January Jellybeans 2013!...

I have a question ... We kept DD's crib and it is the old drop side style. Since all companies switched to making the ones that no longer have the drop side due to a safety issue, I would like to buy a new one for this baby but DH can't understand why we need to buy another crib if we already have one. Are any of you using the old style drop side cribs? I hate them because you have to make sure it is locked in place but DH says he can just put something on there so it will no longer come down. No offense to hubby but I don't want some half rigged crib just to save a little.

I don't know why we kept it ... it just got put in a closet and carted around everywhere. lol

Now that I think about it we do have the drop side from dd. I hadn't even thought of or considered that an issue until now. I'll bring it up to dh. Not sure tho if we will get a new one or just lock dd's. Dh was looking at a crib he liked the other day. They have decent ones at Baby depot in Burlington Coat Factory then if you sign up for email updates they send you a 20% off coupon. I saw one relatively inexpensive I like at Target too. :flower:

We just got our crib from Target. It was $199.99 online only! It looks super cute and has a changing table attached. It also is convertible into a toddler bed/daybed and full bed. The reviews on it was great. I cant wait to set it up. We also got a "safety 1st" mattress for $59 which on one side it is firm for an infant and if you flip to the other side its softer for a toddler

The three wheel strollers are good on all terrains and its a smoother ride... A lot of runners like to use them...im not really a runner but i do like to go for walks... I just like the sporty look of them to be honest...

I am definitely not a runner... but we do love to go for walks and my neighborhood is very "hilly" and we also love going to the park to walk.... hmmm.... i really think i am gonna go for the jogger one! The person at Babies R Us said they didn't recommend the jogger because its inflatable wheels as opposed to the hard wheels on the regular stroller... :dohh:

Jrow- We are getting the joogging stroller. It has the carseat that snaps into it and also comes with the carseat attachment for the vehicle. We registered for it at Babies R us. It was the Baby trend expedition and its a lime green accent colors. I think it was $239 for it all. I like the 3 wheel strollers... so much easier to manoover

The thing about the cribs turning into a full bed etc, is you have to buy the side bars/railing seperatly and thats another $100 ATLEAST.... sooooo annoying! We chose to not do that.... we didnt think we needed the gaurdrail for the toddler bed bc... heck if they are gunna fall... itll only be 2 feet drop and maybe they will learn not to move so much :blush: We already have 3 spare beds in our house so we didnt think we would need to turn the crib into a full sized bed anyways. You can always keep the crib as a toddler bed and put pillows on the back part of it making it look like a nice bench :)

As for labor.... i want to try my hardest for no drugs... i usually have a high pain tolerance and never take meds, but its a pain i never felt before, so im not sure what to expect. I want to hold out as long as I can to make it a natural birth

The three wheel strollers are good on all terrains and its a smoother ride... A lot of runners like to use them...im not really a runner but i do like to go for walks... I just like the sporty look of them to be honest...

I am definitely not a runner... but we do love to go for walks and my neighborhood is very "hilly" and we also love going to the park to walk.... hmmm.... i really think i am gonna go for the jogger one! The person at Babies R Us said they didn't recommend the jogger because its inflatable wheels as opposed to the hard wheels on the regular stroller... :dohh:

Pfft... just dont run over nails! haha you can always get the inner tubes to fix the wheel if it gets popped. Honestly as long as your not pushing the stroller through a construction site... your fine :haha:

THanks, Little J! I just spoke to my friend who had a baby in March and she has the jogging stroller and said she LOVE LOVE LOVES it!

I had a travel system for ds, it's the kind where the car seat clicks onto the pram part, so it was huge! It was also really wide and I had problems getting in some shops. it also took up most of the boot in the car, so not ideal for shopping.

This time I have gone for the quinny zapp xtra, where the car seat clicks directly onto the chasis when newborn and folds tiny. I was going to get the buzz but it was still large when folded.

