January Jellybeans 2013!...

Nikki- my mil is awesome too. She isn't invasive, always polite, had a wicked sense of humor, and is incredibly warm. She couldn't be more thrilled to have another grandchild but she also wants I make sure my parents get I fully enjoy it since its their first. She's always looking out for me and if she lived closer she would definitely bring me treats, too!

Awe yea! Shes funny we get along great...we always bitch about people, go to lunch together on her days off..its nice to have her around! This is her first grandchild..i have a feeling shell be spoiled rotten!

Lol am i the only one that loves their mil?! She came over tonight for no reason and brought me a croissant with an iced coffee ( my latest craving). ... Then bought me a motherhood maternity shirt and tons of clothes for baby....do u think shell turn crazy on me when the baby comes?! Lol

Mine is a rare mix of being sweet, nice and helping to competitive (I feel like she needs to prove to my FIL that she's the best out there, for her to feel OK with herself), a little invasive and hard headed. Haha. She is human after all. I mean, she is willing to come pick me up and take me to Houston, which would be more than 10 hours of driving all together for the baby shower she is kindly throwing for me. But she already gave me the "look" for not agreeing that labor needs to be 100% natural. She was even implying stuff over my sister having her epidural. I still love her though, when she is the nice kinda MIL. Hahaha.

My MIL is a fucking pain in the arse and i think the best decision i ever made was moving me and my husband 12 hours away from her controlling, psychotic, over-bearing behaviour.

My mil is ok but we don't live to close so don't see them much. Oh the flip side I love the relationship my mum and DH have. They get on amazingly well.

On the bump references, our niece Ella is amazed by my bump. When we see her she always asks is pipkin here yet or if we are going to hospital she says is looking going to come? Her birthday is at Christmas and then she'll say oh silly me I have to wait to my birthday and he'll be here, god help me if he is late! She also says to me is pipkin is belly one still, as I always refer to my two tummies, top and bottom. She doesn't like that my two bellies have now merged and I only have one, bless her. We also have to listen in with doppler every time she stays. So cute!

My mil does very little. Ds was 4 years old the first time she looked after him, and thats only after we asked her as we couldn't get anyone else. But she also doesn't interfere either.

Ds has felt baby kick, and tried to lift my top to get a good look at the bump. Pity we were in the supermarket at the time! He insists it's going to be s girl as the bump is too big to be a boy?

Baby woke me up at 6.30 this morning, kicking right at the top of my ribs, it's never kicked that high before!

My MIL is a fucking pain in the arse and i think the best decision i ever made was moving me and my husband 12 hours away from her controlling, psychotic, over-bearing behaviour.

Sorry Betheny, I know it isn't funny, but this really made me laugh! What a shame though :hugs:

I can't remember how old you said Eva is? Just wondering as DS is 25 months and has zero interest in there being a baby in my tummy. He is literally clueless and doesn't seem to get what we're talking about, even though his speech is relatively good and we can converse with him pretty well about most things. I'm not sure whether he's actually going to understand until the baby arrives!

Ducky I looked up your DH's band and they're great! My DH studied music production at Uni. He didn't go into the industry, but we're currently looking to buy a new house & one of the criteria is that there is room to build a proper music studio. It's narrowing down the possibilities somewhat!....and I know I'll never see him once it's done, but it'll make him happy & I guess it'll be great for DS, who will inevitably be musical too.

I'm so jealous of you girls getting your nurseries ready! I wish we would find a house already so I can start planning it! I know we won't use the nursery for a little while after the baby is born, but I can't imagine we'll have time to do it then either!

My mil does very little. Ds was 4 years old the first time she looked after him, and thats only after we asked her as we couldn't get anyone else. But she also doesn't interfere either.

Ds has felt baby kick, and tried to lift my top to get a good look at the bump. Pity we were in the supermarket at the time! He insists it's going to be s girl as the bump is too big to be a boy?

Baby woke me up at 6.30 this morning, kicking right at the top of my ribs, it's never kicked that high before!

I'd heard that bumps were supposed to be bigger with girls (and more out to the sides) but I'm definitely way smaller with this little girl than I was at this stage with DS. I also don't get why anyone would be bigger with a girl as I though baby boys were bigger on average than baby girls? Is it all just old wives tales?

My MIL is lovely. They live a couple of hour away so we don't seem them that often, but they are really excited about the baby as it's their first grandchild. She is really good at knitting, quilting, sewing etc and has already made the baby two quilts and is working on a third larger one to put on the floor for the baby to play on. I have attached a picure of the pram quilt she made us.

