January Jellybeans 2013!...

My MIL just emailed me and asked me to pick a crib because she wants to give it to us as a gift!!!!!!!!! YEAHHH!!!

Thats awesome! I think my In-laws are going to buy our pricier registry gifts for us as well. I just wish i knew which one!

We ordered our crib online because I didnt want to play the waiting game of wondering if/when we would get it. Plus, i wanted it set up in the room already, haha

Im with you on that one! I am DYING to have the crib here at the house! However, our "nursery" is under construction at the moment which totally sucks!!!! I think she is going to buy it this week or next because she wants to be the one to buy it for us and prob wants me to take it off the registry before the shower invites go out in a few weeks! EEEEEK!!! This is so exciting!

what does everyone think of this crib? Do you think the back is too high and bulky looking??

https://www.toysrus.com/product/ind...romRegistryNumber=48539982&product_skn=552785

Cute! :)

This is the one we got and its already set up! looks really nice! (and i LOVE the changing table)
https://www.target.com/p/delta-walden-crib-and-changer-espresso-java/-/A-13566825

jrowen: my sisters advice to me with a crib is to go see the crib and see how easily they scratch, and also how sturdy they are! She said when she was looking at consumer reports to see what the best cribs were and she found that alot of cribs scratched easily or were very shaky. BabiItalia is a very good brand and they sell them at babies r us!

this is the crib we got! https://www.babiitalia.com/products/collections/product-collection/harrington_4_detail.html

oh! and remember.... you have to purchase the mattress seperatly!

We got the "safety 1st" 2 in 1 mattress. One side is firm for an infant and if you flip it over its softer for a toddler. Since our crib converts to a toddler bed, we thought we would save some mula and get the 2 in 1! Also, its from safety first so i trust it :)

Since the crib is set up, i REALLY wanna go get our crib set bc the crib is so empty! But i know i cant, bc if i keep buying stuff off our registry we wouldnt have any gifts for the shower!

Hhahh deedee cute! Jrowenj thats awesome! Were going to buy the crib set but im sure his gram will be giving loads as a gift so it pays for itself!

THanks for the advice, ladies!

Lauren and Little J LOVE the cribs you got!!!!

good advice on the mattress. i didn't know they had that!

THanks for the advice, ladies!

Lauren and Little J LOVE the cribs you got!!!!

good advice on the mattress. i didn't know they had that!

You can buy it online at Target. I think it was $60 for the 2 in 1 crib mattress. Its fireresistant (not that, that really helps save your baby), WATER resistant (for when his diaper gets overfilled at night, haha) and no fume/chemicals used on it. Its very nice :) fits like a glove in the crib

https://www.target.com/p/safety-1st-transitions-2-in-1-baby-and-toddler-mattress/-/A-12941583

this is the mattress we originally registered for... what do you think?

https://www.toysrus.com/product/ind...romRegistryNumber=48539982&product_skn=638688

firm mattress's dont seem all that comfy, but for a infant, they need firm mattress's so they dont smother themselves.... i cant imagine sleeping on a firm mattress, ICK! I love my "cloud" bed feeling. haha

firm mattress's dont seem all that comfy, but for a infant, they need firm mattress's so they dont smother themselves.... i cant imagine sleeping on a firm mattress, ICK! I love my "cloud" bed feeling. haha

very true... my bed is sooooo soft and i love it! I swan dive into it every night hahaha!

https://www.toysrus.com/product/ind...romRegistryNumber=48539982&product_skn=638688

It seems nice, but the reviews show that the mattress isnt firm enough for an infant, and some people said the mattress fit smaller in the crib (meaning it left small gaps between their standard sized crib and the mattress.

Trial and error i guess!

I felt really safe with the "safety 1st" brand (especially after reading the reviews) because they make the products for safety of the child in mind, and why its not as expensive is bc they dont up charge it much at all bc they want parents to be able to afford a safe item for their children

Ive come to notice that children mattress's arent all that special at all with comfort, i def. wouldnt wanna be sleeping on them haha when they get older ill get nice memory foam for them (once they are capable of not being engulfed by the fluffy bed! haha)

i think thats the mattress my sis told me to get!

Jaime
I think that crib is very nice almost the same style we have also I got a serta mattress at Walmart Canada it was on sale for 50$ and very good

Deedee
Love the bump :)

Well ladies dr has put me on bed rest. And as far as baby's stomach measuring small he basically told me its all in Gods hands and all I can do is eat and rest. It could end up being nothing or it could be that she will stop growing and I miscarry with a whole range of things in between. So it's a wait and see til my next ultrasound Sept 19th.

20 week scan and baby is very pointy and perfect :)

I am 'officially' a yellow bean but maybe a pink one in brackets afterwards? ;) pretty sure it's a girl after a few clear between-legs shots and pretty sure I saw three white lines and absolutely no evidence of a willy.

I wasn't told last time but correctly got team blue from the scan :)

Attachments

• 280812 (7).jpg
    280812 (7).jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 280812 (6).jpg
    280812 (6).jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 5
Well ladies dr has put me on bed rest. And as far as baby's stomach measuring small he basically told me its all in Gods hands and all I can do is eat and rest. It could end up being nothing or it could be that she will stop growing and I miscarry with a whole range of things in between. So it's a wait and see til my next ultrasound Sept 19th.

Oh how horrible :( :hugs:, rest as much as you can. Seems stupid to make you wait that long for another ultrasound, they should check you next week!

oh my... please make sure to keep yourself rested and try to relax (as hard as i know that is)... how much behind is the baby measuring?

I will keep you and your little jellybean in my thoughts

Oh snow angel
Rest as much as pos and I'll be thinking of u! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"