January Jellybeans 2013!...

I had an edipural that caused my blood pressure to plummit, bringing one of the boys down with me. Then it happened again, a few minutes later. I won't ever get one again!

I read this today:

On a Trimester Basis:

• First trimester: 1 pound per month ~ (about 4lb) in the first three months.
• Second trimester: 1 pound per week for the next three months ~ (12 - 14lb) in total.
• Third trimester: around 1 pound per week ~ (12lb) over the last three months.

But remember, these are average figures for large numbers of women so just because your weight gain pattern is different, it doesn't mean anything is wrong.
Focus should not be so much on how much weight you are gaining
in pregnancy; but how well you are eating in pregnancy!

It is recommended that women should aim for a weight gain related to their pre-pregnancy BMI:•If BMI was above 26, you should aim for a weight gain of between 15 and 25lb (7 and 11.5kg).
•If BMI was between 20 and 26, you should aim for a weight gain of 25 to 35lb (11.5 to 16kg).
•If BMI was less than 20, you should aim for a weight gain of 28 to 40lb (12.5 to 18kg).

I hope this answers your question? :thumbup:

That's really helpful! Thank you!

Seems like I've put the right amount of weight on in second tri so far then,it's just that I lost a bit in first tri. I hadn't wanted to get too hung up on weight, but I'll check once a week & if it keeps going up at the current rate then I guess I don't need to worry too much. Just want to make sure I'm looking after babba! :)

Just gas & air for me again this time is all goes to plan... I'd also like to try to hold off on that for as long as possible, but do remember last time that I nearly puked a few times from the pain before I got the gas & air!

I guess when I said I wanted to enjoy it I just meant that last time I didn't know what to expect... I'd set myself up for being in labour for the better part of a day but it ended up being over in a flash & I didn't feel at all in control or like I had time to think. I'd just rather everything weren't so hectic this time. But then I guess I don't get a choice :)

BH contractions are annoying. :haha: I didn't have any problems with them except right at the very end with DD...however this little girl is another story. :haha: If I do a lot ... it is on. I'm having to sit down now and rest because I triggered them again. DH and I are just working around the house with the baby's room and normal chores and BAM! I feel like I have to do this :coffee: more often then getting anything done.

I've lost 5 pounds and gained 4. I was a little down with the 3 in 2 weeks, but I'll just deal with it after baby, not much I can do about it now.

I have an armor worth of pillows I sleep with at night, different sizes and shapes. Hubby keeps trying to cuddle and you can hear him very quietly swear at them, or constantly asking what he is touching. I have my sausage kinda pillow for my feet so they don't get stupidly swollen again like last time, one for my knees, I have my little tummy one so I don't roll down to my tummy and that is so huggable lol and my normal 2 pillows for the night. Hahaha.

I remember my sister and her epidural, she was in labor for 2 days and by the couple of hours before she was going to have the baby she was too exhausted to even push just because of the long labor and pain supporting, lack of sleep etc. So she begged the doctor for one, he didn't want to give her one because he said she wouldn't push when the time came, but my mom told him not to be stupid, to let her rest a little so she could actually push! So he did, and she did great, mom had already told her how to push when they said she had contractions. No issues what so ever. She still speaks about the anesthesiologist as an Angel sent by the Lord. Poor thing. (She is almost a week due with her second daughter, might be induced because she is fresh as a lettuce) If I need an epidural, I'll get one. Period.

*Rant* Apartment Management just had to deal with a rush of my hormones. Why? Because I'm not stupid and I don't intent to let people treat me as such. Grrr.

My hubby is so sweet..he sent me a bouquet of daisies from 1800 flowers becayse he was away on work all week and knew i had a pretty rough week lol... Said he couldnt wait to come home and see his girls :). ( our dogs a girl and baby is a girl). Sorry just had to blab! Made my day!:)

Betheney- so glad your scan went well! Even though we're both team yellow, I have to give you kudos for not looking at the dvd. :hugs: but thrilled thats it went well!

DeeDee- what happened, hun?

I will be giving birth naturally again with.this baby. It was a really stengthening experience for me and never felt like I was putting myself through any unnecy essary pain. But I don't even take any ibuprofen for a headache or anything, so I guess it makes sense I would want to give birth without drugs. Sorry I offended any of you..

