January Jellybeans 2013!...

Yogurt too, when taking an antibiotic. It helps put the "good bacteria" back. I drank a lot of cranberry juice with mine too. I hope you feel better soon UTIs are the worst!! :hugs:

I hope you girls can help me out.

Since 18w i've been feeling baby kick alot throughout the day, two days ago (20 weeks) i felt a tonne of kicks first thing in the morning, a few times throughout the day and then baby kicked heaps that night when i was going to sleep then again in the middle of the night. It's prob been like this for the past week.

But since then i've had pretty much nothing... i mean back between 16w and 18w i quite frequently had a day or two which was kick free but not really anything even close to that in the last week. The whole last week has just been full of kicks everyday which is why i'm a bit thrown about today.

Have any of you that are past or around 20 weeks have any reduced fetal movement for a day???

My uni is near a hospital so if i still don't feel anything in the morning i might drop in to the hospital but i'd still like to know if anyone else around 20w have experienced the same kind of thing or if you're all just getting lots of kicks all day

Please help me

<3

I had a few days where I didn't feel much of Boop at all. This was about a week - 2 weeks ago. Someone mentioned it could be for a few reasons. Weather - if it's miserable out, baby could be "hibernating." Growth - when baby is growing, s/he can't do much else, so you won't feel much movement. Your mood/well-being - if you aren't feeling well, baby knows it and will reflect your mood.

My guess is growth spurt. Maybe try some cold juice or chocolate and then lay down and see if that helps? I know chocolate always gets Boop moving, even if it's just a little bit. I wouldn't worry too much, hun, I'm sure baby is just fine. :hugs:

Betheney - I was about the post the exact same thing! 18wk - 20wk constant movements and kicks, especially after breakfast, lunch and dinner. And now 20wk all seems to be a lot quieter, yesterday I noticed one kick all day and that was late in the evening before I went to bed and then again today very few. I've tried my Doppler and can find HB but Baby soon shifts so don't hear it for long. I have my scan Wednesday so as long as I can still pick up on Doppler will ask when see midwife

It does ease my fears to know i'm not alone then.

I've been drinking sugary things all day but am about to go to bed so don't want to right now. We also don't have any chocolate in the house :-/

I thought i felt 1-2 kicks today but wasn't too sure if that's what it was... I have my scan Thursday as well but waiting till then is not going to be easy. I told hubby at lunch time today that it did concern me i had no movement last night when going to bed when i always do, but then i was concerned even more when i had none this morning when i always do. But right as i was telling him i thought i felt 1-2 kicks so felt a bit better but now it's 11pm and just nothing all day really other than that possible 1-2.

I don't want to send anyone into a frenzy but i do know one mumma whose baby had passed and when she said she had still felt slight bits of movement over the last few days they told her it was the baby floating around.

So i just don't feel like i can stop stressing until i get a nice big batch of kicks like i used to.

Oh I also read that baby sleeps 12-14 hours a day now, so you just may have a little sleepy head!

Betheney- the same thing has happened to me just the other day. I've been feeling consistent movements and then nothing. I asked one of the ob's that I work with about it and she said that we can't even assess baby's well being by movement until 28 weeks. That's when we can do kick counts and if there's less movement they'd want to see us to check on baby's well being.
Hang in there! :hugs:

Phew!!!!

I'm so grateful you ladies are here. Thank you for replying and making me feel better. It's so unlike me to post paranoid posts and when I finally needed to post one I was terrified I wouldn't get any replies and would be driving to the hospital unnecessarily.

Like I said I wouldn't of been concerned if I didn't have like a full week of movements.

This little one is already keeping me on my toes.

Thank you so much ladies. I'm so busy these days I'm not really a regular contributor to the thread but I'm grateful you are all here when I needed advice.

You are all wonderful and kind ladies.

&#9825;&#9825;&#9825;&#9825;&#9825;&#9825;&#9825;&#9825;&#9825;

I just googled that about movements too!!!

I really cant believe how far Ive come in a year last yr on the this date I couldnt wait for the 20th to get married and now 1 year later I cant wait for the 20th to find out the gender! Less than 24 hours!!!

What I've been told by my OB about the movements, is the baby is simply still very small. So up until the third trimester, it is normal to have periods where you feel it move all the time and periods where you hardly every or don't feel it move because it still has area in there where you won't feel any of the movement. My sister in law, who is about 8 weeks ahead of me, didn't feel her baby move at all until 22 weeks because her placenta is on the right side of her uterus and that's where he likes to hang out.

Hi ladies! Taking a break from working on the nursery! WHEW! Moving all of the office stuff out is a JOB! DH is outside with my brother building our new storage shed so we can store all this stuff until we can eventually add on to the house. This is so exciting!! I can't believe I'm getting the nursery ready!!! :happydance::cloud9:

I want to start baby's room just don't know where to start :/

Pick one place to start and the rest just starts to fall into place. You could just put in the furniture and see where you go from there. I loved setting up DD's room so this is exciting all over again!! :)
I can't wait to get all the furniture and decorations put in there. I don't have any yet :haha: but I am excited to get it done. Emptying the room is out is taking a lot out of me. I don't think I realized how much stuff was in there!! It will be beautiful though!

I just moved and I got to get my older sons room fixed then I have a shit load of clothes then there is the cleaning dh does alot so can't complain it s just I get overwhelmed when all this stuff has to get done

Don't stress! You'll get everything situated! I know it doesn't seem like it, especially since you just moved. Try not to think on the big scale of things .... like I have this WHOLE room to do. Take it one thing at a time. Just putting a crib in or something like that. It will get finished quicker than you think. :thumbup:

Does anyone know of a site that tells u what u should have before baby comes ?
I want to start buying diapers but not sure how many boxes of each ? If anyone knows let me know that's :)

Hey ladies, man Ive just had to read soooo many pages to catch up from this weekend lol.

Congratulations to all the coloured jellybeans that have appeared :happydance:

So I was a bridesmaid yesterday and had a lovely day, I was really worried Id just look like a huge hefalump but the dress fit lovely and my hair did as it was told lol

Cant believe Im hitting the 20 week mark tomorrow!!!!! Got our anomoly scan first thing in the morning so hoping they confirm its a boy or the gender scan place will be having a telephone call pmsl.

We find out what we are having on the 30th! So excited I can't wait! I think I'm more excited to shop and start the nursery! :) its going by fast!

Less than 24 hours now until the scan... I'm just excited to have a pronoun to use for the baby!! Haha! I think my mom is going to explode with excitement. I'm an only child so this is their first grandbaby and this kid will be spoiled to no end. I'm also excited to then be able to start registering and picking things out for the nursery! We have some construction stuff that needs to get done but we will be scheduling it this week an then ill feel like I'm really getting things accomplished!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confettiblue
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->