January Jellybeans 2013!...

Awesome little j!! Ull have to show us!!

I feel like im the only one not sick! Please take care of urself ladies...two girls from home that r prego are really sick w chest infections too! Hope i dnt catch it bc that will make my blood sugars wonky and i will not be a happy camper!! Feel better!!

Im not sick! :thumbup:

i couldnt imagine how aweful it is to be sick and pregnant, yuck. Feel better ladies!

Dh is not the nicest today I really don't need him being like this

Sorry for all the ladies that are sick get better soon :)

Hahaha dh told me to shut up last night cuz i told him he didnt take the garbage out! I didnt talk to him for the rest of the night lol.

Its unlike him to talk to me like thatso i wonder if maybe im gettin under his skin with all my bitching lol

Yea I think DH got a good taste of my hormones. I was angry at something he did and I barely talked to him ... and when I did it was short and to the point. But instead of getting mad, he walked around like a hurt puppy. Thankfully I got over whatever it was. :haha: Poor guy! He's been awesome and I just shot daggers at him over something that was probably nothing.

Let me ask you ladies something ... and this may be more towards those of you who already have children.

Story:
When my BIL's baby was born, DH and I went down after they got home to visit and just about all the inlaws were there. I was in the kitchen helping my MIL and SIL (not the one who just had the baby) cook a big dinner for them and my MIL had been sterilizing the baby bottles in a pot of boiling water. My BIL's girlfriend came in the kitchen to get a new bottle and asked if those had been sterilized and got one for pumping. While she was getting the bottles, I told her and my SIL that I had never sterilized my daughters stuff. I never understood why you had to wash it and then sit it in boiling water for 30 minutes. It seemed like a waste of time to me. The look on their faces was pure shock ....My SIL said REALLY?! She then asked me the dumbest question on the planet ... did you wash them ... I wanted to say no I fed her out of dirty bottles. She said she did everything even pacifiers in the boiling water. Now that is fine for people who want to do it, but I'm just wondering how many people actually do it. Am I a minority here? Let me also say that DD has a kick butt immune system and my SIL's kids are ALWAYS sick. Not sure why and I'm not saying that sterilizing has anything to do with it but the way she came off was like how dare I let anything like that happen because it could jeopardize her health. I won't do it this time either, as I still think it isn't necessary ... but just wanted to see what your thoughts were on it.

Let me ask you ladies something ... and this may be more towards those of you who already have children.

Story:
When my BIL's baby was born, DH and I went down after they got home to visit and just about all the inlaws were there. I was in the kitchen helping my MIL and SIL (not the one who just had the baby) cook a big dinner for them and my MIL had been sterilizing the baby bottles in a pot of boiling water. My BIL's girlfriend came in the kitchen to get a new bottle and asked if those had been sterilized and got one for pumping. While she was getting the bottles, I told her and my SIL that I had never sterilized my daughters stuff. I never understood why you had to wash it and then sit it in boiling water for 30 minutes. It seemed like a waste of time to me. The look on their faces was pure shock ....My SIL said REALLY?! She then asked me the dumbest question on the planet ... did you wash them ... I wanted to say no I fed her out of dirty bottles. She said she did everything even pacifiers in the boiling water. Now that is fine for people who want to do it, but I'm just wondering how many people actually do it. Am I a minority here? Let me also say that DD has a kick butt immune system and my SIL's kids are ALWAYS sick. Not sure why and I'm not saying that sterilizing has anything to do with it but the way she came off was like how dare I let anything like that happen because it could jeopardize her health. I won't do it this time either, as I still think it isn't necessary ... but just wanted to see what your thoughts were on it.

I can tell you my sister never sterilized bottles just washed them and my nephews are perfectly fine!

My first son I never sterilized and he's almost never sick my second I did only cuz everyone told me I had too and my son got thrush so since then I did and I'll probably this time around too but really I'm not really sure if it helps much or not

Got my sling today!!! I guess i coulda went up another size but well see!! Super cute tho!!

can't wait to be a dancing banana.......thats so cute!

love the cribs ladies! idk if im getting one this time or not........didn't ever use it much.

um t-minus 20 days till my scan..........hoping to even things out!!

Me and Eva both went to the docs today, he wrote a 'script each for antibiotics but i like to see if our bodies can beat it first, so he said by all means do that and if we aren't improving by Friday then fill the 'script so that's what we're going to do. I already feel like we're past the worst of it. Today seems better than yesterday already. The only problem is having a runny nose and a cough sets off my nausea :( i've already vomitted a few times this week

my GP has insisted that i have my head over a bowl of crystal menthol everynight, to clear away the infected sinus's. Otherwise he said my anti b's would clear away the infection, but it would return a few weeks later if sinus was still dripping. I can feel it dripping down my throat :sick: but I don't feel ill, just out of breath.

I sterilised DS's bottles, but in a steam steriliser, couldn't be bothered with boiling them for half an hour!

DS did get ill a lot, but only after he had been seriously ill with pneumonia, and then got constant chest infections for years, but dont think they were related to sterilising. Just incompetent dr's failing to diagnose properly!

Wow ladies, this thread grows quickly!
Congrats to all of those that recently had scans and found out gender.
As for sterilising I think I did it for the first few weeks with ds and then started to consider the possibility that putting your baby in "that bubble" of no germs, no dirt, no contact with anyone the least bit sick could actually do him more harm. You need to be exposed to germs and bacteria to build up a resistance. I think people have gone over the deep end with "protecting" their children. I say do what you think is best for your child and don't listen to anyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->