January Jellybeans 2013!...

Gingermango - Hope your ankles sort themselves out quick!

Betheney - When is the right time window for BH contractions? I haven't had any yet this time, but got tightenings from 18 weeks whenever I drove anywhere the first time around.

I put some batteries in my bathroom scales today & weighed myself for the first time. I'm up 1lb on my pre pregnancy weight, which seems too little to me for nearly 18wks. Anyone know what is average? I'm quite happy about not piling it on, but also a bit worried about the implications for the baby as DS's weight was in the bottom 0.2% for at term babies (& I was heavier with him).

Should also say my BMI is a little on the low side at just over 19, so I don't really have any fat reserves to burn.

Girls talking about peeing... omg same with me! I always feel like I have to pee but then i go and barely anything comes out! So annoying!

Kaicee - Im glad it looks like you're going to make your appt!!!!!!! FX!!!

Betheny - glad your scan went well! Let us know when you cave in and watch the dvd hHAHAHA!!!!

In the book I read they say BH contractions can start at 21 Weeks!
i've been having tightenings since very early, where my tummy goes rock rock hard. Everyone tells me it's too early for braxton hicks so i just call them tightenings until it's within the braxton hits acceptable week range then i continue to call them braxton hicks. Eva's pregnancy was the same. I get them very often and very easily. If i over work myself like walking to much or lifting a few bags of groceries then bang rock hard stomache, i also get them if i let my bladder get crazy full or even after i empty my bladder sometimes. It's rock hard on one side because that's the side the baby is on.

Hey, I really cant complain to much! My legs are starting to get really crampy at night which is annoying! how about you?
hey Lauren, how is everything going with your pregnancy. i see we are still a day off of eachothers due dates :)

Betheney - When is the right time window for BH contractions? I haven't had any yet this time, but got tightenings from 18 weeks whenever I drove anywhere the first time around.

Most women say third tri. But what to expect when your expecting says it can start as early as 20weeks for some women. So I guess it's no longer that early. Haha.

I found the tightenings really uncomfortable at first, but they didn't bother me at all by the end... Guess you just grow more accustomed to your insides being poked, prodded, stretched & doing weird things!

well i remember in late pregnancy with Eva, i had so many braxton hicks all night they would wake me up.

Then 6am one morning my waters spontaneously broke. I remembered i'd had BH the night before that woke me a few times but that wasn't very out of the ordinary. But i wondered later if they were actual labour contractions or not and that i was just able to sleep through them until 6am when my waters broke. Doesn't make a difference i was just very curious.

I really hope I go into labour naturally this time. I'm intrigued to see what those early contractions feel like, as when I was induced with DS I just skipped straight to the unbearable pain stage & it didn't really get much worse. It came on so suddenly that I thought I was allergic to the prostin! Over quickly too though... Is it silly that I wish it had taken longer as I didn't feel I got the chance to enjoy it?

yes very silly ;-) 18 hours of labour was the worst experience of my life, it hurt so effing bad i was hysterical and completely beside myself, the pain was about 1000000x worse than anything i could have imagined.

I really enjoy labour, probably not for the pain part but for the amazing adrenelin rush you get after!!

Although I think if I had had very long or traumatic births I may feel differently!

Great to hear your good news, Betheney.

We won't be finding out the gender at our upcoming ultrasound, but it is tempting. I hope they don't give us that part of our scan on our DVD- no way could I resist looking at it. Do you think you will be able to resist temptation?

I read this today:

On a Trimester Basis:

• First trimester: 1 pound per month ~ (about 4lb) in the first three months.
• Second trimester: 1 pound per week for the next three months ~ (12 - 14lb) in total.
• Third trimester: around 1 pound per week ~ (12lb) over the last three months.

But remember, these are average figures for large numbers of women so just because your weight gain pattern is different, it doesn't mean anything is wrong.
Focus should not be so much on how much weight you are gaining
in pregnancy; but how well you are eating in pregnancy!

It is recommended that women should aim for a weight gain related to their pre-pregnancy BMI:•If BMI was above 26, you should aim for a weight gain of between 15 and 25lb (7 and 11.5kg).
•If BMI was between 20 and 26, you should aim for a weight gain of 25 to 35lb (11.5 to 16kg).
•If BMI was less than 20, you should aim for a weight gain of 28 to 40lb (12.5 to 18kg).

I hope this answers your question? :thumbup:

DS got to feel Boop kick yesterday! He was so excited! :cloud9:

Re: Braxton Hicks, I got them when we were in the middle of everything with my sister. I guess stress can cause them, too. :shrug:

Great to hear your good news, Betheney.

We won't be finding out the gender at our upcoming ultrasound, but it is tempting. I hope they don't give us that part of our scan on our DVD- no way could I resist looking at it. Do you think you will be able to resist temptation?

Yes I think I'll be fine because I intentionally didn't look at Eva's DVD the whole pregnancy for the same reason. So if I did it once I can do it again.... I hope

So happy for the OPTION of drugs....

I'm still below pre-pregnancy weight by 6 lbs..... My doc said not to gain weight until after 20 weeks....

So happy for the OPTION of drugs....

That could be the reason I like it so much tbh, my SIL had to wake me up inbetween contractions as the pethedine made me so floaty lol

That could be the reason I like it so much tbh, my SIL had to wake me up inbetween contractions as the pethedine made me so floaty lol
My gf goes on about how EASY it all was but she was given the epidural.... Hard to compare as the people who do natural say OMG horrible!

I agree totally. I wouldnt have an epidural but Im more than happy to have pethedine and gas&air, I want to feel that Im giving birth but not be in unbearable pain! I know many many women really want a totally natural birth but Im not one for putting myself through un-necessary pain lol.

We don't have access to most of that stuff, which kinda sucks....
Plus my gf planned natural but HAD to take the epidural as she had uterine irriation and really irregular contractions - it helped to progress :)

I had an epidural and still ended up in horrible pain. Dumb thing ran out before it was time to start pushing. I felt like it was a waste. I'm hoping that doesn't happen this time around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->