January Jellybeans 2013!...

I steralised with my first. My second I just put them through the dishwasher. They go through a steam dry cycle in there.

i plan on using my dishwasher to sterlize them as darkstar said

single breastpump or double breastpump?
I preferred the single and manual. I used an electric and felt like a cow that was being milked. Plus it really hurt.

oh, really??? I thought the manual would be hard and take a long time.. nO?

It takes a bit longer but not much and for me the comfort and control I had from the manual far outweighed the time factor. Everyone is different though. A lot of people try a couple of different pumps if they don't like the first one they use. I had a couple of girlfriends that also tried different pumps. One swears by her electric and the other was like me with the comfort of the manual. :dohh:That doesn't really help you I know.

thanks... i have no idea what im gonna like! Maybe I will register for both!

Dh is unbelievable today I need to be alone for some time to think

single breastpump or double breastpump?
I preferred the single and manual. I used an electric and felt like a cow that was being milked. Plus it really hurt.

oh, really??? I thought the manual would be hard and take a long time.. nO?

It takes a bit longer but not much and for me the comfort and control I had from the manual far outweighed the time factor. Everyone is different though. A lot of people try a couple of different pumps if they don't like the first one they use. I had a couple of girlfriends that also tried different pumps. One swears by her electric and the other was like me with the comfort of the manual. :dohh:That doesn't really help you I know.

It's true every one is different, I hated the manual and it was way too much work.

Me and Eva both went to the docs today, he wrote a 'script each for antibiotics but i like to see if our bodies can beat it first, so he said by all means do that and if we aren't improving by Friday then fill the 'script so that's what we're going to do. I already feel like we're past the worst of it. Today seems better than yesterday already. The only problem is having a runny nose and a cough sets off my nausea :( i've already vomitted a few times this week

my GP has insisted that i have my head over a bowl of crystal menthol everynight, to clear away the infected sinus's. Otherwise he said my anti b's would clear away the infection, but it would return a few weeks later if sinus was still dripping. I can feel it dripping down my throat :sick: but I don't feel ill, just out of breath.

Oh you poor thing. I have a lot of phlem but it's clearing and last night I breathed through my nose all night!!! I have a humidifier in Eva's room and I think it makes a difference.

The worst part for me is having a cold sets off my nausea and so I'm back to puking :-(

I never sterilized a single bottle with my babies, just used the dishwasher. They are still hardly ever sick! I'm not a big germ phobe and I let the kids be kids, ya know?

I loved my double pump. I could get over 20 oz of milk in about 10-15 minutes tops. If you have to go back to work it's worth it to invest in a good electric one.

Me and Eva both went to the docs today, he wrote a 'script each for antibiotics but i like to see if our bodies can beat it first, so he said by all means do that and if we aren't improving by Friday then fill the 'script so that's what we're going to do. I already feel like we're past the worst of it. Today seems better than yesterday already. The only problem is having a runny nose and a cough sets off my nausea :( i've already vomitted a few times this week

my GP has insisted that i have my head over a bowl of crystal menthol everynight, to clear away the infected sinus's. Otherwise he said my anti b's would clear away the infection, but it would return a few weeks later if sinus was still dripping. I can feel it dripping down my throat :sick: but I don't feel ill, just out of breath.

Oh you poor thing. I have a lot of phlem but it's clearing and last night I breathed through my nose all night!!! I have a humidifier in Eva's room and I think it makes a difference.

The worst part for me is having a cold sets off my nausea and so I'm back to puking :-(

Der! That's why I've been feeling sick this week, I thought my ms had made a return.

Yea I think the same way that hiding kids from the germs does worse for them. I'm not saying you should roll them in snot and dirt :haha::haha: but the whole "bubble" thing like you said is just crazy. My SIL likes to give me a hard time because I'm a SAHM and my daughter isn't "exposed" to children like hers are at school and daycare ... yea except just about every two weeks both of her kids end up with strep throat and ear infections. They are always doped up on some kind of medicine. :dohh: I think maybe she needs to can it. :haha:

Jrowen - You might want to register for both .... I did read that more people who used pumps said if you go electric, get a double one. I felt like a cow being milked with the one I had with DD. It was a single one and mine never worked for me. I could sit for 20 minutes and barely get 3oz. I've read that some people preferred the manual and it actually worked better. I think everyone is so different so as unhelpful as it sounds, you may have to try them out and just see what works for you. :shrug:

Der! That's why I've been feeling sick this week, I thought my ms had made a return.

Which antibiotics have u both been given?
My chest is still so painful and it's a real struggle to breathe as its so crackly. Urgh!!!!! I hope we all feel better soon!
Baby kicks like crazy every time I have a coughing fit. It's like I'm being told off for waking him/her

Can't believe I've gotten to the place where I sometimes forget how many weeks I am! Right up until 20 weeks I knew exactly how many weeks and days had gone, now I have to check my ticker sometimes to keep up.

Can't believe I've gotten to the place where I sometimes forget how many weeks I am! Right up until 20 weeks I knew exactly how many weeks and days had gone, now I have to check my ticker sometimes to keep up.

Me too! It seems like as soon as 20 weeks hit, the counting stopped... weird.. :shrug:

me too ... I have to go now when did I go to the doctor? lol! I do know tomorrow is new fruit day though! haha!

Friday is my new fruit day. I think we're "creepy papaya" next! :rofl:

After that, I think it gets tricky because we stay the same fruit/vegetable for a few weeks at a time.

Lol Sassy, I definitely know fruit day even if I can't keep track of the weeks!

I sterilized all of dd's stuff and will with this baby too. It's something I did at first only because the directions said to. :shrug: but I've since become an overprotective germ freak :haha:

My daughter is 4 and has never been sick. I'd like to think it had more to do with my nursing her for 17 months. :thumbup:

As for the whole sterilizing debate. I can't help but think that something as small as washing but not sterilizing or washing and sterilizing just can't have THAT much of an impact on whether your child turns out to be a child who is always sick or a child who is never sick. I think there's so many more points that could determine a childs immune system rather than just if their bottles are sterilised or not, like breastfeeding, the amount of people in their home, the amount of times they're out in public, if they go into daycare, how often their mothers vacuum the carpets.

I can't help but feel the whole sterilizing bottles thing is a bit of a non issue....

poppy84, i didn't read what type because i didn't fill the script sorry

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->