January Jellybeans 2013!...

Ginger, my sis has had 3 kids, 2 bad tears and one episiotomy. She told me the episiotomy is way better than the tear, is easier to stitch and heals better, so it might be better to get that done. Of course I have everything crossed that I won't have either!

Thanks hun, Im definitly going to speak to my midwife. Obviously Id rather not have either but I would rather have an episiotomy than tear like I did with ds!

Yay I'm an eggplant!

I am so not ready for DD's party on Saturday! AHH! So much to do. Guess I better get to it. Playing on the computer is not getting anything done. Except all I want to do is :coffee:.

I've heard the exact opposite, that an episiotomy is worse to get because they not only cut through skin, but muscle, so its a lot more uncomfortable and takes longer to heal, where as if you tear naturally, the muscle doesn't rip and heals a lot better. My sister has had both and that was her experience as well.

Am I the only person that wishes the pregnancy would last longer? I love being pregnant! Not so keen on going back to being up in the night and nappies lol

I do not love being pregnant, its so uncomfortable and this kid never stops kicking me and I have round ligament pain up the ying yang in my right side. But I'm not in a huge hurry for it to be over since my baby girl is all safe and protected and taken care of right where she is.

Nesting BIG time!!!

Laying cement today to repair the patio (yes, I am doing it myself and I am only mixing 10lbs at a time) and had flooring people at my house today to get estimate for refinishing my hardwood upstairs before baby comes. I am finding the need to purge crap out of the house - always a good thing but especially good when another person is moving in soon!

With all these projects, I find myself getting tired. I take lots of breaks and make sure I stay hydrated but I am sore and tuckered at the end of the day. On the plus side, it helps me sleep well.

That is awesome Ditty that you are getting so much done! I did the purging thing a few weeks ago. I couldn't believe the stuff we got rid of!! It was awesome. Now I'm trying to get some cleaning done before we have this birthday party but I am just tired and don't feel like doing it. Ugh! Someone has to though. hahaha!

I've heard Episiotomy is worse if u tear on top of the cutting..... THAT would be worse than either..... I know one person who never tore or got cut....

I'd rather have an episiotomy (spl?) then tear, that's on the advice of midwife so assume its easier to stitch / heal but have heard conflicting advice.

Does anyone else have rib pain. It hurts so much just under my breasts. In actually stuck on my sofa..... Just tried to move and screamed in pain

Haven't you just had a chest infection poppy? It could be a pulled muscle from all your coughing?

Does anyone else have rib pain. It hurts so much just under my breasts. In actually stuck on my sofa..... Just tried to move and screamed in pain

I'm not sure if it's the same or not, but a couple of days ago I felt this sharp pain under my boob above my rib. I just rubbed it from outside to inside, because I thought it might be baby playing around, so I just wanted to get him out of there. It worked super fast.

This is probably not what you have but I have had long term (years) rib pain near my sternum on one side. It's super painful to push on the cartilage area where bone meets sternum. I even gasp if the cat walks on it. Doctor told me it was a condition called Costochondritis - inflammation of the cartilage of the ribs. No known cause, no known cure.

I was working outside this afternoon as it is beautiful here today. Windows open, sunny skies, neighbors getting it on.

LOL! The neighbors across the street were having a little afternoon delight with their windows open - makes me hopeful as they have a 4 months old!

It just amused me so much I had to tell you!

My chest infection was over a month ago now so don't think it's that. Ribs have been aching on and off for a few weeks. Turned into a stabbing pain today

I have that too .. costochondritis. Pain in the ... chest. lol!

Poppy it may just be where the baby is sticking their feet. I know with mine, her feet are at the bottom and I have a particular spot that sometimes gets really really sore and I am pretty sure it is where she is kicking and pushing in the same spot. I hope you feel better.

So my cleaning has been called off. I've been drinking water all day but got BH again and one of them got SUPER painful. So DH fussed and said go sit your butt down. So I'm laying down and away they went. sigh ... This baby will not let me do anything. Grrrr!

Hmmm but Im getting kicks quite low down today, no where near where my ribs r hurting

Boohooooooooo
I think I might book a docs appointment

Personally my tear was worse as (tmi alert) i lliterally tore from front to back but my worry is that the episiotomy will just start a tear off but ill see what my mw advises. Im gonna birth on my hands and knees this time though cos of the spd so hopefully that may stop tearing??

Grrrr I'm sooooo bored of being a papaya

I was happy to change to the eggplant today ... even though every week I post a new fruit to my facebook. It said I was cauliflower today. I wish they would make them work together. lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->