Attachments

• Quilt.jpg
    Quilt.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 3

Sorry Betheny, I know it isn't funny, but this really made me laugh! What a shame though :hugs:

I can't remember how old you said Eva is? Just wondering as DS is 25 months and has zero interest in there being a baby in my tummy. He is literally clueless and doesn't seem to get what we're talking about, even though his speech is relatively good and we can converse with him pretty well about most things. I'm not sure whether he's actually going to understand until the baby arrives!

It's okay to laugh, i wrote the post with a touch of humour. I probably shouldn't speak so harshly of my MIL, because she is a kind person who always knows what the right thing to do is, we can talk for hours and have very similar opinions on alot of topics, not to mention she could shop for hours with me, she has a lovely home and is apart of a lovely family. But she just has her own ideas how her sons should live their life and she's very manipulative with getting what she wants. She nags and nags and nags like you wouldn't believe. She just so desperately wants to control her sons lives. She has even told my BIL's girlfriend that the hint to my hubby (her son) is that when you want something done you just have to keep chipping away at him and eventually he'll do what you want. Hubby told me the day we were engaged he was nervous about telling his mum because she'd always encouraged him to NOT GET MARRIED YET!!! fucking mole. Everytime i spend time with them and she says something ridiculous like "you don't want too many children because you'll be living off crackers and tuna for the rest of your life"

As for Eva, i probably over exaggerated her interest in my own desperate need to have her interested. lol. She's 23 months. I often find myself sad that she isn't interested in the pregnancy and i do wonder if she even understands that i'm pregnant. Sometimes when i say "where's the baby" she'll look around herself for her baby dolls. SOMETIMES she'll look at my belly. I think she thinks my belly button is hilarious which is why she places her hand on it but as for knowing there's a baby in it. Sometimes i think she does and sometimes i think she doesn't. I like to pay attention to when she seems to register there's a baby and ignore the times when she doesn't.

I know a mumma with a daughter a week younger than Eva and her daughter sings to her belly and talks about the baby and 100% is into the pregnancy, i think all toddlers just understand things differently.

I sometimes wish I had inlaws. My FIL passed away on Christmas Day a few years before we were married and my MIL had a massive stroke earlier that same year and is bound to a wheelchair in a convalescent home, unable to speak. DH is an only child.

22 weeks today! And i turn 27 today! Eeeeeeeeeep..... My momma got me a mani pedi and my hubby got me a prenatal massage and facial!, im so sxcited to use them up! :)

Happy birthday Nikki! And happy 22 weeks! My babies are 7 today! And today is V day for me!! So many exciting things! Enjoy your special treats!

Aweeeee thank u! Lotsa b days today! Happy b days to ur kiddos! Oooooo v dayyyy! Exciting!

Happy birthday Nikki! Hope you get spoilt!

Betheny - I think you're probably right about each child being different. I'm sure DS will love having a little sister, but as I can't even get him to look at a doll, I can see that the thought of there being a little baby in my tummy (which he can't even see) wouldn't be interesting, even if he does get it. It's just a bit gutting as I also have a friend who's daughter is a similar age & even before she turned two she said she wanted a sister and was obsessed with babies. I think it sounds like Eva knows there is something exciting going on with your tummy!

My MIL is the opposite of overbearing! She's lovely and definitely not judgemental, but doesn't really get too involved. I often think DH must have had some serious self belief & motivation from an early age to achieve what he has in life, as she has never had any expectations or aspirations for her children that I know of (other than that they were happy I guess - she does love them!).

We were over at her house recently and DH showed her a showreel he'd made for a pitch he was giving to Sony. She watched it and said it was nice (it was amazing!) but didn't Sony have experts to do that kind of work?! I burst out laughing, I mean talk about belief in your own son! She doesn't seem to get that the company he co-founded is actually pretty cutting edge in their field. I think she thinks there are 'normal' people who work in shops, as teachers, for the council etc. (by the way I think these are totally worth while jobs) and then there is another super-human race who are leading scientists, surgeons, lawyers etc. etc. apparently us 'normal' people aren't capable of anything we put our mind to!....He won the contract with Sony, but I doubt that's changed her view!

Sorry for the rant!

My mil is ok but we don't live to close so don't see them much. Oh the flip side I love the relationship my mum and DH have. They get on amazingly well.

On the bump references, our niece Ella is amazed by my bump. When we see her she always asks is pipkin here yet or if we are going to hospital she says is looking going to come? Her birthday is at Christmas and then she'll say oh silly me I have to wait to my birthday and he'll be here, god help me if he is late! She also says to me is pipkin is belly one still, as I always refer to my two tummies, top and bottom. She doesn't like that my two bellies have now merged and I only have one, bless her. We also have to listen in with doppler every time she stays. So cute!

Aww, Ella! Growing fond of her just by reading of her. Haha, baby needs to get things going before Christmas!

Happy b-day Nik!

my MIL is very similar to Deedee's! But she is more of a mother to me than my own mother...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->