The jogging stroller does seem like its better for rougher roads and easier to steer, but I think it's to bulky to travel with. My sister in law loves hers but I only use it for the mall or Disney so not sure I would go with the jogger. I haven't yet found a carseat/stroller combo I like yet. Just my opinion. :thumbup:

thanks, Snow...

so much to think about with all this registering stuff!!

This is what I have, it obviously also comes with the stroller seat, you just click it on
https://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn282/mellaandpaul/DSC_0647.jpg

Sooo much to think about. Sister in law did tell me to buy strollers, car seats and stuff like that in neutral colors, unless we are only counting on having the one. I think that's what we are going to do.

DeeDee I am getting neutral also in case next baby is a girl!

I have to figure out a damn car seat too!

Deedee that's what I want to do with the stroller/carseat combo but I'm struggling to find a neutral set I like. I've found a couple girl sets I love. :haha: but there's no guarantee #3 will be another girl. And we donated dd's. Thankfully this one is a girl cause dh made me go with pink instead of neutral with dd so swing and toys etc everything is pink!!

Deedee that's what I want to do with the stroller/carseat combo but I'm struggling to find a neutral set I like. I've found a couple girl sets I love. :haha: but there's no guarantee #3 will be another girl. And we donated dd's. Thankfully this one is a girl cause dh made me go with pink instead of neutral with dd so swing and toys etc everything is pink!!

Seriously... all the neutral stuff is soooo dark... either black or gray...

I have had a lot of moms recommend the City Mini Jogger Stroller. Its very compact and light weight.

You have to be really careful if you TRULY want to jog. Some joggers aren't actually designed with suspension that's needed for infants and toddlers to have proper support. Three wheels doesn't equal jogger. Even the Citi Mini "Jogger" is not a proper jogging strolling.

B.O.B makes ones of the best joggers. Unfortunately, it comes with a hefty price tag.

I have decided to get a separate infant carrier seat and then a separate three wheeled stroller with an attachment bar for the carrier.

We're going with the Britax Chaperone, marketed as the safest seat on the market. It's got a steel frame and the best high-speed accident rating.

Still deciding on strollers....

I have decided to get a separate infant carrier seat and then a separate three wheeled stroller with an attachment bar for the carrier.

We're going with the Britax Chaperone, marketed as the safest seat on the market. It's got a steel frame and the best high-speed accident rating.

Still deciding on strollers....

My gf was telling me she has the Britax joigger and LOVES it

Seriously... all the neutral stuff is soooo dark... either black or gray...

That's why we went with red, we didn't want dark, and the beige stuff will get marked easily

We had a regular travel stroller when DD was little and then we traded it in for this one:

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3502257

I didn't like the regular jogging stroller because the front wheel is locked in place and you can't have it swivel. I LOVE this stroller. It has tons of room, it has the option to lock the front wheel if you need it, it folds down super easy, and you can plug your ipod into it and it will play out the speaker.

DD is tall for her age and still fits in it. She loves riding in it when we go for walks. I hate to trade it in but we have decided to get:

https://www.target.com/p/baby-trend-sit-n-stand-deluxe-columbia/-/A-13248204

that way both kids can be in there together. I'm waiting for the fall trade in event at babies r us so I can get the 25% coupon to buy our new car seat. :)

I think DH won't care if we get a new crib. We actually found one at walmart that we like. I'm not a huge fan of walmart but it is decently priced and will eventually become a full size bed which is great. I'm not doing the changing table route this time. It was really a waste of space with DD and we don't have very big rooms in this house so I don't mind ... especially since I hardly used it with her. We already have a dresser for this one. I wish now, I would have known we would change our minds about having another baby. After DD, we said no more. My pregnancy with her was awful and the L&D was enough birth control as it was awful. :haha: People were shocked when we made the announcement that we were expecting. :haha: But I know that there won't be anymore after this. I didn't do well with being so sick and trying to take care of DD this time so I'll be ok to pass along anything if anyone else needs it again. :haha: That is what we did with DD's stuff. Friends and relatives that started having babies, we gave them what we had. So we have to start from scratch again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->