*Rant* Apartment Management just had to deal with a rush of my hormones. Why? Because I'm not stupid and I don't intent to let people treat me as such. Grrr.

Uh ohhhh what happened? Lol

Stupid ppl. We just payed before the end of the month SEPTEMEBER, so manager assumed we were paying this month AUGUST... so she sent a message to remind us that that RESPONSIBLE PEOPLE payed before the 1 of month, not this late in month. GRRRRRR! I had to ask her if she spoke spanish so I could bitch at her in a faster speed and in constant flow!

Stupid ppl. We just payed before the end of the month SEPTEMEBER, so manager assumed we were paying this month AUGUST... so she sent a message to remind us that that RESPONSIBLE PEOPLE payed before the 1 of month, not this late in month. GRRRRRR! I had to ask her if she spoke spanish so I could bitch at her in a faster speed and in constant flow!

Lol omg people are dumb. If she would have looked in her system she could see u already paid august! Lol peopleeeee!

Lol omg people are dumb. If she would have looked in her system she could see u already paid august! Lol peopleeeee!

It was super stupid, and I was so super pissed! I didn't even wait for hubby to come home to deal with it together, because he is too chilled, he would of just told the lady that, to check her system and get back at us. But I didn't! I was just too pissed with her "lecturing us"...

I still have rage hormones! I have to pay parking at the hospital I go to. Rates are $4 for 1-2hrs and $5 for 2-3hrs. I was parked for 1hr35min and got the $5 rate. My pre-pregnancy self would have let it go. Poor ticket taker at the booth heard it yesterday.

Gingermango - Hope your ankles sort themselves out quick!

Betheney - When is the right time window for BH contractions? I haven't had any yet this time, but got tightenings from 18 weeks whenever I drove anywhere the first time around.

I put some batteries in my bathroom scales today & weighed myself for the first time. I'm up 1lb on my pre pregnancy weight, which seems too little to me for nearly 18wks. Anyone know what is average? I'm quite happy about not piling it on, but also a bit worried about the implications for the baby as DS's weight was in the bottom 0.2% for at term babies (& I was heavier with him).

I still haven't gained back what I lost in the beginning. I don't have extra weight either. But my dr said as long as you're eating healthy and not losing more weight he was happy with that. I know those who start with a few extra pounds are ok to not gain usually it's just taking weight that's already there and making it "healthy" weight because of diet or habit changes. :thumbup:

I really enjoy labour, probably not for the pain part but for the amazing adrenelin rush you get after!!

Although I think if I had had very long or traumatic births I may feel differently!

I enjoyed my labor too!! And that was even after a bad experience with pitiocin and no epidural or pain meds. Some might think I'm crazy but I can't wait to do it again. :haha:

It was super stupid, and I was so super pissed! I didn't even wait for hubby to come home to deal with it together, because he is too chilled, he would of just told the lady that, to check her system and get back at us. But I didn't! I was just too pissed with her "lecturing us"...

Usually I wait til dh gets home for him to deal with it he's the "jerk" in the relationship. :haha: and he usually does good at making the people feel real stupid or get whatever he's trying to get free or a discount. :rofl: I just ask the question and accept their answer. :haha:

I have a question ... We kept DD's crib and it is the old drop side style. Since all companies switched to making the ones that no longer have the drop side due to a safety issue, I would like to buy a new one for this baby but DH can't understand why we need to buy another crib if we already have one. Are any of you using the old style drop side cribs? I hate them because you have to make sure it is locked in place but DH says he can just put something on there so it will no longer come down. No offense to hubby but I don't want some half rigged crib just to save a little.

I don't know why we kept it ... it just got put in a closet and carted around everywhere. lol

My hubby is so sweet..he sent me a bouquet of daisies from 1800 flowers becayse he was away on work all week and knew i had a pretty rough week lol... Said he couldnt wait to come home and see his girls :). ( our dogs a girl and baby is a girl). Sorry just had to blab! Made my day!:)

That's so sweet! Last night we were laying down and I told hubby: "We love you" he just told me: "That still feels strange, like you have multiple personality disorder or something..." :haha: But he did write today: "How y'all doing..." Progress???? Hahahaha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->