! But i only got as far a January 5th so if any of you are bored to all hell one day feel FREE to search some more users. Jogami is having twin girls so that pushed the girls into winning place.

I just searched for the ladies due on the 7th as its the same day as me and couldnt find any more colours, it seems two of the ladies have mc'd though :cry:

LittleJ, seems like you have a pushy MIL! Maybe thank her for the offer, but as she already has so many other comitments, you and DH will host it.

I'm quite envious of all these baby showers. When we had DS, my work got us a mobile for the cot and my MIL put £30 towards our cotbed mattress lol last of the big spenders! That was it!

Nipsnnibbles is pink too Betheney, so one more pink bean.

beat me to it! There's only weeplin left without a bean then on 1st Jan. She's in Scotland, so probably wont find out for another 2 weeks if she's finding out, unless she has a private scan.

Damn I wish I was finding out gender!

Part of me does too. DS has now started to ask if we can. He's waited so long for a sibling bless him, and he says he just really wants to know if he's having a brother or sister, he's just fed up of waiting!

Mellywelly that's hilarious! A mobile!!

It was a very nice mobile though, it even had a remote control, to activate lights and sounds. I think they gave us some money too. It was more than DH's family gave us anyway!

MIL acted like she wanted to have baby shower last week of November. Hello Thanksgiving? People wont want to go or will get a last minute gift with all of whats gonna be going on. I still have to talk to her, we will have to go to Houston to have it because we are the only ones up here and they are pretty much the only ones down there, so neutral ground. I guess we will get to talk about it this weekend, hubby wants to go... sigh. 8 hours trip just 'cause isn't my definition of fun, even if it is pretty relaxing once you are there.

A week and some days to find out what baby is! :)

oh thanks girls i did completely miss Nips, i have been memorising who to update because i'm on my phone usually and i think i merged nips and nikki as one person. lol.

I was really surprised with my in-laws, they're always crazy generous and when we were pregnant they bought a few onesies and that was it, i really was expecting like a car seat or something. lol. Shame on me.

Congratulations to all of you who have found out what team you are on :D
Today (it is now almost 10pm) I went and got all my sons first birthday presents :D I also got a pinyater (I think that's how it's spelt :S) that is shaped like a 1 for his party this Sunday :D I am so excited hehe trying to work out were the last year went on Monday the 13th it's been one year since I gave birth to an amazing little man. Also today I got myself some new clothes not all of them will fit me for long during my pregnancy but the were only au$3 so I don't mind :D I also got myself a very nice top to wear for LOs party and some maternity leggings (they are very comfy).
I go back to the doctor on the 22nd of August and will probably have to wait another week after that to find out if I'm having a notskye. Lue jelly been or if I will get my first pink jellybean

Hope he has a fab birthday & you enjoy it too! :)

I don't know when I'll have to start buying maternity clothes. I'm sure my bump is taking longer to show this time, which is a bit worrying. Should hear the HB next week though which will make me feel better.

How are your migraines? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"